Aus police

Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aus police

Just to balance it out a bit - I've had nothing but very positive experiences wtih the police here.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys
Yeah but you see them as workmates, we see them as arrogant arseholes

Jazzys
Speak for yourself. I've only had good experiences when dealing with the police here (and anywhere else to be honest). However, it's probably the one profession I would not be happy with either child taking up. They have to take far too much abuse and deal with too many psycho people to make the job safe imo.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Speak for yourself. I've only had good experiences when dealing with the police here (and anywhere else to be honest). However, it's probably the one profession I would not be happy with either child taking up. They have to take far too much abuse and deal with too many psycho people to make the job safe imo.
Apologies Moneypen, "I" see them as arrogany arseholes.
Like i said, i'm only speaking from experience, as are you.

Jazzys
Old Sep 19th 2009, 6:46 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

As a police officer myself, albeit only part-time PSNI (yet in a paid capacity), I go out of my way to be courteous to people, no matter what, even if they're trying to run me over when I'm directing traffic (like last night). If only people here in Northern Ireland had more respect for us instead of trying to kill us all the time!

Might be an idea to try to put yourself in their shoes and understand what the regulars (full-time officers) have to go through, day in daily, the abuse they put up with, the things they're exposed to. Yes they're paid for it, but it doesn't mean they deserve to be treated the way they are. Here in Northern Ireland we lost a PSNI officer back in March, shot dead when going to the aid of someone who'd reported a broken window. These men and women, no matter where they police, put their lives in danger every day, to protect us, so maybe a little bit more respect and understanding might be required. Yes, sometimes, I'll admit, they're far from perfect, but they do try.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Fair comment but can you tell me why a traffic cop who has pulled you over randomly, without any rhyme or reason needs to act like a twat? Its the likes of him / her who is making it hard for his colleagues. If you got shit on by 3 pigeons, you'd hate all pigeons.

Jazzys
Old Sep 19th 2009, 8:10 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Fair comment but can you tell me why a traffic cop who has pulled you over randomly, without any rhyme or reason needs to act like a twat? Its the likes of him / her who is making it hard for his colleagues. If you got shit on by 3 pigeons, you'd hate all pigeons.

Jazzys
As I'm not a full-time officer (instead I'm a Primary School Teacher, full-time), I couldn't possibly comment...why were u pulled over?
Old Sep 19th 2009, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
As I'm not a full-time officer (instead I'm a Primary School Teacher, full-time), I couldn't possibly comment...why were u pulled over?
In australia they do randon breath tests testing for alcohol and / or drugs. Its happened a few times now and i don't mind being pulled over as i never have anything to worry about in that department. I'm all for zero tolerance but, zero manners is unacceptable in their job.

Jazzys
Old Sep 19th 2009, 8:19 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

In australia they do randon breath tests testing for alcohol and / or drugs. Its happened a few times now and i don't mind being pulled over as i never have anything to worry about in that department. I'm all for zero tolerance but, zero manners is unacceptable in their job.

Jazzys
Flip, serious? Then again we do random VCP's here in NI, but unless we actually suspect someone of being DIC then we don't breathalise them. No need to lack courtesy towards the public though, that's just rude. Where in Oz do you live, if you don't mind me asking? We're headed for QLD ourselves....
Old Sep 19th 2009, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Flip, serious? Then again we do random VCP's here in NI, but unless we actually suspect someone of being DIC then we don't breathalise them. No need to lack courtesy towards the public though, that's just rude. Where in Oz do you live, if you don't mind me asking? We're headed for QLD ourselves....
Well i think you will find a different beast here Jen. I live in brisbane.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 8:27 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Well i think you will find a different beast here Jen. I live in brisbane.
Is there not a police 'ombudsman' like there is here in NI? Someone you can complain to if you feel you've been treated unfairly?!
Old Sep 19th 2009, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Is there not a police 'ombudsman' like there is here in NI? Someone you can complain to if you feel you've been treated unfairly?!
No idea, quite possibly. But i doubt very much whether they are straight. They get away with allsorts here Jen.

Here's a story for you. When i first came here in 1988 I had to do a written driving test in order to get an australian licence. I had an english licence so a written test was all i had to do. I took it and got 3 questions wrong, hence i failed.
A few days later i was pulled randomly by a cop. He asked me for my licence, i gave him my english one as was allowed to drive on it for 3 months. He told me that was no good, and threw it down the embankment at the side of the road. i told him i'd taken the written test and failed by a couple of questions. I retrieved my english licence and he told me to go down the station that afternoon.

I went to the station after work, he sat me down, had a laugh with his pals about my licence lasting me till my 75th birthday, took my photo and ten minutes later handed me a driving licence.

I've seen them snap the aerial off a car while the guy was still in it, simply because he'd pulled up and stopped in a no stopping zone.

Like i said, a different beast.

Jazzys
Old Sep 19th 2009, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

Maybe its just the traffic cops that are all arseholes then. The foot patrols can escape my criticism for now, but the ones in cars are very unhelpful, arrogant and are despised by 100% of drivers

Jazzys
Your statistics are incorrect. I am a driver and I dont find Traffic cops unhelpful and arrogant, and I certainly dont despise them. I wish there were more of them out there giving tickets to the arsehole drivers who want to tailgate me whilst doing 100kph on country roads.

Barney
Old Sep 19th 2009, 8:54 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

No idea, quite possibly. But i doubt very much whether they are straight. They get away with allsorts here Jen.

Here's a story for you. When i first came here in 1988 I had to do a written driving test in order to get an australian licence. I had an english licence so a written test was all i had to do. I took it and got 3 questions wrong, hence i failed.
A few days later i was pulled randomly by a cop. He asked me for my licence, i gave him my english one as was allowed to drive on it for 3 months. He told me that was no good, and threw it down the embankment at the side of the road. i told him i'd taken the written test and failed by a couple of questions. I retrieved my english licence and he told me to go down the station that afternoon.

I went to the station after work, he sat me down, had a laugh with his pals about my licence lasting me till my 75th birthday, took my photo and ten minutes later handed me a driving licence.

I've seen them snap the aerial off a car while the guy was still in it, simply because he'd pulled up and stopped in a no stopping zone.

Like i said, a different beast.

Jazzys
Oh.... *GULP*
Old Sep 19th 2009, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by POW148
Your statistics are incorrect. I am a driver and I dont find Traffic cops unhelpful and arrogant, and I certainly dont despise them. I wish there were more of them out there giving tickets to the arsehole drivers who want to tailgate me whilst doing 100kph on country roads.

Barney
I stand corrected, 100% of the people i know dislike them.

Jazzys
Old Sep 19th 2009, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Bullys who got bashed at school wanting revenge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.