Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How is your house sale going Part III!!!!

View Poll Results: Where are you at now???
No offers yet
33.33%
Rejected offer
11.11%
Accepted offer
31.75%
Reduced price
9.52%
Exchanged
4.76%
Sold and on our way
3.17%
Sold and moved into rented
3.17%
Cannot sell but we're going anyway!!
3.17%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

How is your house sale going Part III!!!!

Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

dh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud of
Wink Re: How is your house sale going Part III!!!!

I have had what has been the shittiest 6 months ever but got a viewer on Monday and an offer on Thursday out of the blue, which I am still in complete shock about. We had totally given up on selling and thought we would have to activate in April, as we have to pass through Oz by the 19th of April. I even gave up coming on here for a while because it felt like everytime I logged on some on else had sold their house

I had never dreamed of how hard it would be to sell, we had to reduce, tidy up god knows how many times, put up with total time wasters,change the garden, and it really got depressing. I am just praying it all goes through without hassles, but I am not taking it for granted until the money is in the bank.

Good luck to everyone, I totally know what you are going through
Donna x
Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:31 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How is your house sale going Part III!!!!

Originally Posted by dh1905
I have had what has been the shittiest 6 months ever but got a viewer on Monday and an offer on Thursday out of the blue, which I am still in complete shock about. We had totally given up on selling and thought we would have to activate in April, as we have to pass through Oz by the 19th of April. I even gave up coming on here for a while because it felt like everytime I logged on some on else had sold their house

I had never dreamed of how hard it would be to sell, we had to reduce, tidy up god knows how many times, put up with total time wasters,change the garden, and it really got depressing. I am just praying it all goes through without hassles, but I am not taking it for granted until the money is in the bank.

Good luck to everyone, I totally know what you are going through
Donna x
Congrats to you too Donna great news
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
Congrats to you too Donna great news
Congratulations Donna .Hope it all works out for you.
Its true just when you are about to give up something can happen.Gives me hope.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 2:29 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck mate, fingers are perm crossed

thanks mate - i am dying the hangover death today
Old Nov 20th 2005, 2:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Paul2004
Yeah bout all we can do for now, altho the other worrying thing is that the market HAS picked up round here in the last month or so. Admittedly it's more the first time buyers and the next step up or so but the higher end of the market aint moving at all from what I see.

The competition around here makes me almost want to cry ...lol. IF I could get the kinda money for our house that it's been on for, I could move down the road to a lovely 4 bed with a pool in the garden! ...lol

Who'd need to move! ...

Oh whatever, we'll sell it as we HAVE TO! ... All the hard work and money etc we've put into the house over the last 7 years will simply of been for fun ... ... but if it gets us to Oz then we'll be happy! ...
really really wish id stayed in and continued this conversation because im feeling like shite today
Old Nov 20th 2005, 2:40 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

We have had 4 viewings, with 2 potential offers but nothing set in stone yet.

This house selling business really sucks!

We have booked our flights anyway for the end of March and we are keeping our fingers crossed that we wont have to use the return tickets

Rob
Old Nov 20th 2005, 2:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
We have had 4 viewings, with 2 potential offers but nothing set in stone yet.

This house selling business really sucks!

We have booked our flights anyway for the end of March and we are keeping our fingers crossed that we wont have to use the return tickets

Rob

blimey thats better than us - we have had about 40 viewings and not one snivelling offer!!!!!
Old Nov 20th 2005, 2:47 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

WOW!!!!

We signed on with one local estate agent and didnt get one single viewing. Then we got another one on board the week before last and they got us the four viewings.

We are also advertising our property on a number of other web sites and we have a lady from Spain moving back to the UK the first week in December and is looking for a large property, cash buyer, and would like to move in as soon as possible..........sounds quite promising

Originally Posted by Rooksie
blimey thats better than us - we have had about 40 viewings and not one snivelling offer!!!!!
Old Nov 20th 2005, 6:08 pm

thanks mate - i am dying the hangover death today
What were you up to last night missus?
Old Nov 20th 2005, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

shorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
Finally exchanged on Friday
Shippers in this wed/thurs and we complete on Friday 25th
We will staying at my sisters until we fly out Dec 30th, getting scary now, should be packing not sitting here!!!!
Good luck to everyone with their house sales.
Carole x
Lucky you Carole,

Good luck with the move. Might be following you soon .

Joanne
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:20 pm
Account Closed

What were you up to last night missus?

went out with friends mate. i didnt realise how mashed i was until i tried to move my head this morning
Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:41 pm

went out with friends mate. i didnt realise how mashed i was until i tried to move my head this morning
LOL I know the feeling have you had your roast dinner hangover cure? hope you feel better tom you gotta clean that house for Tues
Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

kerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nice
Default Re: How is your house sale going Part III!!!! We have sold!

Can't believe it, second viewing yesterday and they offered asking price. Not only that but they have sold their house to a first time buyer and want to complete by end of December to move in January! If our plans go ahead, visa grant should be through end of December, all ready for booking flights for Mid Jan hopefully. Fingers crossed that is ......
kerry
Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:54 pm

Default Re: How is your house sale going Part III!!!! We have sold!

Originally Posted by kerryinuk
Can't believe it, second viewing yesterday and they offered asking price. Not only that but they have sold their house to a first time buyer and want to complete by end of December to move in January! If our plans go ahead, visa grant should be through end of December, all ready for booking flights for Mid Jan hopefully. Fingers crossed that is ......
kerry
Bloody brilliant wow i think thats 3 offers posted or a complete this week things are picking up folks
Old Nov 21st 2005, 7:28 am
Account Closed

LOL I know the feeling have you had your roast dinner hangover cure? hope you feel better tom you gotta clean that house for Tues

got a viewing today as well mate. thank god im fully recovered. my intended cure yesterday was a sausage sandwich but it didnt work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.