Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NSW Ambulance service

NSW Ambulance service

Old Apr 27th 2009, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

I wan tee go oz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NSW Ambulance service

Hi all. For those of you from the UK who've been out for interview, testing etc....is the normal tourist visa (ETA linked to passport no.) ok to travel on for test week?
Old Apr 27th 2009, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

teepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to all

Originally Posted by I wan tee go oz
Hi all. For those of you from the UK who've been out for interview, testing etc....is the normal tourist visa (ETA linked to passport no.) ok to travel on for test week?
i came on that one and i dont think anyone else has had any problems with the eta. good luck with the testing.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by teepee
i came on that one and i dont think anyone else has had any problems with the eta. good luck with the testing.
Thanks
Old Apr 30th 2009, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

nikedge is an unknown quantity at this point

Application gone in today!!!!!!

What happens next?

Whoop whoop!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

theotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nice

Flying out on Sunday....forever

Start induction a week Monday
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

theotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nice

Originally Posted by nikedge
Application gone in today!!!!!!

What happens next?

Whoop whoop!

Hurry up and wait lol. It took 'em about six weeks before they contacted me. Good luck!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

displacedsurfer21 is an unknown quantity at this point

theotherpill, be sure to let us know how it goes!!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

theotherpill

thanks for the reply I will indeed wait.

How long averagely does the application to interview take.

Nik
Old May 1st 2009, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

theotherpill

Nik
Hi Nik, once they contact you and ask you to come out for interview, it is up to you how long it takes. Just book a flight and tell them what date you're coming!
Old May 1st 2009, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

It's actually my husband that is the Paramedic- as soon as we hear he'll be on the flight out.

Is the salary v's cost of living good enough for family of 4 (mother still at home with 2 pre-schoolers)?

Hoping to move to move to mountains once citybound period is over thank you

Nik
Old May 1st 2009, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

theotherpill

Nik
Hi, like theotherphil says they'll contact you. You'll probably get an e-mail saying your application has been received and going before the RPL panel.You'll hear soon after it does.
Good luck,
Phil
Old May 2nd 2009, 12:40 pm
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

It's actually my husband that is the Paramedic- as soon as we hear he'll be on the flight out.

Is the salary v's cost of living good enough for family of 4 (mother still at home with 2 pre-schoolers)?

Hoping to move to move to mountains once citybound period is over thank you

Nik
Salary while in training is about $1600 take home a fortnight. If your husband gets RPL'd to ICP, there are only a few stations, normally in the city, where they are based. If you want to move out, you would have to work at P1 level otherwise there is a lot of traveling involved.
After training, I have heard that the average take home pay of an ICP is about $2400 pf although they have just today started a new rota of 2 days 2 nights 5 off with the old meal break allowances removed which is going to make a big difference to peoples take home pay I am led to believe??
You are able to apply for a transfer after your 28 weeks are over but all transfers are judged on a points system.
I have 2 kids in school. Wife still not working as yet. Rent in Sydney is expensive++ Cost of living similar to UK otherwise. It is not easy financially at the moment but enjoying the lifestyle which is the main reason for the move.
Good luck in whatever you decide
Old May 5th 2009, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

Well, I turned up safe and sound....been sorting bank cards/ TFN/ somewhere to live today . I was a little dismayed to look out of the window this morning to find it raining but it didn't last long

I really have to commend Qantas. I flew out on Sunday from Heathrow on the new A380. I paid for a migrant ticket so had 40Kg of luggage to play with but still managed to go over by 3kg on my checked items. My hand luggage was also over by 5kg. I explained that I was able to lift it above my head lol! The lovely lady on the desk told me to take my hand luggage off the scales quickly before anybody noticed and let me off with the checked luggage - she told me not to do it on the way back Result! Whilst the going was good, I asked about a fire exit seat and was promptly moved so I can stretch out my long legs. As the flight wasn't at capacity, the Pilot said people could have any seat they wanted as long as they were in their designated seats on take off and landing for the correct weight distribution .

Fantastic service throughout....a really enjoyable experience in comparison to other airlines I've travelled with.
Old May 5th 2009, 8:49 am
Just Joined

chillifarm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by theotherphil
Well, I turned up safe and sound....been sorting bank cards/ TFN/ somewhere to live today . I was a little dismayed to look out of the window this morning to find it raining but it didn't last long

I really have to commend Qantas. I flew out on Sunday from Heathrow on the new A380. I paid for a migrant ticket so had 40Kg of luggage to play with but still managed to go over by 3kg on my checked items. My hand luggage was also over by 5kg. I explained that I was able to lift it above my head lol! The lovely lady on the desk told me to take my hand luggage off the scales quickly before anybody noticed and let me off with the checked luggage - she told me not to do it on the way back Result! Whilst the going was good, I asked about a fire exit seat and was promptly moved so I can stretch out my long legs. As the flight wasn't at capacity, the Pilot said people could have any seat they wanted as long as they were in their designated seats on take off and landing for the correct weight distribution .

Fantastic service throughout....a really enjoyable experience in comparison to other airlines I've travelled with.
Good luck for your 8 weeks at AEC mate.
Let us knoew how you get on.
Cheers. chilli
Old May 5th 2009, 8:53 am
Just Joined

chillifarm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chillifarm
Good luck for your 8 weeks at AEC mate.
Let us knoew how you get on.
Cheers. chilli
Knoew??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.