Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PERTH-help for newbies!

PERTH-help for newbies!

Old Aug 18th 2005, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

JIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant future
Default Re: PERTH-help for newbies!

Originally Posted by ladysarah
have just registered on this site as myself & my husband are emigrating to perth tomorrow(18/8/05) and we do not know anybody yet or much about the place, so the coffee mornings sound like a fab idea.we will miss tomorrows as do not land untill late afternoon but will there be one next thur?
I will try to arrange one for next Thursday but had a few hiccups with job (local government!!) Cant start now til Monday and need to get 38hrs in by the end of the week so may need to work next Thursday. Maybe one of the other girls could arrange it. Will defo be one the following Thurs though when I am back to my normaL shifts! Keep an eye on the website and it will let you know when the next one will be.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 9:57 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JIVEBABE
I will try to arrange one for next Thursday but had a few hiccups with job (local government!!) Cant start now til Monday and need to get 38hrs in by the end of the week so may need to work next Thursday. Maybe one of the other girls could arrange it. Will defo be one the following Thurs though when I am back to my normaL shifts! Keep an eye on the website and it will let you know when the next one will be.
Hi there any ladies in perth who may be out there, First of all apologies to all who took time and trouble to arrange the perth ladies nite on 13th and simone for the P.M. had people over in perth and so unable to attend, was in difficult position as was overjoyed that friends were here for couple of nights but a little sad that couldnt get to meet you all finally. Am now even more so as been here 4 weeks and only conversation with people my age seems to be with ladies at checkouts when I'm wandering aimlessly around the shops. Its ok for him indoors as he is working, and kids are ok as they are in school but I unfortunately am feeling a bit out of it,so if the coffee morning is on COUNT ME IN!! please put a date down for def arrangement. please also bear in mind that I dont have my computer with me our stuff not due till mid sept(have snuck in to use the bosses at his workplace) so am infrequent on here at the moment but dont think Im not posting anymore just cos I'm not on here that much.In meantime,If anyone is south of the river would love to hear from you!
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 1:14 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

I will certainly be up for this, but I'm not arriving till next year!

See you all then.

Claire
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 1:29 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

I miss coffee days with the gang in Hillary's but I am working on Thursdays-sob-
Maybe we can have a meet at the park again soon one weekend, it would have to get warmer though.
Yep guys it may be 20 degrees but it feels dam cold!

Jenny
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

JIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by squeezzii
Hi there any ladies in perth who may be out there, First of all apologies to all who took time and trouble to arrange the perth ladies nite on 13th and simone for the P.M. had people over in perth and so unable to attend, was in difficult position as was overjoyed that friends were here for couple of nights but a little sad that couldnt get to meet you all finally. Am now even more so as been here 4 weeks and only conversation with people my age seems to be with ladies at checkouts when I'm wandering aimlessly around the shops. Its ok for him indoors as he is working, and kids are ok as they are in school but I unfortunately am feeling a bit out of it,so if the coffee morning is on COUNT ME IN!! please put a date down for def arrangement. please also bear in mind that I dont have my computer with me our stuff not due till mid sept(have snuck in to use the bosses at his workplace) so am infrequent on here at the moment but dont think Im not posting anymore just cos I'm not on here that much.In meantime,If anyone is south of the river would love to hear from you!
Just found out I dont have to work Thursday so I will definately be at the next coffee morning this Thursday (25th) at Dome, Hilary's, 12 noon. Thanks to all that turned up last week. Any newbies please dont feel initimidated as we are all a really friendly bunch and only want to help and to make new friends. We love to hear everyones migration stories etc. Hope to see you all on Thursday if you can make it! Larissa ,how's the new house?
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

samjones is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds great, don't arrive in Perth for five weeks but will definitely be there when I do!!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Just thought I would bring this back to the top to remind everyone there is another meeting at Dome, Hilary's for Perthies 12 nnon. All welcome.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 6:01 pm
Oz won't no whats hit em!

lindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant future

Hiya,

I have nly just found this thread, but i would be really interested in the coffee mornings, however i am not yet in perth, hoping to arrive this time next year with my family.

I would really appreciate being kept up to date though, and hopefully i can come along when i get there.

Cheers

love from Linda x
Old Aug 24th 2005, 6:20 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lindaclaire
Hiya,

I have nly just found this thread, but i would be really interested in the coffee mornings, however i am not yet in perth, hoping to arrive this time next year with my family.

I would really appreciate being kept up to date though, and hopefully i can come along when i get there.

Cheers

love from Linda x

Me too! Are you Rochester kent?

Kris
Old Aug 24th 2005, 6:31 pm

lindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Me too! Are you Rochester kent?

Kris
guilty as charged!! you know it then?
Old Aug 24th 2005, 6:35 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lindaclaire
guilty as charged!! you know it then?

Yep we have friends that live their!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

emmarebecca is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JIVEBABE
Just thought I would bring this back to the top to remind everyone there is another meeting at Dome, Hilary's for Perthies 12 nnon. All welcome.
can't wait!! I arrive in perth 8th sept so I'll be along hopefully the week after...can't wait to meet you all and may be in need of a break from the family by then!!
love em xx
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Yep we have friends that live their!
oh ok cool. i won't ask who they are because i doubt i'll know them, fair few ppl in rochester!
Old Aug 25th 2005, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

Just checking if anyone is coming to the coffee morning this lunchtime as all the regulars I am in contact with are busy today and dont want to be on my todd! I am happy to host one but not if I have no takers!!
Old Aug 25th 2005, 3:26 am
Just Joined

SueL is a jewel in the roughSueL is a jewel in the roughSueL is a jewel in the roughSueL is a jewel in the roughSueL is a jewel in the rough

Hi, I was going to pop along to say hello.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.