Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Might as well have moved to Nigeria

Might as well have moved to Nigeria

Old Feb 18th 2004, 3:57 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Despite my further digression at least the thread has maintained a relevance to the forums guidelines.
exactly, & its a discussion, not drivel
Old Feb 18th 2004, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

I decided to go to the shops , as its always cooler isnt it , normally , but because of the ban there is no aircon on, all shops are only allowed 2 lights on it was awful up there so now im back at home more bloomin hot and bothered than before. Last nite and the nite before was just bloody terrible. I see your not allowed pool pumps on , 2 lights per house , no outside lights , 1 ring on the cooker , no aircon it goes on and on . Roll on winter cant wait . The poor kids are at school and they have only a couple of aircon units in 2 schools , bless them
Joanne
Old Feb 18th 2004, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Might as well have moved to Nigeria

Originally posted by chippy
Christ...Do you ever stop whingeing.

Wait till Friday, its supposed to be 40 now that with say a little light 90% humidity (according to megs real temp chart) would have a real heat factor of about 55degrees or 131 degrees to you in the old scale But only in the shade of course, now in the sun I think we could go for .......

Check this space Friday:scared: Well if anyones got the power to log on that is. BTW I have decided I will go to jail rather than turn my AC off so if they bring that in here please visit me.

Someone asked me about sunprotection fabrics, not sure how good they are, it must all help tho.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Breaking News:

The bans have just been lifted......turn it all back on.

WP say thank you very much for helping them out.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough
Talking

Are you sure cos if I turn it on & get fined you'll have to pay!!!!????

Loopy - about to chill!

P.S Diane -empty your PM box you popular girl
Old Feb 18th 2004, 5:15 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone remember Victoria's gas problem (The state not the Beckham)? Then there was the explosion in Moomba in SA. I don't think any state is immune from infrastructure problems.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Loopy
Are you sure cos if I turn it on & get fined you'll have to pay!!!!????

Loopy - about to chill!

P.S Diane -empty your PM box you popular girl

Yep just confirmed on 94.9.

Already calling for a inquiry as to how a ban can be imposed without that being communicated to the customer. My guess is wouldn't stand up in court if they tried it.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 5:34 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jopaulss
I decided to go to the shops , as its always cooler isnt it , normally ,
On your drive to the shops did you have a/c in the car??
Know where i'd be sitting, and sod the omissions
Old Feb 18th 2004, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

NJFOZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Originally posted by bondipom
Anyone remember Victoria's gas problem (The state not the Beckham)? Then there was the explosion in Moomba in SA. I don't think any state is immune from infrastructure problems.

Oi BP leave Victoria alone. :-)

The problems were in SA and NSW there were none in Victoria as it has its own gas infrastructure and supplies. The local politicans were bragging about how good they were to have invested in overcoming the very problem the NSW faced.

http://www.theage.com.au/handheld/ar...437477733.html
Old Feb 18th 2004, 5:53 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by dotty
Wait till Friday, its supposed to be 40 now that with say a little light 90% humidity (according to megs real temp chart) would have a real heat factor of about 55degrees or 131 degrees to you in the old scale But only in the shade of course, now in the sun I think we could go for .......

Check this space Friday:scared: Well if anyones got the power to log on that is. BTW I have decided I will go to jail rather than turn my AC off so if they bring that in here please visit me.

Someone asked me about sunprotection fabrics, not sure how good they are, it must all help tho.
I'm all for a/c at home. You've got to be able to sleep.

But to give it to the kids at school?...no. You're gonna breed a nation of weakling faggot types...
Old Feb 18th 2004, 5:56 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by chippy
I'm all for a/c at home. You've got to be able to sleep.

But to give it to the kids at school?...no. You're gonna breed a nation of weakling faggot types...
Yeah, they'll be asking for heating in the winter next.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 6:47 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by hevs
Hevs, you have a child in an a/c school stop the drivel & answer my off topic question
Old Feb 18th 2004, 6:52 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by hevs
A good caning not only improves a teachers disposition but also cures student chillblains.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 6:58 am
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Originally posted by dotty
I personally think that all these cutbacks in the ed system are the same tactic as the push that went on to get people into private healthcare. Keep hacking away at the state schools, make it so publicised that the Private schools are getting all the funding then of course more and more people will go Private. No class system in OZ eh

As for kids in this heat, its primative. We have our mates 7 year old back for 2 weeks, he is begging us not to send him to school, it upsets me every morning but what can I do??, yesterday it was so much cooler and off he went quite happy. Hes aussie, born & bred but he hates the bloody heat so too the rest of his class according to the aussie teacher.
Talking to my friend in Brissy yesterday she was telling me how in her daughters class (she is in primary school) there are some boys who play up a bit (like they do) and as a punishment the teacher switches the fans of!!!!! I think this is terrible and shouldn't happen in heat like they are experiencing.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:00 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by heading downunder 2002
Talking to my friend in Brissy yesterday she was telling me how in her daughters class (she is in primary school) there are some boys who play up a bit (like they do) and as a punishment the teacher switches the fans of!!!!! I think this is terrible and shouldn't happen in heat like they are experiencing.
So what do you suggest for character building class?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.