Wikiposts

Dieter's for OZ

Old May 18th 2005, 6:53 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Originally Posted by ohippy
Official weigh in last night - stayed the same - all that hard work for nothing. Guess I should be grateful I didn't gain like last week.

My leader doesn't know why I'm not losing as I exercise so much and stick to 1500/1600 cals per day. Maybe it's all the ready meals (life totally manic this month, have 15mins each night to cook and eat !).

Still, I now have to keep a food diary for her to see next week so I bet I'll lose loads !! You know what it's like - washing machine breaks down, guy comes round and all of a sudden it works ! There again, who cares, I need to start losing again to keep myself motivated - roll on school hols when I will have time to cook properly !
Hi ohippy,
Ready meals are notoriously bad for containing heaps preservatives and additives. I once read an article that said slimmer ready meals in particular contain so much formeldahyde (excuse my spelling) that if you eat too many they can actually slow down weight loss as they preserve everything. Not trying scare tactics or anything, I know you've been very busy.
Pretend you live on your own and over the weekend cook 2 meals in bulk, freeze them in suitable portions. Hey presto, you have your own ready meal which is also healthy. I used to do this all the time when I lived on my own, saved me heaps of time, cooking and most of all money.
Hope I'm being helpful here, if not tell me to shut up.
Love and hugs
Sarah
Old May 19th 2005, 5:10 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

OMG has the diet monster eaten everyone? Where are you all? A whole day with no replies. :scared:
Sarah
Old May 19th 2005, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by teach
OMG has the diet monster eaten everyone? Where are you all? A whole day with no replies. :scared:
Sarah
Hi Sarah

I was thinking exactly the same thing
Theresa
Old May 19th 2005, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Bad news folks, I did'nt get the E grade. The feedback was excellent, but the other 2 candidated scored higher than me, and, get this, there are more E grade positions coming up in August and I quote 'will you be in australia then' this is from the chair of the panel!!!!Heres me thinking they are not suppose to take personal circumstances into it. Never mind Oz here I come
Old May 19th 2005, 5:24 am
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Hi Sarah

I was thinking exactly the same thing
Theresa
Hiya Theresa,
Have you looked into any shipping yet? Just been on line and checked out John Mason. Got a ridiculously low quote for what we wan to take. Under £200, seems a bit cheap to me.
Sarah
Old May 19th 2005, 5:25 am
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by s/nurse
Bad news folks, I did'nt get the E grade. The feedback was excellent, but the other 2 candidated scored higher than me, and, get this, there are more E grade positions coming up in August and I quote 'will you be in australia then' this is from the chair of the panel!!!!Heres me thinking they are not suppose to take personal circumstances into it. Never mind Oz here I come
Oh poor you. Not sure exactly what an E grade is. In my book it's a low mark, lol. I know it's not that at all, just trying to make you laugh.
Sarah
Old May 19th 2005, 5:30 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

It's been a busy day but I've got 5 minutes now before I bath my three beauties! Haven't had time to eat anything bad. Went to the gym and then did the weekend shopping at Tesco's this morning. Fetched no.3 and a friend from playgroup at 11.45am. Delivered the friend home on the way to do the school run when I collected no. 1 and no. 2 and a friend. They were all ravenous and I feel like I have fed the five thousand! The school friend has just been collected and I have been cracking the whip getting the house back in shape. Haven't a clue what we will be eating tonight and in fact, I am not even hungry, so hubby might be left to his own devices (again! lol) - that'll be beans on toast again for him then!

Did 6.8km on the treadmill today - that's two thirds of my 10km at least! Managed it in less than 40 minutes so I should be on target for a sub one hour time on the 5th. . . . .

See you all later.

Binbird
Old May 19th 2005, 5:35 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah
Hi Sarah,

Sorry, been busy doing stuff!

Chin up Chippy, I agree with what sarah said about ready meals, they tend to have a lot of salt in and that can cause you to retain water.

This morning I walked, yes walked to the stables. It is in the village where I live and is only 10mins but I have been driving there up to now. Then I mucked out stables for about 2 hours, had a cup of tea and walked back. All in the rain too.

Then I went and did the shopping. And made a bit of a wally of myself, but I don't want to put it on that other post, so I will just tell you lot. I have a 7 seater Kia Sedona, bit like driving a minibus but I love it. Tows the caravan beautifully. We usually put the shopping in the back, not a lot of space but I didn't have much to put in there today. The back door lifts up like a boot, know what i mean. Well, I am not very tall and by the time I have caught the door I don't have much ooomph with which to slam the door. If you don't slam it a little picture on the dashboard tells you the door is still open. Usually it doesn't matter as it is latched and won't come open. Today however, is a different story. I pulled out of the carpark space, went down the road to the edge of the carpark, to a small roundabout, went round the roundabout and felt a rush of air and heard the sound of a thud. Looked in the rear view mirror, and yes the boot had only come open. Did I feel foolish as I put the four ways on and ran back to pick up my bottles of diet lemonade that had sprung out of the boot.

Next time if the light comes on I will definately get out and shut the bl***y door!!! I haven't told the other half yet, he will just look at me, shake his head and sigh. He is used to stuff happening to me, and at least he doesn't have a go.

Since then I have been doing the washing, putting the shopping away and other mundane, but very necessary, general household chores. The ironing still awaits. I also have to put my portfolio in a new folder as my college tutor can't work my current one! How sad is that.

Anyway, time to go and grill some chicken for my tea, to go with my salad.

Hope everyone has had a good day,

Shirley
Old May 19th 2005, 5:54 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it obviously took me an age to do my last post cos there were some replies while I was at it.

s/nurse - if they don't want you, they are the ones losing out, sod em. Onwards and upwards to bigger and better things in oz!!!
Old May 19th 2005, 5:55 am
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by binbird
It's been a busy day but I've got 5 minutes now before I bath my three beauties! Haven't had time to eat anything bad. Went to the gym and then did the weekend shopping at Tesco's this morning. Fetched no.3 and a friend from playgroup at 11.45am. Delivered the friend home on the way to do the school run when I collected no. 1 and no. 2 and a friend. They were all ravenous and I feel like I have fed the five thousand! The school friend has just been collected and I have been cracking the whip getting the house back in shape. Haven't a clue what we will be eating tonight and in fact, I am not even hungry, so hubby might be left to his own devices (again! lol) - that'll be beans on toast again for him then!

Did 6.8km on the treadmill today - that's two thirds of my 10km at least! Managed it in less than 40 minutes so I should be on target for a sub one hour time on the 5th. . . . .

See you all later.

Binbird
Hi Binbird,
If you haven't eaten all day that's why you don't feel hungry. Even if it's just a bowl of cereals you must eat something.
That was me with my teacher head on, lol.

Sorry Shirely, got to laugh at boot. Sounds like something I would do.
Sarah
Old May 19th 2005, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Hiya Theresa,
Have you looked into any shipping yet? Just been on line and checked out John Mason. Got a ridiculously low quote for what we wan to take. Under £200, seems a bit cheap to me.
Sarah
We have only had 1 quote so far, can't even remember their name now, I searched on-line, and left some details, they phoned me and quoted £3500 for full house, then sent quote by email and also via post with very glossy brochure. They do the whole, packing, shipping and unpacking.

I haven't tried anyone else because the house is not even on market yet, but I will definitely look into other shippers when the time comes.

What exactly will you be taking with you for such a low quote?

Theresa
Old May 19th 2005, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Hi Sarah,

Sorry, been busy doing stuff!

Chin up Chippy, I agree with what sarah said about ready meals, they tend to have a lot of salt in and that can cause you to retain water.

This morning I walked, yes walked to the stables. It is in the village where I live and is only 10mins but I have been driving there up to now. Then I mucked out stables for about 2 hours, had a cup of tea and walked back. All in the rain too.

Then I went and did the shopping. And made a bit of a wally of myself, but I don't want to put it on that other post, so I will just tell you lot. I have a 7 seater Kia Sedona, bit like driving a minibus but I love it. Tows the caravan beautifully. We usually put the shopping in the back, not a lot of space but I didn't have much to put in there today. The back door lifts up like a boot, know what i mean. Well, I am not very tall and by the time I have caught the door I don't have much ooomph with which to slam the door. If you don't slam it a little picture on the dashboard tells you the door is still open. Usually it doesn't matter as it is latched and won't come open. Today however, is a different story. I pulled out of the carpark space, went down the road to the edge of the carpark, to a small roundabout, went round the roundabout and felt a rush of air and heard the sound of a thud. Looked in the rear view mirror, and yes the boot had only come open. Did I feel foolish as I put the four ways on and ran back to pick up my bottles of diet lemonade that had sprung out of the boot.

Next time if the light comes on I will definately get out and shut the bl***y door!!! I haven't told the other half yet, he will just look at me, shake his head and sigh. He is used to stuff happening to me, and at least he doesn't have a go.

Since then I have been doing the washing, putting the shopping away and other mundane, but very necessary, general household chores. The ironing still awaits. I also have to put my portfolio in a new folder as my college tutor can't work my current one! How sad is that.

Anyway, time to go and grill some chicken for my tea, to go with my salad.

Hope everyone has had a good day,

Shirley
You're not the only one Shirley - my RC leader drove onto the motorway sliproad - boot flings open and all the weight loss certificates flew all over the road. All traffic had to stop whilst she picked everything up - she must have had loads of sniggers !!
Old May 19th 2005, 6:54 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Back again now that the kids are in bed!

s/nurse - Forget about the E Grade - there'll be a better job waiting for you once you get to Australia. Your health is your number one priority at the moment so hope you find something that works soon.

Shirley - a busy day for you and me both, but walking in the rain, that's dedication! I had to laugh about your shopping trip - I've never had stuff fall out of the boot but I have to confess to driving off with the mobile phone on the roof of the car a couple of years ago. Got a phone call during the day saying "I've got your mobile phone - do you want to come round and fetch it?" Fortunately I had "Home" stored on speed dial 1 and a decent bloke in the village had picked it up and tracked me down!

Sarah - I have just had a muller light yoghurt (Raspberry and cranberry - mmm!) I did have alpen at breakfast and lunch was a couple of ryvita with cottage cheese and batons of carrot, cucumber and red pepper followed by a banana so it's not that I haven't eaten anything all day. It's not a lot I know so I hope I am not going down with something just as I was beginning to feel better again. . . .

Now better catch up with all the rest of the goings on in the BE world!

Byeee!

Binbird
Old May 19th 2005, 6:55 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi guys, well I've had my 1st weigh-in since returning to ww and.........I've lost 5.5 lbs!!!!!! can't believe it, there's something in this nocount thing,
feel really motivated now, usually I treat myself to some chocolate on weigh-in day but I don't want any, instead I had some flapjack I'd made (low Gi).
Better go and polish my halo
mandi x
Old May 19th 2005, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ohippy,
Ready meals are notoriously bad for containing heaps preservatives and additives. I once read an article that said slimmer ready meals in particular contain so much formeldahyde (excuse my spelling) that if you eat too many they can actually slow down weight loss as they preserve everything. Not trying scare tactics or anything, I know you've been very busy.
Pretend you live on your own and over the weekend cook 2 meals in bulk, freeze them in suitable portions. Hey presto, you have your own ready meal which is also healthy. I used to do this all the time when I lived on my own, saved me heaps of time, cooking and most of all money.
Hope I'm being helpful here, if not tell me to shut up.
Love and hugs
Sarah
I wish I could do that Sarah - I used to cook Sat and Sun but, since Easter, have been too busy. I work full time term time so the weekend is filled with cleaning, washing, ironing and shopping. I have a hubby who is only able to watch telly when he's not working so no help there - despite all the shouting at him, in fact recently I haven't stopped until 9.30/10 pm every night. When school hols arrive will have to cook loads then - can't wait til 17th June as I'm off to a health farm for the weekend leaving kids and hubby behind - bliss

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.