Wikiposts

Dieter's for OZ

Old Apr 6th 2005, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
That DVD left me very shaky and unable to sit down for a week without an aggghhhhh, let me know how you feel tomorrow.
Well done with the weight loss!!!
Chattyshazza

I have never known a workout with so much squats !!! I don't think I will be able to sit down tomorrow. How did you do with that DVD, should I be doing workout 1 and then bail out at first point and then go further next time. Any advice welcome.
Thanks, Theresa
Old Apr 6th 2005, 3:38 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Chattyshazza

I have never known a workout with so much squats !!! I don't think I will be able to sit down tomorrow. How did you do with that DVD, should I be doing workout 1 and then bail out at first point and then go further next time. Any advice welcome.
Thanks, Theresa
The squats and weight excercises are brill, but total agony!!!!!

I bailed out after the 1st cardio section and went on to the arm weights etc. section. Have only done mine once but intend to take it back up again soon. All this visa stress really is having an adverse effect on me with regards to my diet and excercise - I tend to eat when i'm stressed.

Also been managing 2 practice caseloads on my own due to people being off sick for whole week - stresscity!

Lynn
Old Apr 6th 2005, 3:43 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
The squats and weight excercises are brill, but total agony!!!!!

I bailed out after the 1st cardio section and went on to the arm weights etc. section. Have only done mine once but intend to take it back up again soon. All this visa stress really is having an adverse effect on me with regards to my diet and excercise - I tend to eat when i'm stressed.

Also been managing 2 practice caseloads on my own due to people being off sick for whole week - stresscity!

Lynn

Sorry you're having a hard time at work at the mo Lynn. If you have to snack to deal with the stress don't worry Coz I know you are strong enough to get back on track as soon as the pressure eases.

Binbird (off to the gym. . . .!)
Old Apr 6th 2005, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by binbird
Sorry you're having a hard time at work at the mo Lynn. If you have to snack to deal with the stress don't worry Coz I know you are strong enough to get back on track as soon as the pressure eases.

Binbird (off to the gym. . . .!)
Thanks for your support Binbird, its 9 weeks tomorrow since visa application went in and meds on there way just now - the Dr was meant to send them (unrequested) 2 months ago but I found out that they have sat on Dr's desk for 2 months - still haven't had an official med request but I prob wouldn't have anyway as i'd put a note in with visa application saying meds would be following within 2 weeks! The 1st I knew about it was when DIMIA replied to my enquiry as to whether meds had been recieved - when I checked up with Dr I found out they had never been sent!!!!!

Anyway they are on there way now and hopfully when they will arrive it might set the ball rolling with our application - just starting to feel the stress though incase for some reason or another we don't get the visa.
Work isn't helping either - just complete lack of support from collegues and feeling disheartened and unappreciated. Listen to me what a picture of doom and gloom Its not even as if my pay is good - maybe in this election they should concentrate on paying nurses a decent wage more in line with what Dr's get paid - afterall we do all their dirty work anyway!!!!!

My collegue on the practice resumes from off sick tomorrow and we are also getting a locum nurse so should feel a drop in pressure tomorrow.
Anyway off to buy some choc pudding to have with Smartie icecream, and then watch my fav TV progs - you are what you eat, 10 years younger and Desperate housewifes!!!!!!!!!

Lynn xxx
promise to get back on track soon!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 5:26 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your support Binbird, its 9 weeks tomorrow since visa application went in and meds on there way just now - the Dr was meant to send them (unrequested) 2 months ago but I found out that they have sat on Dr's desk for 2 months - still haven't had an official med request but I prob wouldn't have anyway as i'd put a note in with visa application saying meds would be following within 2 weeks! The 1st I knew about it was when DIMIA replied to my enquiry as to whether meds had been recieved - when I checked up with Dr I found out they had never been sent!!!!!

Anyway they are on there way now and hopfully when they will arrive it might set the ball rolling with our application - just starting to feel the stress though incase for some reason or another we don't get the visa.
Work isn't helping either - just complete lack of support from collegues and feeling disheartened and unappreciated. Listen to me what a picture of doom and gloom Its not even as if my pay is good - maybe in this election they should concentrate on paying nurses a decent wage more in line with what Dr's get paid - afterall we do all their dirty work anyway!!!!!

My collegue on the practice resumes from off sick tomorrow and we are also getting a locum nurse so should feel a drop in pressure tomorrow.
Anyway off to buy some choc pudding to have with Smartie icecream, and then watch my fav TV progs - you are what you eat, 10 years younger and Desperate housewifes!!!!!!!!!

Lynn xxx
There is no wonder you are feeling stressed! You enjoy the choc pudding and the ice cream, a little bit of what you fancy does you good apparently. Do you think Ali McCoist(?) or Clive Owen would oblige? No, me neither. Ah well, we all need dreams.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by ub40fan
There is no wonder you are feeling stressed! You enjoy the choc pudding and the ice cream, a little bit of what you fancy does you good apparently. Do you think Ali McCoist(?) or Clive Owen would oblige? No, me neither. Ah well, we all need dreams.
What about a big amount of what I fancy!!!!!!!

Ali McCoist's getting on a bit now is he not!!!??? Fancied him when he played for Rangers though!!!!

Lynn
Old Apr 6th 2005, 5:53 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

What about a big amount of what I fancy!!!!!!!

Ali McCoist's getting on a bit now is he not!!!??? Fancied him when he played for Rangers though!!!!

Lynn
Funny that - Ali McCoist used to do it for me too! Question of Sport viewing, keeping hubby company whilst oggling Ali at the same time! Probably his accent and cheeky grin that did it for me!

So, if he's getting on a bit who else tickles your fancy (apart from your DH of course!)

I'm back from the gym as you can see and ready for silly conversations to help me forget about my aching mouth and help anyone else forget about raiding the fridge! lol

Binbird
Old Apr 6th 2005, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Lynn xxx

Hi Lynn

Chest x-rays on Saturday, do they take long? And also medicals, what do they do, are they quite basic. The surgery told me they book half an hour per person!

Hope you have a better day today. I agree, pay-rises to the nurses.

Theresa
Old Apr 6th 2005, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ub40fan
I think you are right...if you start a diet, or healthy eating plan, it would not motivate me to think that you are giving up everything that you like for the rest of your life. That sounds like a prison sentence.

Theresa
Old Apr 6th 2005, 6:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Mandi hope you are feeling better soon. I am sorry that I haven't been on girls I have loads of work to do for Uni and it is killing me. I may be able to finish this course in Hairdresseing sooner though so that is a bonus. Didn't got to weight watchers yesterday. Well I did go but they wen'r set up and I am surprise decorating for my mum who is 75 and on holiday. So I stood there and stood there and said will youo be ready soon, oh in about half an hour love so I couldn't ait had son in car. Have done ok though only had 57 popints yesterday lol lol. No! Really I did. I am only allowed 24. But.............. I did paint and I worked hard. I had to have chippy and everything cos my mum had nowt in to eat. lol

Hey good luck on the medicals as well go get em girl. So......................
I am being very good today honest.
I am working at my mums again though but only tidying up.
Help me!
Lace lol
Old Apr 6th 2005, 6:53 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lacey21
Mandi hope you are feeling better soon. I am sorry that I haven't been on girls I have loads of work to do for Uni and it is killing me. I may be able to finish this course in Hairdresseing sooner though so that is a bonus. Didn't got to weight watchers yesterday. Well I did go but they wen'r set up and I am surprise decorating for my mum who is 75 and on holiday. So I stood there and stood there and said will youo be ready soon, oh in about half an hour love so I couldn't ait had son in car. Have done ok though only had 57 popints yesterday lol lol. No! Really I did. I am only allowed 24. But.............. I did paint and I worked hard. I had to have chippy and everything cos my mum had nowt in to eat. lol

Hey good luck on the medicals as well go get em girl. So......................
I am being very good today honest.
I am working at my mums again though but only tidying up.
Help me!
Lace lol
Well I hope they aren't going to have the nerve to charge you considering they weren't set up at correct time.
Sarah
Old Apr 6th 2005, 6:59 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hello Sarah
They charged me first consultation fee today with a small test £20 which is refundable at first session. First session is booked in a couple of weeks and they charge £60 a time. What have you been quoted?

It's going to total around £300 but my bikini line is a nuisance. Therefore I really needed something with permanent results. Also while I had my test she did say that it might make me jump, a little painful. Actually I said it wasn't that bad. She was quite impressed as obviously if you have a good pain threshold you can turn the machine up higher therefore should be more effective.

Theresa
Flippin 'eck, £60 a go, that's cheap. I have been quoted £100 a session. She said it would probably take 7-10 session, not because I'm that hairy but because a lot of the hair is quite fair. My argument is that its dark enough for me to want to get rid of it, but they still say 7-10 session,
Definitely something I want in the future, Andrew says to shave like everyone else. He can p**s off. Never shaved in my life, well once or twice and suffered for well over a week. NEVER AGAIN!!!
Ah well, guess I'll have to wait until we get to Oz. Want my eyes done first.
Sarah
Old Apr 6th 2005, 8:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Eh!
have I missed something about hairy people here lol
lace
Old Apr 6th 2005, 8:58 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

Shed hair, shed weight - skinheads all round!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 9:49 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

I think you are right...if you start a diet, or healthy eating plan, it would not motivate me to think that you are giving up everything that you like for the rest of your life. That sounds like a prison sentence.

Theresa
If you give up everything, and it is banned forever, you will only want it more. I have orange and mint KitKats in my fridge that have been there a few weeks now, I know I can have one if I want as long as I write it down. But I don't want one. If they weren't there I would be off to the shop for chocolate and wouldn't want to stop.

I keep telling myself that I am eating healthily and not eating rubbish because it is better for my health. My paternal grandmother died of bowel cancer, 3 years ago my father (one of 10 children) was diagnosed with bowel cancer, he had an operation and is currently ok. But as this type of cancer can run in families it does worry me that if I don't change my eating habits then I could be in line for it. He has also recently been diagnosed with late onset diabetes.

I also have a medical condition that, although it doesn't affect my health as such, does affect my joints. When I was younger I was double jointed, and over the years my ligaments have stretched so they don't do their job as well as they should. I have hyper-mobility. I only discovered it when my fingers started locking in place during my massage course. My knee gives way on occassion, I can't walk for long on some surfaces because my hip gives me some real pain and if I move my shoulder wrongly it can pop out of the socket.

Having said all that most of the time I am ok, but the doctor advised me that I should go to the gym to build up the muscles so they can do the work of the ligaments. Now that I have made a start on the healthy eating and seem to be doing ok I am going to make an extra effort to go to the gym next week. If I can get into a routine I am sure I can keep going.

Anyway, enough waffle, I am going to paint the stairs now! Well the walls anyway. Hope you all have a good productive day.

See ya's later.

Shirley

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.