Dieter's for OZ

Old May 26th 2005, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Originally Posted by ohippy
Well got weighed last night - lost 3 lb ! It was 4lb on my scales but what's a lb between friends.

Stuffed my face with loads of goodies last night to celebrate but am straight back on it today with a vengence. Got quite a few nights out ahead this week so will have to be really careful all the other days to make up for it.

This week my goal is to break through that 12st barrier - wish me luck I'll need it !

Heather

Well done Heather Ohippy, 3 lbs is great. Stick to it and I am sure you will break through that 12 stone mark.

Theresa
Old May 26th 2005, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Got our SA STNI approval today, 4 working days after covering fax sent Yippppppeeeeeeeeee
Been on nights so need to catch up on the messages, hope everyones OK
Old May 26th 2005, 8:20 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Well got weighed last night - lost 3 lb ! It was 4lb on my scales but what's a lb between friends.

Stuffed my face with loads of goodies last night to celebrate but am straight back on it today with a vengence. Got quite a few nights out ahead this week so will have to be really careful all the other days to make up for it.

This week my goal is to break through that 12st barrier - wish me luck I'll need it !

Heather

Congratulations Heather

Good luck with that next goal and who needs Haribo anyway?!

Binbird (off to the gym. . .)
Old May 26th 2005, 8:31 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Heather
Congratulations Heather 3lb's is great for one week!!!!! What diet are you doing again?

Like you I am waiting to break through the 12 stone barrier - my 1st Scottish slimmers weigh in is tonight at 5.30pm so hoping for a good 1st week weight loss - I won't break the barrier this week as my start weight was 12 stone 11 and a half pounds last week - maybe next week though if I keep up a good weight loss.

I have a chinese meal Friday night for a leaving party at work - have planned what i'm going to eat and will be eating smaller portions.

I'm finding that if I take my time eating I am not finding the smaller portions too much trouble - some days on SS are hard but others I feel totally positive! I'm feeling really motivated to get to my goal weight of 10 stone 7 pounds - then you go on to the maintenance plan where you get a check for every kg you weigh - at my goal weight that would be at least an extra 20 checks per day which would make things a lot easier.

Lynn
Old May 26th 2005, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by s/nurse
Got our SA STNI approval today, 4 working days after covering fax sent Yippppppeeeeeeeeee
Great news!!!!! What happens now?

By the way you had asked about Scottish slimmers - they have tonnes of branches in England so son't rule it out - have a look at their website. I'm finding the diet much better than weight watchers as you get a milk allowance (which can include milk and a yoghurt) and 2 servings of fruit per day - so feel much healthier for that.

Lynn
Old May 26th 2005, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations !!!
Old May 26th 2005, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Congratulations Heather 3lb's is great for one week!!!!! What diet are you doing again?

Like you I am waiting to break through the 12 stone barrier - my 1st Scottish slimmers weigh in is tonight at 5.30pm so hoping for a good 1st week weight loss - I won't break the barrier this week as my start weight was 12 stone 11 and a half pounds last week - maybe next week though if I keep up a good weight loss.

I have a chinese meal Friday night for a leaving party at work - have planned what i'm going to eat and will be eating smaller portions.

I'm finding that if I take my time eating I am not finding the smaller portions too much trouble - some days on SS are hard but others I feel totally positive! I'm feeling really motivated to get to my goal weight of 10 stone 7 pounds - then you go on to the maintenance plan where you get a check for every kg you weigh - at my goal weight that would be at least an extra 20 checks per day which would make things a lot easier.

Lynn
I'm doing Rosemary Conley - so I'm allowed 1500 calories a day of which 1350 is supposed to be less than 5% fat (but I do cheat a little on this bit !)

In all fairness, if you eat stuff less than 5% fat, you can eat loads, if you start going over the 5% then you get a lot less for your calories !
Old May 26th 2005, 9:32 am

I'm doing Rosemary Conley - so I'm allowed 1500 calories a day of which 1350 is supposed to be less than 5% fat (but I do cheat a little on this bit !)

In all fairness, if you eat stuff less than 5% fat, you can eat loads, if you start going over the 5% then you get a lot less for your calories !
Have tried Rosemary Conley in the past and found it very hard - in saying that, I get 45 checks per day with SS and a check is worth 25 cals so that would make 1125 cals but additional to this I get 2 pieces of fruit and 275mls of milk or 150mls milk (skimmed) and a small diet yoghurt. So the 2 diets are probably the same - fat wise you are to try to not eat more grams of fat than your checks ie. 45g fat max per day - i'm always well under that.

Lynn x
Old May 26th 2005, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Have tried Rosemary Conley in the past and found it very hard - in saying that, I get 45 checks per day with SS and a check is worth 25 cals so that would make 1125 cals but additional to this I get 2 pieces of fruit and 275mls of milk or 150mls milk (skimmed) and a small diet yoghurt. So the 2 diets are probably the same - fat wise you are to try to not eat more grams of fat than your checks ie. 45g fat max per day - i'm always well under that.

Lynn x
Most of the diets work on the same principle - they have to or else you wouldn't lose weight. Basically energy in (cals) minus energy out = weight gain so you need to be using more energy a day than you are eating. Different diets tho work for different people, not so much in what you're eating but the way you go about it. Diets which allow certain foods to be eaten freely work on the principle that they are low in cals and you couldn't eat enough to blow a diet. I'm the exception as I never feel full and so those diets don't work for me !
Old May 26th 2005, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Congrats, brilliant news.
Theresa
Old May 26th 2005, 11:48 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone!

Thanks to Ann for sharing the meds experience, and well done to everyone on their weight / inches loss!

I am back on the wagon, so to speak, trying to diet but also doing regular exercise (Ministry of Sound DVD), got to lose this belly that seems to have reappeared again...!

Got the meds in 4 weeks so got to get on and DO IT!

Bx
Old May 26th 2005, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Most of the diets work on the same principle - they have to or else you wouldn't lose weight. Basically energy in (cals) minus energy out = weight gain so you need to be using more energy a day than you are eating. Different diets tho work for different people, not so much in what you're eating but the way you go about it. Diets which allow certain foods to be eaten freely work on the principle that they are low in cals and you couldn't eat enough to blow a diet. I'm the exception as I never feel full and so those diets don't work for me !

I am not very good with diets and never have been. Don't like to keep check on what I have had and what else I need to or have to fit in during the day. Ediets was definitely much easier for me to follow because the mealplan is automatically put together on-line as soon as you do your weigh-in. Then produces your shopping list for it aswell. No thinking involved!

I am now working alongside Ediets but mostly my own choice of foods and just being sensible about fat content in what I am buying.

Because I am not a big eater and I actually do fill up very quickly I could possibly continue to just eat sensibly but not actually 'do' a diet. At one point my hubby would not let me have a starter if we went out for a meal because I would then take a couple of mouthfuls of main meal and leave the rest. I am better having a starter and a dessert.

6am this morning alarm goes off, I'm thinking I don't want to get up now. Daughter no.2 comes in and tries to get me up, daughter no.1 appears and wants me to get up and do workout because she wants to join me. Unbelievable, can't wait till Saturday to get a rest.

Bye for now, Theresa
Old May 26th 2005, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bridiej
Hi Everyone!

Thanks to Ann for sharing the meds experience, and well done to everyone on their weight / inches loss!

I am back on the wagon, so to speak, trying to diet but also doing regular exercise (Ministry of Sound DVD), got to lose this belly that seems to have reappeared again...!

Got the meds in 4 weeks so got to get on and DO IT!

Bx

Is that the Pump it Up one?

Theresa
Old May 26th 2005, 12:01 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

It's been a bit of a rush this morning - didn't help that I had a quick look on here earlier when I should have been doing other things! Missed your post earlier s/nurse so congratulations from me too! Does this mean you are going to beat us all out there?!

My visit to the gym was a bit rushed too but still managed to do 2km on the cross trainer and 3km on the treadmill and then I used the resistance weights machines. Not going to the gym tomorrow as I have got my Friday night run with my friend from the village in the evening. Probably another 5 miler. . . .

We are due to exchange by 31 May but we were speaking to our solicitor (a friend) yesterday and he said it's all ready from his point of view so he will try and get it done tomorrow otherwise it has to wait until after the bank holiday weekend. Once we get the OK we will be booking our shippers and our flights! We ahve found flights for just under £2,000 for the five of us but you can bet that it will have gone up by at least a couple of hundred pounds before we feel it is safe to book them . . . And we can also make plans for the month of August when we hope to travel round Europe (well, France basically and a quick hop to Italy to see Venice).

Got my Stepmum's 50th birthday do on Saturday so hope there are not too many tempting culinary delights on offer! Then on the Sunday we are due at the in-laws to help them sort through all the stuff in their garage and loft in preparation for their move down under. Depending on how much progress we make we could be back there on the Monday - they have got loads of stuff so we have advised them to get a skip in! Anybody got anything more exciting lined up for the bank holiday?

Catch you all later

Binbird

p.s. Welcome back Bridie - 4 weeks of healthy eating and a bit of exercise will see you sail through your medicals!
Old May 26th 2005, 12:17 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Is that the Pump it Up one?

Theresa
Yes, that's the one. I really enjoy doing it, it feels more like dance than keep fit!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.