Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PERTH-help for newbies!

PERTH-help for newbies!

Old Sep 7th 2005, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

JIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant future
Exclamation Re: PERTH-help for newbies!

Just to let you know that the Dome cafe is closed, or so I'm told, for refurbishment. I have decided to move the coffee morning to The Italian Cafe, 12.30pm tomorrow. This is just down from Dome at the end of the boardwalk past The British Lolly Shop!
Old Sep 7th 2005, 7:20 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PERTH-help for newbies!

Originally Posted by JIVEBABE
Just to let you know that the Dome cafe is closed, or so I'm told, for refurbishment. I have decided to move the coffee morning to The Italian Cafe, 12.30pm tomorrow. This is just down from Dome at the end of the boardwalk past The British Lolly Shop!
Just don't eat any food - I got food poisoning there.
Old Sep 7th 2005, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

JIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by renth
Just don't eat any food - I got food poisoning there.
OK, thanks for the tip........I was tempted to try their chilli muscles but I think I'll give it a miss! If anyone wants it elsewhere can they make suggestions otherwise we will go with Italian Cafe but just for coffees!
Old Sep 7th 2005, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

.........and I had a MASSIVE cockroach in my salad!!!!
Old Sep 7th 2005, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, we must have eaten there so many times on our first recce. I really loved the Caesar Salad and Mr J the squid. Yikes.......and yuck!
Old Sep 13th 2005, 5:35 am
Just Joined

emmarebecca is an unknown quantity at this point

finally made it over!! won't be able to make it this thursday..but next week i'll definatly be there..keep me posted on the venue please pretty please!?!
really looking forward to it love em xx
Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by emmarebecca
finally made it over!! won't be able to make it this thursday..but next week i'll definatly be there..keep me posted on the venue please pretty please!?!
really looking forward to it love em xx
Next meeting 15th September...yeh spring at last!! Meeting at 12.30pm at Dome if it is open otherwise we will be at The Italian Cafe just a bit further down the board walk!! All welcome as usual!
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 12:35 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Next meeting 15th September...yeh spring at last!! Meeting at 12.30pm at Dome if it is open otherwise we will be at The Italian Cafe just a bit further down the board walk!! All welcome as usual!
Jive babe...are you still doing these meets..? love to come now Im actually here...even thou Im south the river...
Old Oct 11th 2005, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by peppi
Jive babe...are you still doing these meets..? love to come now Im actually here...even thou Im south the river...
Yes they are still going on but we have had a break for two weeks cos of the kids hols! They are at Dome Cafe at Hilary's Boat harbour, Sorrento Quay at 12.30pm on Thursdays (next one tomorrow). I think I may have spoken to you on the flip side! Were you stuck in the pre/post July thingy? If so then I definately spoke to you about visas etc. Is your hubby a lecky?

Hope to see you there and good luck with the settling in!!!

To all the regulars NEXT MEETING THURSDAY 12.30PM DOME CAFE

ALL WELCOME
Old Oct 11th 2005, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Yes they are still going on but we have had a break for two weeks cos of the kids hols! They are at Dome Cafe at Hilary's Boat harbour, Sorrento Quay at 12.30pm on Thursdays (next one tomorrow). I think I may have spoken to you on the flip side! Were you stuck in the pre/post July thingy? If so then I definately spoke to you about visas etc. Is your hubby a lecky?

ALL WELCOME
bump
Old Oct 12th 2005, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

bump
BUMP
Old Oct 12th 2005, 9:09 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

ALL WELCOME
Excellent I can pop up tomorrow then...see ya then...thing is how will I know who Im looking for....???? Yes i was stuck in the pre july rubbish,then I was stuck cos I couldnt sell the house,but no hubbys no leckie he cant even DIY...ha ha ha...so maybe I am confused with someone else I dont know..

Last edited by peppi; Oct 12th 2005 at 9:13 am.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 2:26 pm
Moomin member

Oh well heres to hoping you guys still look suspiciously like brits or something...if you see a jean n white top dark haired woman looking lost tomorrow give me a shout...pls
Old Oct 12th 2005, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

SueL is a jewel in the roughSueL is a jewel in the roughSueL is a jewel in the roughSueL is a jewel in the roughSueL is a jewel in the rough

Oh well heres to hoping you guys still look suspiciously like brits or something...if you see a jean n white top dark haired woman looking lost tomorrow give me a shout...pls
Hi Peppi, I'm sure we'll see you, we usually sit on one of the square tables where we can see the door. If you want I can PM my mobile number to you.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Sorry for the delay in responding. You can recognise us as we have a small Tigger toy on the table. We are usually very good at spotting newbies though so dont worry. You are definately the Peppi I spoke to via email in the UK. I thought I had contacted you cos your hubby was a lecky but maybe it was cos you applied roughly the same time as us. Anyhow it will be nice to put a face to the name! I remember you being very calm and philosophical about having to wait 50 weeks for the visa grant and telling me to be patient and then when the post July thingy hit you were jumping up and down with the rest of us....lol! Gosh that was a tough time, it brings back very bad memories, still we're all here now and living the good life!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.