Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How is your house sale going Part III!!!!

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: Where are you at now???
No offers yet
33.33%
Rejected offer
11.11%
Accepted offer
31.75%
Reduced price
9.52%
Exchanged
4.76%
Sold and on our way
3.17%
Sold and moved into rented
3.17%
Cannot sell but we're going anyway!!
3.17%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

How is your house sale going Part III!!!!

Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:23 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How is your house sale going Part III!!!!

Originally Posted by Rooksie
yes mate - winner takes all!!!
but I presume you still have to pay for advertising and brochures with both agents? Our advertising fees are 1k already
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:28 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by possoms
but I presume you still have to pay for advertising and brochures with both agents? Our advertising fees are 1k already

no mate - no fees upfront whatsoever our original agent has increased his percentage from 1.75 to 2.25 because it is now dual agency but second corporate agent is doing it for a flat fee of £3,500 which aint bad at all.

we are going to go on with haarts because they are in town and have a wider audience but also keep on our local agent, john lake.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:32 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Same as Rooksie....no fees up front. I've never heard of that before.

We paid 1.25% but I did have to bargain hard.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:34 am

no mate - no fees upfront whatsoever our original agent has increased his percentage from 1.75 to 2.25 because it is now dual agency but second corporate agent is doing it for a flat fee of £3,500 which aint bad at all.

we are going to go on with haarts because they are in town and have a wider audience but also keep on our local agent, john lake.
Thats really good, when I sold my house there were no advertising fees the agent paid them, but out here its extortionate charge £220 a go to put in the paper.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The A Team

ruddy hell thats good!!!!
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:36 am
Account Closed

Thats really good, when I sold my house there were no advertising fees the agent paid them, but out here its extortionate charge £220 a go to put in the paper.

Jeeeeesh!!!!
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:36 am

No no fees up front, but if we dont sell or take it off the market or do sell!!! we have to pay the advertising and brochure fees.

I'm not talking about the comission thats 1%.

Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:38 am

Jeeeeesh!!!!
I know I think its disgusting all the agents are the same round here, no free advertising and they dont do accompanied viewings... in fact they dont do bugger all! apart from drive around in brand new mercs
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:39 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

we got second agent coming round tomorrow so we will then be on with 2 - original one in the village and a second corporate one in town. jeeeeesh
I was thinking of using two agents? Are you having to pay out a big percentage to the one who sells??

Rachel
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:40 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

ruddy hell thats good!!!!
Played them off against each other

Actually I can't complain about our agents they worked really hard for us, it was the bloody viewers that stressed me out

So many time wasters........
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:42 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Forget previous question..just found this one! DOH!

Wow seems like an okay deal actually!!

Thought it would be much more for dual agency?
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Welshie
I was thinking of using two agents? Are you having to pay out a big percentage to the one who sells??

Rachel

our original agent who is local to the village originally was charging us 1.75% we have been with them about 4 months and nothing doing so hubbie has decided to get in a corporate agent in town - haarts. they are going to charge us a flat fee of £3,500. our original agent is now going to increase his fee to 2.25% - im not overly worried about that to be honest and i actually dont think he will sell anyway cos he'd have done it by now!!

hopefully having a local agent well know in the village and also the corporate one in town will cover all angles - she says!!!
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:46 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Welshie
Forget previous question..just found this one! DOH!

Wow seems like an okay deal actually!!

Thought it would be much more for dual agency?

so did i which is why i have always shied away from it in the past - i thought you got hammered but appears not. fingers and toes crossed one of them pulls it off for us!!
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:47 am
Account Closed

Played them off against each other

Actually I can't complain about our agents they worked really hard for us, it was the bloody viewers that stressed me out

So many time wasters........

ahh yes and i will always remember our viewers from scotland ....... ****wits
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:55 am
cheeky tart

ahh yes and i will always remember our viewers from scotland ....... ****wits

I know!!!!! They hadn't even got their house on the market had they

You should get plenty of action from the new agents as they're usually really keen to give a good first impression.

Have you told them what you want them to say in the details?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.