Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PERTH-help for newbies!

PERTH-help for newbies!

Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:36 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default Re: PERTH-help for newbies!

Originally Posted by JIVEBABE
Sorry for the delay in responding. You can recognise us as we have a small Tigger toy on the table. We are usually very good at spotting newbies though so dont worry. You are definately the Peppi I spoke to via email in the UK. I thought I had contacted you cos your hubby was a lecky but maybe it was cos you applied roughly the same time as us. Anyhow it will be nice to put a face to the name! I remember you being very calm and philosophical about having to wait 50 weeks for the visa grant and telling me to be patient and then when the post July thingy hit you were jumping up and down with the rest of us....lol! Gosh that was a tough time, it brings back very bad memories, still we're all here now and living the good life!!
Good to see some friendly faces today...only thing Im going to be missing about the uk is my mates,so I have to hurry up and make some new ones. Coffee mornings are a good place to start eh..! Yes I jumped up and down when the pre july thing hit ...I was fumming that so much queue jumping was going on...then you had the peeps whinning that it had been a month and they'd heard nowt...! That did make me hopping I can tell ya...(I think i even said so on a couple of occassions to the moaners) but like you say we are here now and living the good life...I had to pinch myself for a minute today sat on that quay...and remind myself Im not here on holiday I actually live here...! Brill....! See you all again soon...hopefully saturday if I can sort something out...
Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:45 am
jackie

Before I start I would like to thank those who used to run the Thursday coffee mornings for new people arriving in Perth, I found it a great help and met some wonderful people through it. Unfortunately as everyone started getting jobs and going off to work they ended.

I now have a job too but shall have 2 days off a week so I would like to start these up again if anyone out there is interested. They may not be every week but maybe every other week, we can see how we go.

I met my best mate through the meetings and that helped me settle here quickly as I had some-one to lean on when things got tough, as did she. We are now both pretty much established and have talked about starting the coffee mornings up again as we feel it would be a shame for newbies to miss out on the opportunity of meeting others in the same boat as themselves. We had a lot of fun and found out a load of useful info from people who had been here a few months, some a few years, so if any girls would be interested in coming along for a coffee at Hilary's to have a chat and meet new people let me know and we can get one arranged.

Hi Hilary my name jackie iam still in the uk hopefully emigating next year with my husband and three children. The process in getting over there it a little bewildering .Just on the process of applying for visas havnt done the medicals yet.Were do you live in Perth? Do you have any children? my eldest will be sixteen next year and i have one eight and nine.
Hope we can keep in contact iam from liverpool

Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

I have the honour of having next Thursady off..........so after 16 months here I will be able to attend my first coffee morning.........see you next week!!!
Old Oct 13th 2005, 1:21 pm
Parent Contr.143

lened is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like a great idea . I'd like to come along . Arrive this week so after a rest from jet lag and some shopping I should be there. I'll keep looking at this site . Please keep me posted.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Well after our lovely coffee afternoon today I have just had the most awful afternoon/evening. Was doing some ironing about 4.30pm when I heard a crash followed by Ronan screaming and Erin screaming just as loudly. Ronan had tripped and fallen catching his head on the coffee table on the way down. I have seen a fair few bumps and bruises over the last few years between the 3 liittle uns but none to rival this. Blood was spurting everywhere and I could see a deep gaping hole in his forehead which looked more like a bullet wound than anything else. With Nick playing golf, me alone with the 3 kids and his face and by this point me as well covered in blood I paniced and called the ambulance. The up shot is that we had the choice of giving him ketamine to sedate him while they stitched him or send him to QM Hospital for a plastic surgeon to do it under a general. We opted for the ketamine which was pretty scary as he lay there paralysed and wired up to the monitors but with his eyes open looking like he was dead. He's had 6 stitches and is still a bit wobbly/drunk but we've now got him home. The Dr said that chicks dig scars so he'll be hoping you all make a big fuss of him next week!
Off for a BIG glass of wine now
Cheers
Yvonne
P.S. We haven't got ambulance insurance. Don't even want to think about what thats going to cost for the 4 min drive to hospital
Old Oct 14th 2005, 12:12 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

I want to come so much but wont be there untill July!!!!! so if your still having them then, I will see you then. x

Last edited by Dawn; Oct 14th 2005 at 12:21 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2005, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dawn
I want to come so much but wont be there untill July!!!!! so if your still having them then, I will see you then. x

Ditto
Old Oct 15th 2005, 12:51 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by YFitz
Well after our lovely coffee afternoon today I have just had the most awful afternoon/evening. Was doing some ironing about 4.30pm when I heard a crash followed by Ronan screaming and Erin screaming just as loudly. Ronan had tripped and fallen catching his head on the coffee table on the way down. I have seen a fair few bumps and bruises over the last few years between the 3 liittle uns but none to rival this. Blood was spurting everywhere and I could see a deep gaping hole in his forehead which looked more like a bullet wound than anything else. With Nick playing golf, me alone with the 3 kids and his face and by this point me as well covered in blood I paniced and called the ambulance. The up shot is that we had the choice of giving him ketamine to sedate him while they stitched him or send him to QM Hospital for a plastic surgeon to do it under a general. We opted for the ketamine which was pretty scary as he lay there paralysed and wired up to the monitors but with his eyes open looking like he was dead. He's had 6 stitches and is still a bit wobbly/drunk but we've now got him home. The Dr said that chicks dig scars so he'll be hoping you all make a big fuss of him next week!
Off for a BIG glass of wine now
Cheers
Yvonne
P.S. We haven't got ambulance insurance. Don't even want to think about what thats going to cost for the 4 min drive to hospital

What a day, hope the wee fella is better now.
Do you have private health insurance? Sometimes the Ambulance cover is at least partly covered in that.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

JIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant future

Yet another fab night out was had by the Coffee Morning groupies!

Yvonne, so sorry to hear about Ronan and his adventures but hey at least you got chance to drown your sorrows last night and let your hair down a bit!

Sorry to everyone for flashing my credentials in the loo but I am ever so proud of them! Soz if I bored/embarrased anyone!

Sarah, I do hope you got home OK, but I bet you have one hell of a hang over, I've never seen anyone so drunk in my life and the things you were doing on that dance floor....well!!!!!

Here is the sum of our indulgence:
Attached Thumbnails PERTH-help for newbies!-dscf0020.jpg   PERTH-help for newbies!-dscf0006.jpg   PERTH-help for newbies!-dscf0015.jpg   PERTH-help for newbies!-dscf0002.jpg   PERTH-help for newbies!-dscf0008.jpg  

Last edited by JIVEBABE; Oct 16th 2005 at 7:05 am.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 9:32 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Yvonne, so sorry to hear about Ronan and his adventures but hey at least you got chance to drown your sorrows last night and let your hair down a bit!

Sorry to everyone for flashing my credentials in the loo but I am ever so proud of them! Soz if I bored/embarrased anyone!

Sarah, I do hope you got home OK, but I bet you have one hell of a hang over, I've never seen anyone so drunk in my life and the things you were doing on that dance floor....well!!!!!

Looks like I missed a bit of a laugh...! Hopefully see ya thursday....
Old Oct 16th 2005, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

lian and jon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and a big well done to Peppi and family. Also hope to be able to meet up with you guys next year.

Peppi, we are still on target with that drink we owe you. Remember when Jon left his glasses at Weston super Mare and you posted them to us.

We are hoping to be out mid 2006. Visa app went to ASPC in August and was acknowleded in September. Apparently its now 4 months to get a CO and 2+ months after that.

Anyway, would be great to meet up with you all when (if) we make it (fingers crossed).

Enjoy summer and wish we were there already.

Lilian
Old Oct 17th 2005, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Yes it was good a good laugh. Bet there was a few sore heads on Sunday morning!!
Your credentials are very nice and you are quite rightfully proud of them
Ro is absolutely fine although we're not looking forward to getting the stitches out on Wednesday.
Catch up with you all on Thurs. Looks like our numbers will be swelling over the coming months. Good luck to all on their way. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Cheers
Yvonne
Old Oct 19th 2005, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

JIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant future

Just to let everyone know there will be a coffee meeting today at Dome Cafe Hillarys 12.30pm as usual. Any new people who would like to come along can recognise us by the small tigger on the table.

See ya

Thursday 20th October 2005
Old Oct 20th 2005, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

Just to let everyone know there will be a coffee meeting today at Dome Cafe Hillarys 12.00pm as usual. Any new people who would like to come along can recognise us by the small tigger on the table.

See ya

Thursday 20th October 2005
[SIZE=7]CHANGE OF TIME 12 NOON[/SIZE]
Old Oct 26th 2005, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

Next coffee morning, tomorrow (27th Oct) same place 12.30pm. Also Kings Park meet at 1pm Sunday Lottery West Picnic area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.