PERTH-help for newbies!

PERTH-help for newbies!

Old Jan 21st 2006, 9:19 am
Just Joined

kirst is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PERTH-help for newbies!

Originally Posted by YFitz
Hi Kirst
We're there every Thursday so just come along when you get here. We live all over- most of us are in the northern suburbs but a few come from further afield. I think Rockingham has been the furthest anyone has ever travelled- Mandurah is a bit of a hike but doable.
Hope your last minute stuff is going ok- all the sorting and packing is awful, never mind the goodbyes... but it's all worth it in the end.
Come and find us when you get here
Cheers
Yvonne
Thanks for the welcome and I will make the effort to come along when I arrive.... I'm only moving from Melbourne. We moved over from the UK 7 weeks ago but have not settled or found work so now going where we originally wanted to go WA!!!! Can't wait to get there and get settled at last.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

JIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant future

Unfortunately due to this Thursday being Australia day and most people are attending some event or other, we have decided to cancel the meeting tomorrow. They will continue as normal next week 2nd Feb! All welcome.
Old Feb 1st 2006, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

JIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant future

Expat Support Meet as usual Dome Cafe, Hillary's Boat Harbor, 12.30pm today all welcome!

Also just to let everyone know that I have taken all the useful info that I have collected since we moved here almost a year ago and compiled a new migrant file which is now being held at Joondalup Public Library, in the Community Information Section (where I work), we have also put a link onto the Joondalup Council website to tell people about our group.

http://www.joondalup.wa.gov.au/cms/t...e_pg.asp?id=50 then search for migrants or click on M in the index window.

The council so far have been quite receptive to the idea of providing a free information service for new migrants and have even put a whole new section in the libraries easy links, covering the most popular subjects of migration.

http://www.joondalup.wa.gov.au/cms/t...109&mode1=full

Hopefully both the links and the file will grow in time but I need to prove there is a need for such a service, so if anyone has any ideas where I can get statistics of the numbers of new migrants to Joondalup and the northern suburbs and how I can prove this service would be of value to new migrants please let me know! I have been collecting numbers of new migrants that visit the library to use the internet facilities and talk to me about aspects of their move (which seems to be going down a treat with newbies, they really seem to appreciate seeing a friendly face and asking all those tricky questions they dont seem to be able to find the answer to!...what did you do about this, what did you do about that etc etc.) but I could do with some official figures!

I'll keep you posted on the developments at the library!

Last edited by JIVEBABE; Feb 1st 2006 at 10:44 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

thehoweys is an unknown quantity at this point

This is really something that I would use - what a fantastic idea!
We will hopefully be there nearer the end of the year, but will definately be looking up your library.
Thanks for all your hard work
Susan
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice

Originally Posted by JIVEBABE
Expat Support Meet as usual Dome Cafe, Hillary's Boat Harbor, 12.30pm today all welcome!

Also just to let everyone know that I have taken all the useful info that I have collected since we moved here almost a year ago and compiled a new migrant file which is now being held at Joondalup Public Library, in the Community Information Section (where I work), we have also put a link onto the Joondalup Council website to tell people about our group.

http://www.joondalup.wa.gov.au/cms/t...e_pg.asp?id=50 then search for migrants or click on M in the index window.

The council so far have been quite receptive to the idea of providing a free information service for new migrants and have even put a whole new section in the libraries easy links, covering the most popular subjects of migration.

Hopefully both the links and the file will grow in time but I need to prove there is a need for such a service, so if anyone has any ideas where I can get statistics of the numbers of new migrants to Joondalup and the northern suburbs and how I can prove this service would be of value to new migrants please let me know! I have been collecting numbers of new migrants that visit the library to use the internet facilities and talk to me about aspects of their move (which seems to be going down a treat with newbies, they really seem to appreciate seeing a friendly face and asking all those tricky questions they dont seem to be able to find the answer to!...what did you do about this, what did you do about that etc etc.) but I could do with some official figures!

I agree, I think it's a great idea and it's lovely that you've gone to such trouble. Hubby and I are over there from 6th to 18th Feb for a Recci so will be popping in.
I also plan to come to the Dome Cafe for a meet on the Thursday . So I look forward to meeting everyone.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 9:21 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

It's a fantastic idea!

Although it'll be another 18 months until we move to Perth, I always check out this thread when it pops up on the board. And I very much hope the monthly meetings will still be there when we come to Perth.

And, knowing about the info at the Joondalup library and that you're based there, you can expect to see me there as well!

Please keep up the good work.

Gina
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GinaUK
It's a fantastic idea!

Although it'll be another 18 months until we move to Perth, I always check out this thread when it pops up on the board. And I very much hope the monthly meetings will still be there when we come to Perth.

And, knowing about the info at the Joondalup library and that you're based there, you can expect to see me there as well!

Please keep up the good work.

Gina
Thanks for the words of encouragement! I will pass it on to the managers of the library and hopefully they will let me put more time and effort into the service! Keep em comin!!
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

elaine&graham has a brilliant futureelaine&graham has a brilliant futureelaine&graham has a brilliant futureelaine&graham has a brilliant futureelaine&graham has a brilliant futureelaine&graham has a brilliant future

Hi Jivebabe

We will be arriving in Perth mid March, would love to meet other ex pats at the Dome cafe meets. I will keep an eye on this thread until then. Cant wait.

Elaine xxx
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I will pass it on to the managers of the library and hopefully they will let me put more time and effort into the service! Keep em comin!!
I'm hoping to join you ladies for coffee at the cafe. How will I know who you are when I get there next Thursday. Assuming it's still on.
It would be lovely to hear your stories.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LisaT
I'm hoping to join you ladies for coffee at the cafe. How will I know who you are when I get there next Thursday. Assuming it's still on.
It would be lovely to hear your stories.

Hi Lisa
Our Thursday coffees range from 3 of us round 1 table to loads of us round 3 or 4 tables pushed together-just depending on how busy everybody is. We used to have a little Tigger on the table but yesterday we had a flag- it shouldn't be too hard to spot us. We are more often than not at the tables opposite the door of the Dome rather that inside.
Look forward to seeing you next week
Cheers

Yvonne
Old Feb 8th 2006, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Expats Support/Social Meet as normal. 12.30pm Dome cafe Hilary's Boat Harbour. Look out for the ozzie flag!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Expats Support/Social Meet as normal. 12.30pm Dome cafe Hilary's Boat Harbour. Look out for the ozzie flag!
Ozzie flag left behind last week! Will try to retrieve this week, otherwise back to good old tigger!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Ozzie flag left behind last week! Will try to retrieve this week, otherwise back to good old tigger!
Hi - we are 1/2 way through our application and are coming to perth in May for May - staying in Freo. Do you have any objections to me coming to one of your get togethers? might take away some of the fears of the big move after hearing some experiences and meeting others!!! - 33yr olf f from manchester
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Hi - we are 1/2 way through our application and are coming to perth in May for May - staying in Freo. Do you have any objections to me coming to one of your get togethers? might take away some of the fears of the big move after hearing some experiences and meeting others!!! - in 30's f from manchester
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Watty'n'Arls
Hi - we are 1/2 way through our application and are coming to perth in May for May - staying in Freo. Do you have any objections to me coming to one of your get togethers? might take away some of the fears of the big move after hearing some experiences and meeting others!!! - in 30's f from manchester
Not at all. Everyone is welcome. Come and find us when you get here!
Yvonne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.