Dieter's for OZ

Old May 30th 2005, 6:15 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Hi guys

Hope you have all had a good weekend.

Theresa - I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow, it will be good to have it settled I would imagine.

Lace - how is the new kitchen coming on?

I haven't really done a lot this weekend. Did manage to get hubby to stick a few more tiles on the wall though, think the moaning worked a treat. The bathroom suite has been in there since Easter, so I think I am entitled to have a bit of a moan. There is still a lot more to do though, but still.

It is 3 weeks today that our skills assessment stuff got to the ACS, and going by past performance I am expecting to hear something in the next 2-3 weeks. Its not a pleasant wait is it!! I am trying to keep my mind off it and keep occupied. I have gone back to the sewing, that stops me eating too. I know that when the main visa goes in it will be even worse.

Off now to watch Oceans 12 and not eat popcorn with evreyone else! I love a bit of Brad Pitt and George Clooney on a Bank Holiday. MMMMMMMMM

See you later

Shirley
Old May 30th 2005, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Thresea babe! I don't know what to say my little dimple!
I wont say anything. If you need us!!!!! were here!

Shirley the kitchen is coming on fine thanks for asking now then I might be putting my application in earlier. we have been re-jigging a lot of things and the person we were waiting for to sponsor us says that she can do it before Jan /Feb next year so it may be as early as November this year. We are still working out the logistics.

Wish me luck I am gunna need it. If anyone knows when the DIMMA shut over Christmas I would be grateful if you could share the info with me as I need to find out quick.
cheers me dears
luv lace
Old May 31st 2005, 8:08 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Lace,
Not sure about when DIMIA shut over chrimbo, sorry. But good luck.

Moan, moan, moan!!!! That's all I seem to do these days. I hate incompetent people!!!!! We had an appointment booked with Fox Movers today to give us a quote for shipping our stuff. I phoned up when they failed to show and was told to try another office as I obviously hadn't booked with them. I was quite matter of fact on the phone and told him that I didn't appreciate being called a liar and that I would fax over my phone bill. He changed his tune then and said that I could make another booking, so I told him where to stick it and said that we would be using a more reliable firm. Not a happy bunny!
I can't blinking wait until all this is over.
Sarah
Old May 31st 2005, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Hello everybody

Well, am I glad that is over. We had meeting today at work, and basically put cards on the table, the grievances were agreed due to mitigating circumstances. We have decided not to issue written warning, because to be perfectly honest we just do not want to get involved in anything like that now. We shall hopefully have rid of the business in the next couple of months.

We have now decided to speak to the person that we sub-let from to let him know what is going on and to see if there will be any problem in getting somebody in to take over our business, even if it just pays enough to walk away not owing anything.

Once we have spoken to him we will either shut it down in a couple of months or proceed with the agency that are advertising the sale to inform them that we want a mega quick sale. Maybe a drastic drop in asking price but at least we could get something back for all the hard work that we have put in over the last 3 years.

We now plan to go Nov 2nd if we possibly can. Have had enough and need to move on to start our new life.

Mind you, that is providing the visa is granted, nobody seems to have heard much lately, apparently DIMIA are catching up with the pre-Julyers from last year. But we have done all meds so hopefully that should speed the process up a little.

Diet has gone out the window over weekend, stress got the better of me. Not only did we have work problems but also had my sister down on Saturday night with her husband for a meal.

She has been finding it very difficult to deal with us leaving UK so wanted to make the evening as pleasant as possible. However with the work issue, that kind of dominated their visit. He has lot to do with trade union and so had a lot to say about the matter. Not the best of evenings I'm sure but when I think about how the evening could have turned out with regards to the hostility that we have had over the last year, it could be viewed as a success of an evening.

Will catch up later with all postings from weekend
Bye for now, Theresa
Old May 31st 2005, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Oh dear, I have just read through my post and it is most depressing - just to re-assure you all I am actually feeling a lot better today.

Theresa
Old May 31st 2005, 1:12 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Hi Theresa

Glad you managed to get today over and done with. Sounds promising from what I can gather. Forget about the diet just for today, have a drink tonight to celebrate getting over this terrible period, relax, enjoy being a couple and talk about your plans for the future to remind yourselves why you are going through all this and that it will be worth it. In fact, have a look at some photos of Oz, look at some houses on the web, it is bound to fire up your enthusiasm all over again.

I haven't done my exercise dvd for a couple of days. Having an audience over half term rather puts me off! But I am not eating very well, or sleeping come to that. I am just SO wound up waiting for our TRA to come back and that we don't have time to re-submit that I lay awake for hours then when I do finally get to sleep I am awake by 5am. Then I can't get back to sleep so I come downstairs to see if there is an email from our agent (based in Oz).

The only time I seem to relax at the moment is during the afternoons because I know that Australia's office hours are finished for the day.

Can't believe I am saying this but I will be glad to get back to work next week so that at least I will be occupied.

I am delighted to see that everyone has stopped arguing with their respective husbands . I have let my son off his grounding a day early because he has been so good and has not moaned about it once. It is the first time he has been grounded and I think/hope he has learnt a lesson I know I have, try to remember that he is only twelve years old. He is 5ft 6, has a deep voice and is getting a little moustache already and I think I forget that he is not even a teenager yet. I need to cut him a bit of slack

Learning target for today:
Remember that our family are the ones who are going to have to also be our friends when we first move to a new land. We NEED to be able to get along
Old May 31st 2005, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Hi Theresa

Glad you managed to get today over and done with. Sounds promising from what I can gather. Forget about the diet just for today, have a drink tonight to celebrate getting over this terrible period, relax, enjoy being a couple and talk about your plans for the future to remind yourselves why you are going through all this and that it will be worth it. In fact, have a look at some photos of Oz, look at some houses on the web, it is bound to fire up your enthusiasm all over again.

I haven't done my exercise dvd for a couple of days. Having an audience over half term rather puts me off! But I am not eating very well, or sleeping come to that. I am just SO wound up waiting for our TRA to come back and that we don't have time to re-submit that I lay awake for hours then when I do finally get to sleep I am awake by 5am. Then I can't get back to sleep so I come downstairs to see if there is an email from our agent (based in Oz).

The only time I seem to relax at the moment is during the afternoons because I know that Australia's office hours are finished for the day.

Can't believe I am saying this but I will be glad to get back to work next week so that at least I will be occupied.

I am delighted to see that everyone has stopped arguing with their respective husbands . I have let my son off his grounding a day early because he has been so good and has not moaned about it once. It is the first time he has been grounded and I think/hope he has learnt a lesson I know I have, try to remember that he is only twelve years old. He is 5ft 6, has a deep voice and is getting a little moustache already and I think I forget that he is not even a teenager yet. I need to cut him a bit of slack

Learning target for today:
Remember that our family are the ones who are going to have to also be our friends when we first move to a new land. We NEED to be able to get along

Anne, what are your deadline dates for application of visa?
Old May 31st 2005, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Anne, what are your deadline dates for application of visa?
We sent off our TRA on 7/4/05, it was acknowledged on 28/4/05. My husband is going to be 45 on 9/9/05!!! :scared: So..... if we haven't got the TRA right first time and don't think we will have time to re-submit it and get a reply before we need to put in main application We have no other way of getting out there other than on a skilled sponsored and anyway I think all the other categories have a 45 year age limit on them.
Old May 31st 2005, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

We sent off our TRA on 7/4/05, it was acknowledged on 28/4/05. My husband is going to be 45 on 9/9/05!!! :scared: So..... if we haven't got the TRA right first time and don't think we will have time to re-submit it and get a reply before we need to put in main application We have no other way of getting out there other than on a skilled sponsored and anyway I think all the other categories have a 45 year age limit on them.

Our TRA took about 10 weeks, we were told it would be 3-4 months so were pleased we got approved so quickly.

Are you using an agent?
Old May 31st 2005, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Our TRA took about 10 weeks, we were told it would be 3-4 months so were pleased we got approved so quickly.

Are you using an agent?
Yes. She is in WA and I keep telling myself that surely they wouldn't have put the TRA in if they didn't think it was ready. It's true what they say though about too much knowledge being a bad thing. I was quite alright (well fairly) about it all until I read a thread about TRA failing first time. Now all I keep thinking about is all stuff that perhaps we should have put in and trying to remember what we did and what we didn't.
Old May 31st 2005, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya all- sorry I haven't been around a while - I've even stopped getting the thread sent to my email !!

I'm decorating the spare bedroom (where the computer usually rests) so have had to unplug. Only prepared the walls so far but had withdrawal symptons so plugged back in before starting painting !

Got the week off with the kids but no chilling for me. Have to finish this room, spent the day in Yate today, off to the Bath and West Thursday (will have to stop myself buying plants as they can't come with me to Oz)and out to Bath Sunday.

Diet has gone to pot, succombed to pick n mix today and am grabbing food where I can amidst the sanding etc. I will be lucky not to gain tomorrow when I weigh in so doubt the 12 stone target will be broken this week again !!

Was brave tho and bought a tankini thing for Greece in August !! Must lose some flab to get into it without hubby throwing up. :scared:

As for Oz - spent a lot of time last weekend working on the TRA assessment - 5 statements to get, all of which are typed up - just need some headed paper and a signature so fingers crossed it'll be off to agent in June and hope to get a positive result by the end of the year.

Hope everyone's having a good time and all the rows have stopped. Me and hubby generally row more when I'm dieting - strange that !
Old May 31st 2005, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes. She is in WA and I keep telling myself that surely they wouldn't have put the TRA in if they didn't think it was ready. It's true what they say though about too much knowledge being a bad thing. I was quite alright (well fairly) about it all until I read a thread about TRA failing first time. Now all I keep thinking about is all stuff that perhaps we should have put in and trying to remember what we did and what we didn't.

In general I don't think agents would submit to TRA unless they were sure because it would affect their reputation.
Old May 31st 2005, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Heather

You and me both - gone AWOL on diet. I too am not positive about my weigh-in tomorrow. I am sat here eating a packet of Walkers salt and vinegar crisps, haven't had crisps for ages because I don't tend to eat them.

Rows have stopped in my house, but some realisations were made during this weekend which have really been realised because of the stress and rows so had some benefit in the long run.

Sounds like you are almost up together with your TRA application, believe me it is the hardest part of the whole process. The problem with the main visa application is the waiting. I have never wanted anything to happen so quick in all my life.

At the moment I am waiting for hairdresser to arrive, can't believe what I am about to do...........decided to go back to blonde. However this is a major project now. Can't go straight away, it is a gradual process so am having blond hi-lites today. Providing it doesn't look too bad I will keep studio appointment on Friday for family photos. If it is a disaster I may have to postpone. I have put myself in a really silly situation. Went from blonde to dark last visit to hairdresser and now want to go back to blonde.

She has just arrived, bye for now, Theresa
Old May 31st 2005, 3:11 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Glad everything went well today Theresa, you can relax a little now. Hope the colour turned out ok.
I'm so blinking ungrateful, it's not funny. I have natural blonde hair that goes almost white in the summer and I want to have a different colour. Not all of the time, but would just like a change every now and then. Ah well I acn dream, lol. Just a cut and dry for me tomorrow, hopefully my last in this country, yeah.
Sarah
Old May 31st 2005, 4:07 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

I've not been about for a few days - recovering from the profiteroles! Completely forgot about my weigh in yesterday (good job too!) but got back on the scales today and I am the same weight as usual (because the profiteroles had . . . .

The time is two minutes to five: was just about to have a moan about not having exchanged today but our solicitor has just phoned to say WE HAVE EXCHANGED! So excuse me pausing mid profiterole confession but this is more important! Hurrah! At the last minute the purchaser's solicitor wanted confirmation that a) the loft conversion (which was done by the previous occupant) was only the loft space above the garage and not the entire house and b) that the replacement windows were fitted prior to planning permission being required in April 2002. Re a) - the purchaser has seen for themselves that there is no loft conversion of the house other than the space above the garage and re b) - we have already confirmed that the windows were replaced without the need for planning permission. But who cares now?! Roll on completion August 1st - hopefully nothing can go wrong now. . . .

Can't concentrate on anything else now! I'll be back on later. . . .

Binbird (yippee!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.