Dieter's for OZ

Old Apr 2nd 2005, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

I agree with the drinking instead of eating. I think sometimes you just assume that you want food but probably it is only a drink. And as much as I hate water, it is filling!

Glad it is approaching summer because I am less likely to have my cups of tea where my weakness then is biscuits, but not just 1 or 2. I have started to drink orange squash recently.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 1:23 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ub40fan
This drinking is a really good tip, as long as it is low cal stuff you are drinking. I have been trying to be good and drink more water, but I do drink lots of diet lemonade too. Not drinking as much tea, as I do like a biscuit with my tea.

Also if I think I want to snack I go and find a ten minute job to do and promise myself if I still want it then I can have it. This morning I weeded my front garden, it is only small, but it took more than 10 mins, and when I finished hubby made me a cuppa and we sat in the sun (so I didn't have to go back in the house) so I didn't have a snack. If I don't snack I do appreciate my meals more.

We are going over to friends tonight and am tempted to take my own lemonade as I am not sure they will have diet stuff, both skinny so don't need to. Would it appear odd, they do know I am trying to lose weight so I think they will understand.

Anyway, I need to go and prepare tea now. Quorn cottage pie (free on green for those on slimming world) lovely but such a faff I only do it on a weekend. And i find if I do it after lunch I can be in the kitchen without wanting to eat. Strategies eh?

See ya's later, have a good day.

Shirley
Hi Shirley
Yup I drink low cal stuff like diet drinks and that new Shape water is also very nice - I have that with dinner most nights instead of milk (which I love) - unlike a lot of flavoured waters on the market just now (that are full of sugar) Shapes water is 0 cals and free on ww. I shouldn't drink as much diet fizzy juice thought because of the caffeine but its still 0 points on ww.

I can see nothing wrong with you taking your diet lemonade over - perfectly acceptable.

Lynn
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 2:07 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hooperhome
I agree with the drinking instead of eating. I think sometimes you just assume that you want food but probably it is only a drink. And as much as I hate water, it is filling!

Glad it is approaching summer because I am less likely to have my cups of tea where my weakness then is biscuits, but not just 1 or 2. I have started to drink orange squash recently.
I find it really interesting reading about everyones little favourites or habits. I never have biscuits with my tea, but then I don't have milk with it either which most people find disgusting. I think I got fat by not eating regular size meals or stopping when I'm full as i very rarely eat sweets/chocolates etc although I do like a bit of cake now and then.
I know my bad eating habits started when I was quite young. Mum was brilliant and only ever allowed us sweets and things on a Saturday night but when we used to go out for a meal I used to go wild. I would eat everything on my plate but then realise that I couldn't eat a pudding so would go to the toilet to make some room if you know what I mean. As I got older I did this with booze too, I would drink until I was sick and then drink some more. I stopped doing this many years ago thankfully or I don't think I'd have lived to tell the tale. On the food front, I no longer make myself sick to make more room but I still don't know when to stop and have come home from a meal feeling sick many times. Hopefully my body will beat my mind one day.
Try to have a good weekend everyone.
Sarah
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by teach
I find it really interesting reading about everyones little favourites or habits. I never have biscuits with my tea, but then I don't have milk with it either which most people find disgusting. I think I got fat by not eating regular size meals or stopping when I'm full as i very rarely eat sweets/chocolates etc although I do like a bit of cake now and then.
I know my bad eating habits started when I was quite young. Mum was brilliant and only ever allowed us sweets and things on a Saturday night but when we used to go out for a meal I used to go wild. I would eat everything on my plate but then realise that I couldn't eat a pudding so would go to the toilet to make some room if you know what I mean. As I got older I did this with booze too, I would drink until I was sick and then drink some more. I stopped doing this many years ago thankfully or I don't think I'd have lived to tell the tale. On the food front, I no longer make myself sick to make more room but I still don't know when to stop and have come home from a meal feeling sick many times. Hopefully my body will beat my mind one day.
Try to have a good weekend everyone.
Sarah
Now my history is something like this:- from being a baby I really didn't like eating and my mum would feed me mainly Heinz spaghetti as that was just about the only thing I would eat, very fussy. When I was about 5 or 6 I was taken to the doctors as by then I still just wasn't eating and was terribly thin. Mind you I would eat sweets or chocolate or cake or crisps!

At school in the infants everybody had school dinners and they put me on the table with the headmaster so he could keep an eye on me with my eating.

The doctors gave me 2 different medicines which were supposed to stimulate my appetite. My dad threatened me with going into hospital and having tubes up my nose to feed me. None of this worked. In the end the doctors just said I had a very small appetite and there was nothing they could do about it. Probably as I got older I would start to eat more.

When I got to about 8 or 9 I started to have a little more variety, eggs scrambled or omelette.

Now when I was 15 I met my husband. If I was at his house over the weekend his mum would put up an extra dinner for me. Well, I would probably eat a couple of roast potatoes and the yorkshire and I would be full up. I don't know if she felt insulted because I didn't eat much of her dinners but she really couldn't see how I could be full!

Once we got married, I was 22 and then started to be a bit more adventurous in the kitchen and over time have learned that food can be really quite nice.

The real problem started when I gave up smoking at 33. I seemed to give up the nicotine and then food took on a whole different meaning. Now whether that was because my taste buds returned or whether I am just an addictive type of person, I don't know.

I must admit I still don't eat a lot compared to a lot of other people but 10 times more than I used to. My problem is the picking and what I am picking on.

I would also say that over the last couple of years my intake of wine has escalated aswell.

Just out of interest, what do the rest of you drink in a week on average?
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 3:17 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Well, hooperhome, sorry to say but I drink alcohol on very few occasions. However, this did not used to be the case.

I left home and joined the army at 17 (and weighing 7 1/2 stone!). After a few weeks of basic training, running and marching, where i discovered my appetite, didn't eat much before this, I weighed more like 8 1/2. Some of it was muscle obviously and I was still quite small compared to some other, in fact I think I looked healthy rather than undernourished for the first time. apparently my mother used to worry that i didn't eat enough and that i lived only on jam sandwiches, but the doc old her I would eat if i was hungry and she left it at that.

Anyway I digress, I went to Catterick to do my trade training and made friends with a girl who was a couple of years older than me and who introduced me to the stuff called lager and black! I didn't look back. However, when she introduced me to vodka, lime and lemonade I was smitten to say the least. So after 6 months there I went to Germany for my first posting and discovered wine, German wine of course. I met my husband out there and we both would go out and get drunk and it wasn't a big deal because everyone does it. I was still slim though as I was very, very active. We had PE at least twice a week, and sports afternoons too.

When I became pregnant I had to leave the army, and I lost the baby at 20 weeks. I didn't wait to lose the weight I wanted to get pregnant as soon as I possibly could. I put on 4 stone. I did lose most of the weight, but by the time we decided on No2 I had put a stone of it back on. Again I gained 4 stone, but managed to lose all of it and more to get back to 8 1/2 stone for the first time in years by the time he was 2.

Then we decided that we would try one last time for a girl. I managed to only gain 2 1/2 stone, mainly because I was active and used to swim every day.

However, when she was 6 months old we came back to uk and suddenly I had 3 kids to look after, in a village, no car, husband working shifts miles away. I didn't gain any weight for a little while as I was busy trying to get my house sorted, walking kids to playgroup, school etc.

Hubby then got sent to Kosovo for 9 months, so I started to gain weight through stress and worry and boredom. Not only that I figured I couldn't really drink when I had three kids under 7 on my own. So I didn't drink for the time he was away. When he got back he was promoted and posted to NI. We decided that I would stay here with the kids as they were settled in school and we really didn't want to rent our house out to anyone. So 2 years passed and another unit in NI asked for him to be sent there, with promotion. So he did and I stayed here, he was back once a month for a long weekend, plus other leave at Christmas etc.

By this time I hadn't really drunk much for about 4 years. Then we decided to move to NI for his last year as we needed to be together. While there we went to a mess do and I was drinking white wine spritzers all night. The buffet was seafood, and when the next day I spent all day in bed feeling (and being) very ill I thought it was the food.

However, a couple of months later when we got together with old friends and I drank white wine again and was ill the whole next day I realised I really can't drink like I used to. Now I can't stand the smell of wine in a glass. I can still drink vodka or lager but not much and not often.

Steve left the army 2 years and since then I have put on 1 1/2 stone to that I had already gained by boredom eating while he was away. We encourage each other to be naughty (foodwise!) and so he has put weight on too.

He has said he will eat whatever I am, and so far he has been happy with the meals I have cooked him, but he is snacking more, but at least he tries to keep to fruit or low cal stuff.

Sorry this is a bit long, and apologies for it being boring.

Must go and put the oven on for tea.

Be strong girls

shirley
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 4:30 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Hooperhome,
When I first came home from uni my drinking got a bit out of control. I was so used to being with my mates and having a laugh drinking had become a habit so every shopping trip I would pile in the beer, wine and vodka. This was something I did for a few months. One day my mum notice that I was filling cupboards with booze again and asked me what had happened to the last lot. When I said I'd drunk it, she was worried more than angry. What had somehow slipped my notice was that I was living alone and was drinking alone, every night. She said it was a road to no where and made me promise to only drink in the house when I had visitors. Since this day I have kept my promise but also added a bit of my own. I hardly ever drink on work nights, if I do it's generally a pint down the pub with Andrew if we are having a meal. If I go out, now that's a different story all together, , I quite often still get falling down drunk.
Sarah
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 5:03 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Did someone rename this thread alcoholics anonymous while I was away?!

I rarely drink but I did give in to two double baileys last night (blame it on time of the month!) Also had a real attack of the snackies last night and had the first packet of crisps I can remember for months, a slice of marble cake and a jaffa cake ( I did manage to limit it to one though). Tried to put it all right by going to the gym this morning, rode 3km on the bike, ran 2km and rowed 1000m, followed by free weights etc. And have managed to eat only at meal times today. I am a bit of a traditionalist and nearly always do a Sunday roast - tomorrow it's beef, roast potatoes, yorkshire puds etc so I am not expecting a good weigh in on Monday BUT, YES LYNN! I WILL BE THERE!

Try and be strong the rest of the weekend folks! Easier said than done . . . .

Binbird
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello binbird

Yes it does look like Alcoholics Anonymous doesn't it. My reason for bringing up the alcohol consumption was because I have over the last couple of years started to drink more. I would say that I probably drink about 3 bottles of wine a week, mostly at home.

I would say that this contributes to my weight increase. However the Ediets that I am doing allows for 1 bottle a week. Therefore I need to stop drinking the other 2!
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

I am so p***ed off with myself it's unreal. I'm like a yo-yo !!

I've got down to 12 stone now 4 times and each time bounce right back to where I started - what's the matter with me ?

Good weight loss this week and, since then, I haven't stopped eating and have piled on 3 pounds. I just can't stop myself. Why can't I ever get below 12 stone ?

PS - I rarely drink - so giving that up won't help me. Have also been back at the gym this week after a month or so break. This might be the cause as it does make me hungrier, just have to stop eating.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 10:27 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ohippy
I am so p***ed off with myself it's unreal. I'm like a yo-yo !!

I've got down to 12 stone now 4 times and each time bounce right back to where I started - what's the matter with me ?

Good weight loss this week and, since then, I haven't stopped eating and have piled on 3 pounds. I just can't stop myself. Why can't I ever get below 12 stone ?

PS - I rarely drink - so giving that up won't help me. Have also been back at the gym this week after a month or so break. This might be the cause as it does make me hungrier, just have to stop eating.
I know exactly how you feel, I got down from 14st to 12st last year and that is where I stopped and let it all go, I am now 12st 8lb although I have come very near to 12st this year but then blow it all again and just cannot seem to get under that 12st mark.

I too dont drink much so that is not the problem, probably could do with more excersise but the culprit is food and the more I get depressed about my weight the more I eat. You sound like me as your capabilility to drop and put on very quickly, I have put on 10lb in a week before after a holiday.

If you come up with answer about why we do this, let me know
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 11:39 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Pull yourselves together girls. All I can suggest is drink lots of water - it really does fill you up. I also tell myself to make sure that I eat the 5 recommended portions of fruit and veg daily. An apple half an hour before a meal makes me eat less when the meal time itself actually comes around.

Stick at it - you'll achieve your goals in the end. . . . . (Think about baring those bodies on the beaches in OZ!)

Binbird
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello fellow Dieters for Oz

I must admit I really do feel that making my confessions on here are highlighting my weaknesses and also my real goals.

My aim this week is to start exercising. I used to be so active and now do not find the time. However from tomorrow hubby will be starting work at 6am on weekdays so I have decided to get up with him in the mornings and do my new fitness DVD. I have recently bought the Nell McAndrew Ultimate Challenge and have not tried it yet. There was a free DVD with it, a Stretch and Tone programme which I have done a couple of times but to be honest I found it too easy and just not challenging. I think I would be better attempting the harder programme because I know it will push me more.

Fingers crossed that I can stick to it, recommended 3 times a week. Also when I contacted Ediets Customer Services/Advice via email last week when I was having a 'bad' day, they suggested exercise. Not only should it help with the weight loss but also will buck me up mentally.

Of course I know they are right!
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 2:27 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with binbird, I keep trying to think of myself on the beach, or in a wetsuit (not a pretty thought at the moment) and I keep thinking of all the clothes I have in my wardrobe that I can't quite squeeze into omfortably yet. That keeps me going.

But not as much as the thought of posting on here when I lose weight, or if I gain. Knowing that there are like minded people out there who have ups and downs as much as I do helps a lot.

So far so good for me, but it has only been 5 days. The bad time for me will be next week as I am pre-menstrual and I always want chocolate, but I am hoping that if I write everything I eat down so I can see it it will put me off snacking.

Anyway better go and have another go at the ironing. After another glass of water!

Shirley
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 3:02 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by ub40fan
I agree with binbird, I keep trying to think of myself on the beach, or in a wetsuit (not a pretty thought at the moment) and I keep thinking of all the clothes I have in my wardrobe that I can't quite squeeze into omfortably yet. That keeps me going.

But not as much as the thought of posting on here when I lose weight, or if I gain. Knowing that there are like minded people out there who have ups and downs as much as I do helps a lot.

So far so good for me, but it has only been 5 days. The bad time for me will be next week as I am pre-menstrual and I always want chocolate, but I am hoping that if I write everything I eat down so I can see it it will put me off snacking.

Anyway better go and have another go at the ironing. After another glass of water!

Shirley
Hi Shirley,
Know what you mean about the westsuit. Not sure whether I should go and get mine out of the shed and see how I look this year. It was bought 2 years ago when I was bigger (looked like a whale then) maybe this year I might look like a seal, pmsl.
Good luck with the ironing and the glass of water.
Sarah
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 4:19 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Hello fellow Dieters for Oz

I must admit I really do feel that making my confessions on here are highlighting my weaknesses and also my real goals.

My aim this week is to start exercising. I used to be so active and now do not find the time. However from tomorrow hubby will be starting work at 6am on weekdays so I have decided to get up with him in the mornings and do my new fitness DVD. I have recently bought the Nell McAndrew Ultimate Challenge and have not tried it yet. There was a free DVD with it, a Stretch and Tone programme which I have done a couple of times but to be honest I found it too easy and just not challenging. I think I would be better attempting the harder programme because I know it will push me more.

Fingers crossed that I can stick to it, recommended 3 times a week. Also when I contacted Ediets Customer Services/Advice via email last week when I was having a 'bad' day, they suggested exercise. Not only should it help with the weight loss but also will buck me up mentally.

Of course I know they are right!
Don't know how fit you are but Nell McAndrew Ultimate challenge really is the ultimate challenge! - its such a hard workout - there are opt out points though which is good - it really will work for you

Lynn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.