Aus police

Old Sep 18th 2009, 9:30 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aus police

what nice people they had a stall in the town today outside the post office I tripped and they all helped me up and chatted to me

when I mentioned i was unsure of the relay number for them I thought no more of it but I have just received an e mail from them giving me the relay number for deaf people to contact the police if I need them how kind
Old Sep 18th 2009, 9:56 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aus police

Good! am really pleased that I hear a positive story about the police.. have heard quite a lot of bad and my only experience with them (myself) has pissed me off a lot..

Like a happy ending, I do!

Em x
Old Sep 18th 2009, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
Good! am really pleased that I hear a positive story about the police.. have heard quite a lot of bad and my only experience with them (myself) has pissed me off a lot..

Em x
Me too, a law unto themselves i've found

Jazzys
Old Sep 18th 2009, 10:06 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Em x
perhaps you need to be deaf and crippled
Old Sep 18th 2009, 10:25 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

I like to think most cops are good and try and help people. I know at my station we're all a pretty caring and helpful bunch!

You obviously get the odd bad one, but most of us are nice
Old Sep 18th 2009, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
I like to think most cops are good and try and help people. I know at my station we're all a pretty caring and helpful bunch!

You obviously get the odd bad one, but most of us are nice
Yeah but you see them as workmates, we see them as arrogant arseholes

Jazzys
Old Sep 18th 2009, 10:35 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys
Yeah but you see them as workmates, we see them as arrogant arseholes

Jazzys
I see them talking to the public every day, and what they do to help them. I don't just see them as mates in the station.

I'm not saying all cops are helpful and friendly, but don't make out all cops are arseholes either.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

2 instances, firstly I was burgled and the officers that came round were superb and really sympathetic. It made the whole sorry experience just a tad more bearable. Secondly, a few weeks ago I inadvertantly went through a blatantly red light, the filter lane pulled away and in a daydream so did I! Cop car right behind me! He pulled me over and I explained sheepishly why it happened and after checking my details, he sent me on my way with a friendly lecture.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 11:30 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
what nice people they had a stall in the town today outside the post office I tripped and they all helped me up and chatted to me

when I mentioned i was unsure of the relay number for them I thought no more of it but I have just received an e mail from them giving me the relay number for deaf people to contact the police if I need them how kind
Just hope you never have to use it. We've had to call police more than once and they neve bother to come. Once, OH called from his mobile to say we were being burgled. They said "sure, we'll come". They never asked for our suburb, never mind the address! Another time my then 12 year old son went missing. I rang the first time at 6 pm and they said they would send someone around to take a report. Rang back at 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11. When I rang back at 12 I told them either someone comes NOW or I was calling Channel 7 news and they could explain to the reporters why they couldn't be bothered to investigate a missing child. They finally rocked up around 12:15 and asked why I was at home and not out looking for him.

You ever actually need a cop? Good luck!
Originally Posted by Scubaemma
I see them talking to the public every day, and what they do to help them. I don't just see them as mates in the station.

I'm not saying all cops are helpful and friendly, but don't make out all cops are arseholes either.
The ones I've dealt with are. I've been told I'm a bad mother because my autistic son has run away a couple of times, I've been told to take my troublemaker kid and **** off back where I came from and that I'm wasting police time with my petty complaints. You find me a decent cop in this country and I'll gladly apologise for thinking they're all assholes.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 11:33 pm

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

I am kind of supportive of the police in general however I have had quite a few incidents lately with Australian police and I have to say I am not impressed. Unprofessional. Unhelpful. Rude.

I am actually not going to wind myself up right now - time to watch these gavin and stacey downloads I think....
Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe its just the traffic cops that are all arseholes then. The foot patrols can escape my criticism for now, but the ones in cars are very unhelpful, arrogant and are despised by 100% of drivers

Jazzys
Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Em x
What do you expect them to do? Kick a man when his down?

BTW I like happy ending too
Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Originally Posted by jazzys
Me too, a law unto themselves i've found

Jazzys
I tend to agree.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by looky
I tend to agree.

I have to say, before anybody comes down on me, I am speaking from experience here

Jazzys
Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dorothy
TI've been told to take my troublemaker kid and **** off back where I came from and that I'm wasting police time with my petty complaints.
That is appalling! No one especially someone representing a law enforcement agency should say something like that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.