Dieter's for OZ

Old May 22nd 2005, 7:50 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Originally Posted by ohippy
Oh Binbird - so glad everythings going so well for you, I can't wait to be in your position with it all being so close.

Hubby is having second thoughts and is worried about the finances as I want to not work, I think I've talked him round but we'll have to wait and see. If not, I don't know what I'll do.
A lot of things do seem to be falling into place for us (at last!) but I do have to confess to being worried about the finances. Ideally I would like to train as a midwife when we get to Australia so that is money going out on course fees rather than coming in. Hubby wants to have a career change but he hasn't a clue what he fancies doing so where any money is going to materialise from in the early days is a bit of a worry (and my pockets aren't bulging!)

Our youngest won't be due to start school until January in Australia so I could be looking after her initially as the midwifery course (if I get accepted on it) doesn't start until March but then I'll be on shifts almost immediately so need hubby around then. Having said that, the in-laws are half way plus to getting their retirement visas but they still have their house to sell, but it is feasible that they could be out with us by March and help with the childcare situation then.

So you see, it looks like we are making progress but there are still so many questions remaining to be answered. And one thing I would like to know is - why have I been such a pig today?! I ate potatoes with my lunch which I usually avoid and I had cream on my raspberries and I usually have low fat yoghurt and if I listed all the naughties I have nibbled on today there would be no room left on this thread for anyone else's contributions! Hey ho - tomorrow's another day! And I know that a morning visit to the gym sets me up for a good day. . . . .

So you see, ohippy, it's just one thing after another and when we get there I know it will be the same again to start with, I am just keeping positive that it will be worth it. . . .

Binbird
Old May 22nd 2005, 7:56 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya Ladies,
Well done those who have stuck at it and lost. I've just had my 2 days of eating what I like then tomorrow back to the mayo diet. Only lost 1lb in 12 days so far, I know a loss is better than none at all but I'm not sure this one is going to work for me. I get full up very easily so then am hungry very quickly. In fact the last 3-4 days following diet I've been so hungry I've felt sick. Not a good sign.
Thinking about Chinese Herbalist or acupuncture next. Not been down this route yet. Have been told that if your body is out of sorts with itself, no amount of dieting will help you lose weight. Exercise will obviously tone you but any losses will be very slow. I will let you know how I get on. Am also going into work for a meeting with head tomorrow, first time through the door since February, not looking forward to it. I am so going to enjoy handing in my notice when exchange on house is done.
Good luck to everyone weighing in tomorrow.
Love and hugs
Sarah.

Ohippy, sorry I got you and Lace mixed up earlier. It's Lace doing dissertation not you. Wow it is so hard to keep track of everyone.
Old May 22nd 2005, 8:01 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sarah

You know we'll all be thinking of you tomorrow when you go to see the Head. Just try and keep a big grin fixed on your face thinking ahead to the day that you hand your notice in. Remind us, when do you hope to exchange on your house? Is that the guiding factor for when you will do the aforementioned deed?!

Hope you enjoyed your 2 days off and manage to get back on your mayo diet wagon successfully tomorrow. But I think you deserve a treat after you've seen the Head!

Binbird
Old May 22nd 2005, 8:22 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys, haven't posted for the last couple of days. all seems to be going fine with the diet now i have come off of slimfast. Had a midweek glimpse (i know your not supposed to) and it looks like i could do quite well, mind you you always do the first week.

Been out today and have brought myself a new baby (computer baby that is). It's all lovely and shinny, i keep glaring at the kids even if they so much as look at it. i think if i carry on they will take it back to the shop and ask to exchange it with their happy mummy they used to have

Hope everyone is well, you all seem to be from your posts.

Louise
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:07 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by binbird
Hi Sarah

You know we'll all be thinking of you tomorrow when you go to see the Head. Just try and keep a big grin fixed on your face thinking ahead to the day that you hand your notice in. Remind us, when do you hope to exchange on your house? Is that the guiding factor for when you will do the aforementioned deed?!

Hope you enjoyed your 2 days off and manage to get back on your mayo diet wagon successfully tomorrow. But I think you deserve a treat after you've seen the Head!

Binbird
Hi Binbird,
Have been up since about 5.30. Massive headache and now my stomach is off again. Haven't had anything like this since I've been off before that it was a daily occurance. All in my head!!! Well that's what I keep telling myself. I'll be ok once I've got to school. I bet I know what kids feel like now when they are being bullied, poor little things. Not much longer,

We are just entering our third week since offer was made, it is still possible to exchange on 4th week but estate agent says allow 6-8 weeks to be on safe side. So we could exchange any time after 6th June, all being well.

Andrew and I have made a decision, once we exchange I was going to time my notice so that I get paid for summer hols but that means working right to the end of term. We have decided that whenever it is, I will work my month and get out of there. Sod the money my health and sanity is far more important.

Hope you are well.
Sarah
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:54 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teach
Hi Binbird,
Have been up since about 5.30. Massive headache and now my stomach is off again. Haven't had anything like this since I've been off before that it was a daily occurance. All in my head!!! Well that's what I keep telling myself. I'll be ok once I've got to school. I bet I know what kids feel like now when they are being bullied, poor little things. Not much longer,

We are just entering our third week since offer was made, it is still possible to exchange on 4th week but estate agent says allow 6-8 weeks to be on safe side. So we could exchange any time after 6th June, all being well.

Andrew and I have made a decision, once we exchange I was going to time my notice so that I get paid for summer hols but that means working right to the end of term. We have decided that whenever it is, I will work my month and get out of there. Sod the money my health and sanity is far more important.

Hope you are well.
Sarah

Sarah, take a couple of deep breaths and try to relax. Just remember that you are better than most of the people you work with. Keep in mind that this is only a temporary thing until you can hand your notice in (i hope i have got the right person ).

Well things seem to be heated on the forum today so maybe i will just stay on here and drive you lot mad .

Have a good day you lot, i will try to make sure i do.

Louise

Re read the end of your post and yes, i do have the right person. That's it girl. Just remember that everything is life can be temporary unless you decide otherwise
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:16 am
Birds of a feather . . .

Sarah - still thinking of you even though I don't know what time you were due at school. Hope it is out of the way and your tummy has settled. And I agree that you should hand in your notice as soon as the house exchanges - life is too short to suffer unnecessarily.

I was planning to go to the gym this morning but I got a phone call at 8.00am from a mum who I am friendly with in the village and she offered to accompany me on her bike if I wanted to run this morning. I took her up on it and then immediately regretted my decision as the heavens opened! But by the time we had dropped off our kids at school and playgroup we agreed to give it a go and we actually had pleasant weather all the way round the 5 mile circuit - yes 5 MILES!!! Now I know I can do a 10k! I am on a real high for completing that distance but disappointed that I forgot to look at my watch when we set off so I can only "guesstimate" how long it took - we dropped the little ones off at playgroup at 9.00am and then walked back to Kate's house for her to collect her bike so it would have been at least 9.10am before we set off and we were back at her house by 10.00am so that would have made it 50 minutes max. Can you see my grin from there?!

So, that's me set up for a good week - hope all your plans work out for you lot!

Binbird
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Hi Sarah

Hope all is going okay today for you, tried to send you karma but won't let me. Got to go spreading again!

I'm sure you will be fine and of course it won't be for much longer. Just bear that in mind. That surely in itself should give you a feeling of power because they don't know your plans!

Chin up and I'm sure we will all be waiting to hear from you later.
Theresa
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:23 am
forever hopeful

Binbird instead of Karma could you send me some of your energy please

Louise
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:29 am
Birds of a feather . . .

I'm needing energy now after reading some of the crap on here (not this thread of course!) No way am I going to get drawn into any of that. Why don't people just grow up and live and let live.

My motto - keep safe and happy!

Binbird
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by binbird
I'm needing energy now after reading some of the crap on here (not this thread of course!) No way am I going to get drawn into any of that. Why don't people just grow up and live and let live.

My motto - keep safe and happy!

Binbird

I don't think I'll add to that thread either. I like a happy world.
Theresa
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:46 am
forever hopeful

Originally Posted by hooperhome
I don't think I'll add to that thread either. I like a happy world.
Theresa

I did try earlier today but it seemed to fall on deaf ears. what that saying 'shoot the messenger'.

I think i willstay away too.

Louise
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

What am I missing ? I just logged on in work - is there another fight ?
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Just read it. Must admit I don't have enough time in the day to read all the threads so I look at the titles then just read the stuff I'm interested in so do miss a lot of them. I did love Jill's diaries as it's the day to day stuff you can't research or really think about when you get all caught up in the actual visa app/move so it was good to know what that may be like.

Oh well, kids will be kids.

Sarah - hope your day went ok and wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. Just keep in mind that it's not for long and you are moving on to much better, brighter and sunnier things.

Binbird - well done on your run, 10km isn't much more than what you did today so it'll be a breeze for you. Can't wait to cheer you on (virtually of course !)
Old May 23rd 2005, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

I've done a bit of a survey - stuck to diet and exercise and starting losing weight Wednesday onwards. However, when I have my 50g Haribo, even tho it's less than 5% fat and still in my calorie allowance, I gain weight ! I reckon there is something in the Haribo which stops me losing weight.

Could explain my 'May' issues !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.