Wikiposts

Dieter's for OZ

Old Apr 5th 2005, 8:10 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Yes welcome fabie, more the merrier
Well ladies I feel so much better this morning and a lot more positive, I managed not to pick at all yesterday and only had 2 glasses of wine last night! I let my husband have more he's one of these people who can eat anything and not put on an ounze!! anyway I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU for the support and karma yesterday, it seems to have done the trick to get me back on that wagon and actually stay on it!
Good wishes and thoughts to you all, going to go now and have a bowl of porridge for breakfast
Hugs
Mandi x
Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:22 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to you Fabie, you will find the support you need on here, I have.

Binbird, it was probably just an unconcious thought, it looked bright and inviting and particularly nice. That's why they make them like that, to get us in a moment when we aren't concentrating!!! It's a conspiracy. One small aberration won't hurt, you'll be fine. Have a good workout at the gym later!

Mandi248 are you feeling any better yet? Is the medication working? Well done for getting back on track - have a good day today.

Hooperhome - Wow that's an awful lot of exercise to start the day with. Well done for being so motivated. if you feel yourself starting to stiffen later, you could try some Clary Sage in a bath as it is very good as a muscle relaxant. 4 1/4 pounds is a brilliant to lose, next week you'll be under the 10 stone mark.

Teach - well done on your inch loss, and remember if you weighed after eating that could add a couple of pounds as can clothing. So just get weighed at the same time next week, wearing the same (if anything) that will be a true indicator.

Lace - thanks I had a good day yesterday and I really am set on keeping it going this time.

Lynn I may try your recipe later in the week - Pilau rice looks very nice.

So far today has been really good. Hubby has had the last two essential references he needs to send his application off to the ACS for skills assessment. It should be in the post in the next week. He is just going through it reviewing it, he's being a bit critical as he want's it to be perfect.

Also my daughters passport came this morning, only one more child passport to send off for now, and then we need new ones. By the time we get an answer from the ACS the Visa applicaion form should be ready to send off.

I know it will take a little while, but I need lots of time to get organised. There is a lot of work to do in the house and as Steve works 12 hour days the only time he can do stuff is weekends.

Today i am going to sit on the sofa and do some x stitch as i am in too much (period) pain to be climbing up ladders and painting walls, and moving furniture about, which is what I planned to do. Oh well, I fel a nice cup of tea coming on. I think I am feeling determined enough to avoid snacking, I bought lots of nice fruit earlier so I might make a fruit salad!

Have a good day all.

Shirley
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Thanks you all for this wonderful welcome!!! I have to catch up on this thread and undestand the who is who and @ what stage!!! my boss is not in this afternoon, might have a bit of time...

out of the blue: what has helped me a lot while doing weight watchers

- definitly going to the meetings and actively participating, it was like my weekly party!!!
- drinking loads of water
- walking 30 min before work every day (i have a bad back so im really restricted with sports but walking helped HEAPS!!!)
- INCIDENTAL EXERCISE: bit of exercise here and there eg: walking up the stairs insead of lift (even if only one floor), parking your car just a bit further, not taking a trolley in the supermarket but carring things yourself (you will buy less as well)
- keeping my WW points diary and crossing out every time I used points
- telling everyone I was on WW so they were aware
- joining the Weight Watchers online forum
- measuring instead of weighing all the time, cm or inches do really magically disappear!!!!

Voila, ill catch up with all your posts now!!!!

Keep on the good work!

fabie
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by mandi248
Yes welcome fabie, more the merrier
Well ladies I feel so much better this morning and a lot more positive, I managed not to pick at all yesterday and only had 2 glasses of wine last night! I let my husband have more he's one of these people who can eat anything and not put on an ounze!! anyway I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU for the support and karma yesterday, it seems to have done the trick to get me back on that wagon and actually stay on it!
Good wishes and thoughts to you all, going to go now and have a bowl of porridge for breakfast
Hugs
Mandi x
Mandi

Glad to see you are feeling better today.

Theresa
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by teach
I don't want to be your legs after doing all that exercise this morning.
Sarah

Sarah

Neither do I !!! My legs are getting heavier by the hour.
Well done on the inch loss, that's brilliant.

Theresa
Old Apr 6th 2005, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Binbird

Hope you get your curry, I can see you were looking forward to it.

Theresa
Old Apr 6th 2005, 2:08 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Binbird

Hope you get your curry, I can see you were looking forward to it.

Theresa
I was looking forward to it Theresa, you're right! And the babysitter was organised too, but circumstances are ganging up on us! Firstly, hubby's cold and secondly I have got a sore mouth. It's not a mouth ulcer and it's not tooth ache but it does limit what passes my lips in much the same way as either of the two aforementioned afflictions so probably no curry tonight, more likely soup if anything and a trip to the docs tomorrow. (But I'll make sure I get a rain check for that curry!)

I do feel ok for the gym though so let's see if I can stick to that plan. . . .

Binbird
Old Apr 6th 2005, 2:11 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Theresa and Shirley, I am feeling heaps better, thanks to the antibiotics have been into town with my girls today, we went to a nice cafe and I chose a turkey sandwich (on granary bread) with a nice salad, I did have some pudding but it was a very small piece, and I've had nothing else naughty today and don't plan to either so I felt like I'd deserved the treat and I'm not feeling guilty about it at all, there was a time when I would've felt guilty and thought "oh well I've blown it now I may as well have that extra chocolate bar" but I don't feel like that so I don't feel like cheating. Hope that makes sense.
Mandi x
Old Apr 6th 2005, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi there Shirley

Yes I will be soaking in the bath later, the exercise is now having after-effects.

It's good to get the skills assessment out of the way, that seems to be the hardest part of the visa application (based on our experience and others comments). Good luck with that.

Theresa
Old Apr 6th 2005, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

I have been very good today, started with the workout at 6am, porridge for breakfast, chicken salad sandwich for lunch.

And I might add today and yesterday were so stressful...work that is. We run our own business, it is up for sale and I can't wait for it to sell. The whole emigration process is stressful enough on its own. Anyway the point I was making is....previously I would grab a chocolate snack bar from the fridge or buy a bottle of wine for later. But I have not succumbed to my desires. Can't believe it.

I am saving my wine intake for Saturday night, it's the Skittles 'do' at a Greek restaurant.

Today I did something for myself towards my future in Oz. I went to the Beauty Clinic to have treatment on bikini line .... for my new bikini body.
It's some sort of laser treatment, takes about 5 months to complete but it is permanent. It's just 1 less thing to worry about.

Theresa
Old Apr 6th 2005, 2:35 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

I have been very good today, started with the workout at 6am, porridge for breakfast, chicken salad sandwich for lunch.

And I might add today and yesterday were so stressful...work that is. We run our own business, it is up for sale and I can't wait for it to sell. The whole emigration process is stressful enough on its own. Anyway the point I was making is....previously I would grab a chocolate snack bar from the fridge or buy a bottle of wine for later. But I have not succumbed to my desires. Can't believe it.

I am saving my wine intake for Saturday night, it's the Skittles 'do' at a Greek restaurant.

Today I did something for myself towards my future in Oz. I went to the Beauty Clinic to have treatment on bikini line .... for my new bikini body.
It's some sort of laser treatment, takes about 5 months to complete but it is permanent. It's just 1 less thing to worry about.

Theresa
, good on you for not drinking and eating.
I want that laser treatment done, but too expensive here. There was a thread about it a while back and someone said it was cheaper in Oz so until then I'm still get a wax.
We are off for the weekend in two weeks so will book for all hairy bits to be done a few days before we go.
I always epilate at home but have decided that I should be pampered every now and then.
Out of curiosity how much are they going to charge you for treatment? Also because I'm very fair, was told that the effect wouldn't be as good and may have to have even more treatments to zap it all. Have you heard this?
Sarah
Old Apr 6th 2005, 2:46 am
BE Enthusiast

I want that laser treatment done, but too expensive here. There was a thread about it a while back and someone said it was cheaper in Oz so until then I'm still get a wax.
We are off for the weekend in two weeks so will book for all hairy bits to be done a few days before we go.
I always epilate at home but have decided that I should be pampered every now and then.
Out of curiosity how much are they going to charge you for treatment? Also because I'm very fair, was told that the effect wouldn't be as good and may have to have even more treatments to zap it all. Have you heard this?
Sarah
Hello Sarah
They charged me first consultation fee today with a small test £20 which is refundable at first session. First session is booked in a couple of weeks and they charge £60 a time. What have you been quoted?

It's going to total around £300 but my bikini line is a nuisance. Therefore I really needed something with permanent results. Also while I had my test she did say that it might make me jump, a little painful. Actually I said it wasn't that bad. She was quite impressed as obviously if you have a good pain threshold you can turn the machine up higher therefore should be more effective.

Theresa
Old Apr 6th 2005, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Sarah
Sorry Sarah, I didn't answer you fully then. She did say that the darker the hair, the better. The laser picks out black much easier than white. A bit like the sun - black attracts and white reflects. Some truth in it then.

Theresa
Old Apr 6th 2005, 2:59 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Having given birth to three children on just gas and air I reckon my pain threshold makes me a prime candidate for this laser treatment! It's just the thought of it that deters me - let me have another baby any day! Don't tell the hubby though - he's had the chop!

My mouth still hurts. . . . . (No that's not relevant to childbirth or laser treatment - I just thought I'd mention it!)

Binbird
Old Apr 6th 2005, 3:07 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well today is my official weigh-in.........................

I have lost 4 and a quarter pounds in a week. Actually same as yesterday, a little disappointed because now I am standing at 11 stone and a quarter.

I really wanted to be 10 stone something. Never mind, I am not going to let it get me down but will persevere because next week I am sure to achieve it.

I have just completed the Nell McAndrew Ultimate Challenge DVD. Phew ! Well I wanted something challenging, and I got it. However because I was too impatient and didn't listen at the beginning I didn't absorb how the challenge works. There are points during the workout where you can 'bail out' and go straight to the floor exercises.

Me, impatient me did Workout1, Workout 2 and was just about to start Workout 3 when I realised something didn't seem right. Surely I shouldn't be doing all this. So I then stopped and did the extras at the end which is a bit of floor and cool down.

Basically I have not done the workout as I probably will in the future but saying that have sweated a lot this morning and most importantly have now started to exercise. I plan to do this Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings early.

PS - I am just about to jump in shower but do feel a little bit shaky. I just know I will be so achy tomorrow!
That DVD left me very shaky and unable to sit down for a week without an aggghhhhh, let me know how you feel tomorrow.
Well done with the weight loss!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.