Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How is your house sale going Part III!!!!

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: Where are you at now???
No offers yet
33.33%
Rejected offer
11.11%
Accepted offer
31.75%
Reduced price
9.52%
Exchanged
4.76%
Sold and on our way
3.17%
Sold and moved into rented
3.17%
Cannot sell but we're going anyway!!
3.17%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

How is your house sale going Part III!!!!

Old Oct 28th 2005, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How is your house sale going Part III!!!!

Originally Posted by tracey.d
I actually like the zebra .

Saying that though, mines been on the market for 8 months now with hardly any viewings and no offers so maybe you should listen to the others

Tracey
Well do you want to post details of yours and we'll see if we can give some constructive unbiassed advice?
Old Oct 28th 2005, 4:01 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tracey.d
I actually like the zebra .

Saying that though, mines been on the market for 8 months now with hardly any viewings and no offers so maybe you should listen to the others

Tracey
thanks
Old Oct 28th 2005, 4:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The A Team
You could do a poll......we can all vote what looks best..... with or without the zebra!!!!!!

oh goodie i do love a poll!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 28th 2005, 4:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spottydog
But I don't think much of the advert or the agents website as a whole. It says 3 bedrooms but there are 4 room dimensions listed below this.

Also where are the pictures of the bedrooms and bathroom, do you have any parking, what is fitted in the kitchen, do you have a bath and shower & is it upstairs or downstairs, are there any built in wardrobes in the bedrooms, is the garden south facing since you get the sun and it looks pretty big but it doesn't say large garden or in excess of x feet? Since it says family home is it near a good school that you could add in the catchment area of?

Good luck
OMG!!!!!! i see what you mean i feel like such a tit
Old Oct 28th 2005, 4:09 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

OK let me add my comments to the mix (hopefully too many wanna be house Drs don't spoil the house!)

It is a periods house - if it still has any original features it should state so (eg picture rail, cornicing, ceiling rose)

lounge - maybe also get rid of the chest - rather than being the item the eye is drawn to, a viewer see space (ours was moved to the garage and made a big difference as you had to walk round it to get to another door)

from measurements you can see your property is bigger - plus as already mentioned the amount of work to get the other property to look like yours would cost (let alone inconvience) more than £11k difference

the last picture adds v little - it is too much in shadow (for 'having a sunny aspect) and the 5th one is better.

I don't believe pictures of everything should be published - our bathroom was one of the best rooms but no photo, and it gave something extra when a viewer came round.

No mention of NO ONWARD CHAIN (& it should be stated in capitals)

Does not look that great on the ad that there is no email address next to those words

Sometimes it is easy to overlook things that you are familiar with, and take for granted the selling points of your house.
Old Oct 28th 2005, 4:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by walaj
OK let me add my comments to the mix (hopefully too many wanna be house Drs don't spoil the house!)

It is a periods house - if it still has any original features it should state so (eg picture rail, cornicing, ceiling rose)

lounge - maybe also get rid of the chest - rather than being the item the eye is drawn to, a viewer see space (ours was moved to the garage and made a big difference as you had to walk round it to get to another door)

from measurements you can see your property is bigger - plus as already mentioned the amount of work to get the other property to look like yours would cost (let alone inconvience) more than £11k difference

the last picture adds v little - it is too much in shadow (for 'having a sunny aspect) and the 5th one is better.

I don't believe pictures of everything should be published - our bathroom was one of the best rooms but no photo, and it gave something extra when a viewer came round.

No mention of NO ONWARD CHAIN (& it should be stated in capitals)

Does not look that great on the ad that there is no email address next to those words

Sometimes it is easy to overlook things that you are familiar with, and take for granted the selling points of your house.

THANK YOU!!!!

keep em coming!!!!

why is it that ive had more useful advicew from you lot on here inthe last hour than my naffin estate agent????
Old Oct 28th 2005, 4:17 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
why is it that ive had more useful advicew from you lot on here inthe last hour than my naffin estate agent????
don't they say the best things in life are free?
Old Oct 28th 2005, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

get rid of the zebra and take down all pictures........try and give anyone coming in a blank screen then they can have a vision of what they would do to it........some people just can't see past YOUR house......it does look good but everyones taste is not the same as yours....especially take down pictures of your family if there are any up.....good luck
Old Oct 28th 2005, 4:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by psb182
get rid of the zebra and take down all pictures........try and give anyone coming in a blank screen then they can have a vision of what they would do to it........some people just can't see past YOUR house......it does look good but everyones taste is not the same as yours....especially take down pictures of your family if there are any up.....good luck

i have taken down family pics. god i cant believe this - why dont agents tell you this stuff - jesus they are the ones taking 2%!!!!!

thanks for the advice
Old Oct 28th 2005, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

don't they say the best things in life are free?
Well I wouldn't quite have said free. There's bound to be a couple of beers in it for us!
Old Oct 28th 2005, 4:44 am
no longer searching

You have taken down the 'Faulty Towers' sign by the front door?

2% :scared: The most anyone quoted round here was 1.75% and that was too much
Old Oct 28th 2005, 5:15 am
Account Closed

You have taken down the 'Faulty Towers' sign by the front door?

2% :scared: The most anyone quoted round here was 1.75% and that was too much

our sign currently says Farty Towels!!

1.75%??? im starting to get depressed now - need alcohol
Old Oct 28th 2005, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

geary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to all

we paid our estate agents 1.25% and we found out today we've got be out in four weeks!!!aaarrrggghhh! have already started on the white wine!
Old Oct 28th 2005, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

I will cheer you up I am paying 5% :scared: :scared: .....most here are paying 6% WTF
Old Oct 28th 2005, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

geary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by psb182
I will cheer you up I am paying 5% :scared: :scared: .....most here are paying 6% WTF
where the hell do you live?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.