Dieter's for OZ

Old Apr 5th 2005, 8:29 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Hello and good morning to all out there.

Hey hooperhome, well done. I agree that having everyone out there makes a difference.

Sarah, fingers crossed for tomorrow. Chippy have a good time at Butlins, enjoy yourself.

Lace - I would say enjoy yourself on the treadmill, but perhaps enjoy is not the right word. I was hoping to go back to the gym today, but period pains are too bad today, so tomorrow is my plan.

Well, the good news is I have lost 4lbs!!!!! Yeehah. Bad news is my kids go back to school today and I am left on my own. However, I have compiled a list of "interesting" activities to try and keep my hand out of the biscuit barrel.

Starting with painting the bathroom windowsill, and finishing with filling in some forms I should have done weeks ago. All 10 - 15 minute jobs, apart from the shopping for next weeks menu, but all essential and stuff you can't do when you have 3 kids bickering in the background.

Anyway, off to make a start. It's weeks since I was up this early and I am not sure I like it!

Have a good day everyone.

Oh nearly forgot Binbird Chicken Tikka masala is relatively low in the fat and calories apparently. Think it is because it is not cooked in sauce! Couldn't swear to it though. Mind you if you crave a korma, it may not do the trick, thing is i like the sauce better than the meat half the time.

See ya's later

Shirley
Woohoo, well done Shirley. Wow your kids have gone back early. Those poor teachers, it makes the summer term very long and the kids will hate it because they will be stuck in doors with the sun outside.

Binbird, enjoy your indian. I had indian on Friday, followed Gi Diets suggestions and had an amazing meal. In fact, probably due to the fact I didn't stuff myself, it's the first indian I have really enjoyed for a while.
I had: Plain Naan bread, vegetable bhaji and aloo channa (2 side dishes instead of main meal).
Whatever you decide to have, just enjoy it.
Sarah
Old Apr 5th 2005, 8:42 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teach
Woohoo, well done Shirley. Wow your kids have gone back early. Those poor teachers, it makes the summer term very long and the kids will hate it because they will be stuck in doors with the sun outside.

Binbird, enjoy your indian. I had indian on Friday, followed Gi Diets suggestions and had an amazing meal. In fact, probably due to the fact I didn't stuff myself, it's the first indian I have really enjoyed for a while.
I had: Plain Naan bread, vegetable bhaji and aloo channa (2 side dishes instead of main meal).
Whatever you decide to have, just enjoy it.
Sarah
They broke up early, they finished on the 18th March so have been off for 2 weeks now. I live in Northants (just) and on the other side of the border (Bucks) Milton Keynes schools don't go back till next Monday, but they didn't break up till the 24th. So it's ok, I have done my pennance!!

I love em really, well not the teenager so much, especially after I went in his bedroom to open the window! Not nice.

Oh well, going to paint a wall, only one as I am pacing myself.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 9:18 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Sent you some karma to help. Just take a deep breath and take it one day at a time. There are some good ideas on here, writing everything down that you eat or drink (can be quite frightening), drinking more water, eating fruit, I also have a small tin of mints ozone or something similar - they are sugar free, tiny and strong ish, but you dont feel like eating or drinking for a little while after one. How about visualising yourself on the beach, for me it is the thought of a wet-suit as I have promised myself a try-dive if I lose 2 stone. I really, really, really want to do that.

You will find the way that works for you, when you do it will make it easier to stick to. You can do it mandi248, you know you can.

Shirley
Thanks Shirley, have done well so far, I've had bran flakes with skimmed milk and some toast (the low Gi type, with soya and linseed) with weight watchers spread on, and a coffee with skimmed milk, have got lots of fruit in so will have to pick on that if I get peckish. Haven't got any of those ozone mints but have got some tic tacs, do you think they'll do the same thing?
I've done it before (twice!) I can do it again, thanks for karma, hope it works
Mandi
Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:52 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello and good morning to all out there.

Hey hooperhome, well done. I agree that having everyone out there makes a difference.

Sarah, fingers crossed for tomorrow. Chippy have a good time at Butlins, enjoy yourself.

Lace - I would say enjoy yourself on the treadmill, but perhaps enjoy is not the right word. I was hoping to go back to the gym today, but period pains are too bad today, so tomorrow is my plan.

Well, the good news is I have lost 4lbs!!!!! Yeehah. Bad news is my kids go back to school today and I am left on my own. However, I have compiled a list of "interesting" activities to try and keep my hand out of the biscuit barrel.

Starting with painting the bathroom windowsill, and finishing with filling in some forms I should have done weeks ago. All 10 - 15 minute jobs, apart from the shopping for next weeks menu, but all essential and stuff you can't do when you have 3 kids bickering in the background.

Anyway, off to make a start. It's weeks since I was up this early and I am not sure I like it!

Have a good day everyone.

Oh nearly forgot Binbird Chicken Tikka masala is relatively low in the fat and calories apparently. Think it is because it is not cooked in sauce! Couldn't swear to it though. Mind you if you crave a korma, it may not do the trick, thing is i like the sauce better than the meat half the time.

See ya's later

Shirley
Shirley its Chicken Tikka that is lower in fat, (if you have it dry with no sauce.) Chicken tikka MASALA is the cream/ tomato sauce that comes with the dry chicken tikka pieces - there is always a catch - diets recommend plain ckn tikka or tandoori ckn as there is no fattening sauce with salad or plain boiled rice.

Sorry to b the bearer of bad news!!!

Lynn
Old Apr 5th 2005, 11:26 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Shirley its Chicken Tikka that is lower in fat, (if you have it dry with no sauce.) Chicken tikka MASALA is the cream/ tomato sauce that comes with the dry chicken tikka pieces - there is always a catch - diets recommend plain ckn tikka or tandoori ckn as there is no fattening sauce with salad or plain boiled rice.

Sorry to b the bearer of bad news!!!

Lynn
No worries lynn, thanks for that. Could've put people on the wrong track, sorry guys.

However I do have a recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala from Slimming World that is free on both green and original days. It is free because instead of cream you make it with very low fat natural fromage frais.

I think I have had it before, can't remember though. Will give it a try soon and let you know if it is worth the effort! Pity I havent got one for a korma.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by mandi248
Everyone seems to be doing so well, can you rub it off onto me, I keep trying to get on the wagon but I just fall straight off again Think I'm going to have to give up the red wine for a while, I can't just stick to the one glass, I end up having half the bottle then nibbling on snacks, I then wake in the morning ravenous which lasts all day, help :scared:
My agent has sent me the details I need for the main application and that hasn't even given me the kick I need, any ideas???
mandi x
Mandi

I have sent you karma, you can get back on the wagon tomorrow. Just try to think positive.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 11:53 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Mandi

I have sent you karma, you can get back on the wagon tomorrow. Just try to think positive.
Awww thanks
Haven't picked yet today, but do feel rotten, been to the Drs and have got infected sinuses! so am now on antibiotics and a steriod spray (can you put weight on with one of those??) just about to have some lunch, have made a wrap with chicken, homemade houmous and lots of salad, got the recipe out of my low Gi recipe book, hope I can keep it up, the evenings are the worst :scared:
Old Apr 5th 2005, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Awww thanks
Haven't picked yet today, but do feel rotten, been to the Drs and have got infected sinuses! so am now on antibiotics and a steriod spray (can you put weight on with one of those??) just about to have some lunch, have made a wrap with chicken, homemade houmous and lots of salad, got the recipe out of my low Gi recipe book, hope I can keep it up, the evenings are the worst :scared:
There you go Mandi, that's probably why you have been struggling. When you're not feeling too well it is harder to stick to the diet. Hopefully those anti-biotics will take effect soon and you will feel much better.

Theresa
Old Apr 5th 2005, 12:08 pm
nursey

There you go Mandi, that's probably why you have been struggling. When you're not feeling too well it is harder to stick to the diet. Hopefully those anti-biotics will take effect soon and you will feel much better.

Theresa
Yeah, I suppose it does make sense, and hopefully I'll start to feel better in a day or 2, actually knowing that I'm not well seems to have had a positive effect and stopped me picking, or it could just have been the karma I've received
Thanks Theresa
Mandi x
Old Apr 5th 2005, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

We have got our chest xrays on Saturday morning, things are getting a little close now. Therefore I really have to knuckle down to shift the weight that I want to.

Theresa
Old Apr 5th 2005, 12:26 pm
nursey

We have got our chest xrays on Saturday morning, things are getting a little close now. Therefore I really have to knuckle down to shift the weight that I want to.

Theresa
Good luck with the x-rays, when are your medicals then? all that seems such a long way a way for me, but at least it gives me that little bit of extra time to lose a few more lbs!! see i can do positive
Mandi
Old Apr 5th 2005, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good luck with the x-rays, when are your medicals then? all that seems such a long way a way for me, but at least it gives me that little bit of extra time to lose a few more lbs!! see i can do positive
Mandi

We have got medicals 2 weeks on Monday, 20 something of April.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 12:36 pm
nursey

We have got medicals 2 weeks on Monday, 20 something of April.
Tried to send you some karma but must have sent you some recently as I have to spread it around before giving to you again so I'll send you my "positive" thoughts for now and I'm sure that your medicals will be fine.
Hope they go well, must be getting a little scary as it's so close now, although scary would be quite good now
Old Apr 5th 2005, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tried to send you some karma but must have sent you some recently as I have to spread it around before giving to you again so I'll send you my "positive" thoughts for now and I'm sure that your medicals will be fine.
Hope they go well, must be getting a little scary as it's so close now, although scary would be quite good now

Well thank you for your positive thoughts Mandi. Yes, I am sure that everything will be fine. My weight won't / shouldn't be a problem for the medical. I am losing the weight for me and Australia that beckons !
Old Apr 5th 2005, 1:12 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the tips on which curry is going to damage the diet the least! I had a curry while I was in Ireland and usually go for a peshwari nan with it but I decided to try a cheese one for a change. It was so greasy and slimey that I had one bite and left the rest! That experience has put me off nan for a while so it'll be just a chicken something-or-other and a bit of boiled rice for me. Does anyone know if the pilau rice is loaded with far more calories than the boiled rice as I would prefer this really?

Binbird

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.