British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Dieter's for OZ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/dieters-oz-284729/)

lacey21 Feb 16th 2005 5:49 pm

Dieter's for OZ

Here you go ladies and gents if you have anything to say about your dieting habits or your weight gain or weight losses then go for it here.
I have just lost another 1 and a half pounds of flab, I have lose nearly 40 lbs in total (I cut off a leg, bum bum).
Anyone one else dieting for Oz, the medical, the husband or any other reason lets hear about it.

cheers :beer:
Lace :) Sunny manchester where it is dead easy to diet NOT!

pike Feb 16th 2005 6:52 pm

Re: Dieter's for OZ

Originally Posted by lacey21
Here you go ladies and gents if you have anything to say about your dieting habits or your weight gain or weight losses then go for it here.
I have just lost another 1 and a half pounds of flab, I have lose nearly 40 lbs in total (I cut off a leg, bum bum).
Anyone one else dieting for Oz, the medical, the husband or any other reason lets hear about it.

cheers :beer:
Lace :) Sunny manchester where it is dead easy to diet NOT!

Gone from 12.5 stone to 14 stone in the last 8 months won't be long before wife puts me on diet and her self

mandi248 Feb 16th 2005 7:08 pm

Last year I lost 3 1/2 stone. I then put back on just over 2 stone!! :scared: Why is it so difficult to lose but so damn easy to put back on :confused: Started Weight Watchers again last month and have lost 9 1/2 lbs in 3 weeks, have also been excerising like mad! even been getting up at 5.30am to get some in before work, must be mad :eek: had to have fish and chips last night though, donated blood yesterday so by the time i got home it was very late and hubby was starving so it was a quick fix, will have to work doubley hard in the gym now :( . Good luck to everyone else trying to lose. :D

lacey21 Feb 16th 2005 8:23 pm

Hey I'm at weight watchers,
keep in there, you can do it. It is so...... easy to put on weight and very difficult to get off. This I have found is gods sick joke! Just like winning the lotto lol.
I am in Jeans now. I can't move or sit down but hey I am in them, haven't been in them for two years.
lace :)

Roy Edward Taylor Feb 16th 2005 9:50 pm

Hi there (first ever post!)

When I first moved to Melbourne (four years ago) I lost 5 kilos without thinking about it, the heat just stripped the weight off. When I then decided to diet, I found it much easier in Melbourne than the UK, and managed to get down to 82kg from 92kg in a matter of months. OK, over time it went back on, but I *did* manage to slim down in Oz better than I had ever managed in the UK.
Unfortuantely, probably becasue I'm used to it now, I'm heavier than ever before, so be warned... it may just be a temporary thing, one that occurs after the initial move.

Then again it may have been Sushi: I became addicted to Nori Rolls from the outlets in Melbourne's CBD!

I'm about to fly back to Oz after 3 months in Lancashire, so I'm hoping the shock allows me to get back in shape and trim down again.

Roy

redlion Feb 16th 2005 10:24 pm

cant do all this Kilos and stuff but i was 16.5 stone but im down to 15st now which sounds a lot but i am nearly 6' so i can get away with it. Ideal weight will be about 14.5st, what i wanted to say was this, i have not been on any kind of controlled diet ie calorie counting or food weighing or meat today veg tomorrow etc etc etc you know the drill the list is endless, all i do is cut out all the crap Monday to Friday and then i do what i want at the weekend within reason of course!! lol. Now im not saying the weight has fallen off me but it has come off surely but steadily and most importantly it is staying off without too much pain. Actualy i was a bad lad tonight after watching those depressing nuts on "down under" i had to have a little mini cake with me cup of tea and its not even the weekend :scared: shock horror :scared:
well good luck to all you dieters (even us fellas diet ya know lol) and keep up the good/hard work :)

Nev.

chocaholic Feb 17th 2005 4:09 am

I should be on a diet but there's too much temptation around and then there's my recent discovery of turkish delight chocolate eggs. Maybe after Easter is a good time to give it a serious go.

teach Feb 17th 2005 7:02 am

keep in there, you can do it. It is so...... easy to put on weight and very difficult to get off. This I have found is gods sick joke! Just like winning the lotto lol.
I am in Jeans now. I can't move or sit down but hey I am in them, haven't been in them for two years.

Hiya Lace,
Congrats on getting into the jeans. I had my first pair in December for about 6-10 years. Not because they didn't make them in size 16-18, but just because I was so uncomfortable wearing them, plus my huge thighs looked even bigger in them. A few more lbs and you will be belting those jeans to keep them up. Keep at it.
Sarah

mandi248 Feb 17th 2005 8:21 am

Yeah, congratulations lacey, it's a great feeling isn't it, I just remember how that feels, I already feel better having lost almost 10 lbs (might me more, weigh ins tonight!) I still have my "thinner" clothes in the wardrobe from the summer, I tried them on as we went to Oz in December, I could've cried :( I ended up borrowing my friends sisters clothes who is a similiar size to me (at the mo) which actually wasn't too bad as she had lovely clothes, a lot of them were from Moonson :D but I AM going to be in my own clothes for this summer as it WILL be the last british summer I have ;) keep up the good work lacey in a few months you'll need a smaller size :)
Mandi

halflinggirl2000 Feb 17th 2005 10:23 am

Hi everyone

If the visa is running to time, med request should be coming in about July so have 5/6 months to make a differance. Need to lose at least 4 to 6 stone :scared: so have worked out that to lose 4 stone over 6 months is about 2 1/3 lb a week on average. Sound do-able at the begining, will have to see if I can keep it up. Joining WW on tuesday, it is in the morning so can go and stay and not be rushing off to be taxi etc for the boys. Looking forward to hearing about those lbs melting off us effortlessly :D :D

Cheers Halflinggirl

mandi248 Feb 17th 2005 11:03 am

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
Hi everyone

If the visa is running to time, med request should be coming in about July so have 5/6 months to make a differance. Need to lose at least 4 to 6 stone :scared: so have worked out that to lose 4 stone over 6 months is about 2 1/3 lb a week on average. Sound do-able at the begining, will have to see if I can keep it up. Joining WW on tuesday, it is in the morning so can go and stay and not be rushing off to be taxi etc for the boys. Looking forward to hearing about those lbs melting off us effortlessly :D :D

Cheers Halflinggirl

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do it. The new no count diet with weight watchers is great cos you can eat quite a lot and not feel hungry, i've been following it for 4 weeks now (weigh in tonight) and up to the 3 week mark I've lost 9 1/2 lbs and to be honest I've not felt that deprived, also having the impending medicals help! if i can give one tip it would be excerise! even walking more helps :D and less of the :beer: . wine is one of my weakness oh and chocolate, but i've managed to stay away from the chocolate it's the wine that proving harder! :(

halflinggirl2000 Feb 17th 2005 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by mandi248
Good luck, I'm sure you'll do it. The new no count diet with weight watchers is great cos you can eat quite a lot and not feel hungry, i've been following it for 4 weeks now (weigh in tonight) and up to the 3 week mark I've lost 9 1/2 lbs and to be honest I've not felt that deprived, also having the impending medicals help! if i can give one tip it would be excerise! even walking more helps :D and less of the :beer: . wine is one of my weakness oh and chocolate, but i've managed to stay away from the chocolate it's the wine that proving harder! :(

Thanks for that Mandi, yes I think your right about the exercise so have taken your advice and have ordered two exercise videos to get me started, both by rosemary conley

1 Slim and Salsacise (can just see me doing those latin combos (better remember to shut the curtains))
2 7 day slim down

like the sound of the music so thought that might help me, then swimming pool opening up more day time slots so thought I might get myself to a session or two. definately a special occassion drinker (laughed as sons college is pushing that if you drink more than 4/5 drinks above your normal daily average when you go out on special occasions you can be classed as a binge drinker - oh well thats me labelled for life then) but at least it makes it easier during the week, but chocolate is another matter. I like bog standard galaxy/dairy milk chocolate, and the ozzie chocolate is not like ours is it! It reminds me of the cheaper xmas tree chocs that you can get not very nice. So maybe having to cut it down now will be kinder in the long run.

Congratulation on the weight loss talk to you soon

Halflinggirl

mandi248 Feb 17th 2005 12:55 pm

I also bought 2 excerise videos, Angela Griffins dancemix workout and Davina power of 3, I like Davina's the best, there's a lot of toning excerises but they also work on burning the fat by doing aerobic excerise for just 1 minute between the toning, it certainly gets the heart rate going and I definately feel more toned!! :cool: occasionally i do go to the gym but the time it takes i don't always have it to spare!! Enjoy the vid's make sure you've got lots of water to drink ;)

jack27 Feb 17th 2005 2:08 pm

hey u guys. well, i arrived in Oz in 99 and have put on 3 stone!!!!!! disgraceful, I know but there ya go.

Been unhappy about it so decided to do something about it......

I have now lossed 13kilos and am feeling a lot better but still have a long way to go! i wanna reach 10 stone as this is a good weight for my height an age!!!

I will keep you's informed on my progress, any one out there wanna chat about weight etc, I'm here for ya.
Take care cal.

lacey21 Feb 17th 2005 6:13 pm

Hey again you guys,
excersie vids are a no no for me. I just lookk at them whilst eating chips!!!! lol. The worst thing for me is chips and wine, together pref.
Keep up the good work girls and guys, weight in next Wed will keep you posted
eat but don't cheat!!
Lace :)