Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PERTH-help for newbies!

PERTH-help for newbies!

Old Feb 7th 2007, 5:50 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PERTH-help for newbies!

Just to let everyone know that we have changed the venue for Thursday. Once again the Dome struggled to cope last week so we are now going to be at the Quay Cafe still at Hillarys.
The menu looks good and there is even a toy box to keep any nippers happy and we have been able to reserve some tables

Hope to see you there

Sam
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

deb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
Just to let everyone know that we have changed the venue for Thursday. Once again the Dome struggled to cope last week so we are now going to be at the Quay Cafe still at Hillarys.
The menu looks good and there is even a toy box to keep any nippers happy and we have been able to reserve some tables

Hope to see you there

Sam
hi there all,

We are arriving in Perth on the 2nd March, my hubby, me and 1 x 18yr old and a 3 yrd old. I would love to meet up with you all to pick your brains on the ozzy life style.
Do you all meet every week or is it as and when?? i have been to Hillarys before a few years ago , and thought it was a great place to chill out.
how many of you all meet up ?? and can i just turn up ???

i'm getting the collywobbles now as it wont be long before i will be taking the huge flying jump to a new life.
hope to meet everyone soon

debs
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:51 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deb-n-rob2006
hi there all,

We are arriving in Perth on the 2nd March, my hubby, me and 1 x 18yr old and a 3 yrd old. I would love to meet up with you all to pick your brains on the ozzy life style.
Do you all meet every week or is it as and when?? i have been to Hillarys before a few years ago , and thought it was a great place to chill out.

i'm getting the collywobbles now as it wont be long before i will be taking the huge flying jump to a new life.

debs

Wow Debs how exciting! Not long now!

I'm sure the Perth lot will look after you and help get rid of those collywobbles

Hopefully see you over there one day!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

deb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Clippies
Wow Debs how exciting! Not long now!

I'm sure the Perth lot will look after you and help get rid of those collywobbles

Hopefully see you over there one day!
thanks,

wobble wobble , i amsure i wil be fine , but its the family thing at the mo , you know....saying all the goodbys , breaks your heart ,

but im still stayin strong , for my kids at least

xxxxxx thanks

see you all soon , in the sun
Old Feb 7th 2007, 9:00 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks,

wobble wobble , i amsure i wil be fine , but its the family thing at the mo , you know....saying all the goodbys , breaks your heart ,

but im still stayin strong , for my kids at least

xxxxxx thanks

see you all soon , in the sun
Yes I can imagine, must be heartbreaking.

Stay strong
Old Feb 7th 2007, 9:19 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

hi there all,

debs
Hi Debs

Yes we meet every week and you can just turn up. Our numbers differ each week, there are about 15 who come regularly some come and find its not for them and you never see them again and some drift in and out. We are from all walks of life and can offer many different views of life in Perth, the good and the bad.

Good luck with the move and hopefully we will see on this side soon

Sam
Old Feb 8th 2007, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold

hi there all,

debs

Hi Debs,
I'm one of the 15 that goes to Hillarys every week. Please do come down,as our beautiful pink pussycat said,we love to help and give the down and dirty of true life here. No rose tinted glasses about.
Just a curiosity question. Is your 18 yr old male or female. I have one of the female variety. It might help your eldest to settle. just read that last bit (it been the situation, not my daughter ) LOL
Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

hi all
was coming in june to perth however dp cant get a week of (1 of the middle weeks)
so we are now trying to come out in may

Q what is the weather normally like in may it will be the first 3 weeks of may

thanks
Old Feb 10th 2007, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chef69
Hi Debs,
I'm one of the 15 that goes to Hillarys every week. Please do come down,as our beautiful pink pussycat said,we love to help and give the down and dirty of true life here. No rose tinted glasses about.
Just a curiosity question. Is your 18 yr old male or female. I have one of the female variety. It might help your eldest to settle. just read that last bit (it been the situation, not my daughter ) LOL
hi ,

my 18yr old is female and my 3 yr old is a little monster but we think he's male.
my daughter is really looking forward to meeting her own age over there , she has a strong head on her sholders and will be looking for work as soon as we land, she is managing a shoe shop (barretts) in croydon at the moment ,
and isnt one to sit still. but she is extremely friendly and would love to get to know as many people as possible (very sociable). She will be coming back to london in the june to be at her dads wedding , but she may stay until december , i am trying to persuade to come straight back out , and if she has a great cirlce around her and a job ,i'm sure she will, ( then mummy will be very happy indeed) .
pm me , and if your daughter has a addy name on msn i will give it to Toni , so they can have a chat . as she is always on it ,.

I will try and be there on the 1st or 2nd thursday in march , you will all recognise me easily , i will be the nervous one heading towards you without a tan , beer in hand and a screaming toddler. losing it while coping with jet lag , ( pretty picture eh! )

thank again
debs
Old Feb 10th 2007, 12:05 pm
I'm watching YOU...

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
hi all
was coming in june to perth however dp cant get a week of (1 of the middle weeks)
so we are now trying to come out in may

Q what is the weather normally like in may it will be the first 3 weeks of may

thanks
Hi
May is getting into Autumn weather, last year we were very luck with the weather and it stayed fine and dry well into June. You will find that in the day the temp can be around the early 20's but it does get cold at night, so bring somthing warm for the night time.

Sam
Old Feb 10th 2007, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

hi sam

is it worth coming in may? i hope so as i am just about to book the flights
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
hi sam

is it worth coming in may? i hope so as i am just about to book the flights

Last May was fab weather....year before it was really wet
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=deb-n-rob2006;4386494]hi ,

my 18yr old is female and my 3 yr old is a little monster but we think he's male.

I have a 3 year old who is with me at Hillarys most weeks. He'll be delighted to have another little monster to play with