Wikiposts

Dieter's for OZ

Old Aug 8th 2005, 2:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Hi all you weight loss people. I admire your efforts. I am about to give it a go too.

I just found a fab website that you all might be interested in (you might have already seen it but its new to me!) some fantastic recipes and free advice in there.

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/

Good luck to you all.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

Dazlin will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Dieter's for OZ

Originally Posted by lacey21
Here you go ladies and gents if you have anything to say about your dieting habits or your weight gain or weight losses then go for it here.
I have just lost another 1 and a half pounds of flab, I have lose nearly 40 lbs in total (I cut off a leg, bum bum).
Anyone one else dieting for Oz, the medical, the husband or any other reason lets hear about it.

cheers
Lace Sunny manchester where it is dead easy to diet NOT!
What is the recomended BMI for going to Oz?
Thanks
Julie
Old Aug 8th 2005, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by ohippy
Did you have a good weekend ? Where did you go in the end ?

Well, it was all a big secret, he would not tell me anything which is very unlike him, he is like a big kid and is usually dying to give me a few clues.

Anyway, we dropped the girls at my parents on Saturday morning because he told me to be ready for 11am and no later. Anyway 11am arrives and he says shall we have a cup of tea (while he is trying to watch the cricket)!!! He said we had a bit of time to spare so as we are drinking tea, my friend and her husband arrive to say happy birthday and arrive with card and pressie, it was a beautiful necklace with big blue/silver heart. Like the one from Titanic my eldest said!

They came in and wanted to see the Venture pictures we had collected in the week. Then my friend says they should go because they were holding us up but as they went out to their car, Steve grabbed our bags and put them into their boot !!!???***

'What's happening, why are you doing that?' They just all laughed at me and told me to get into the car. So they had planned and schemed all week between them.

Anyway we stopped for lunch at the Fishermans Cott at Bickleigh nr Tiverton. One of my favourite places, to eat or stay. 3 large glasses of wine and I was almost ready for a nap. Then we went to their static caravan, nr Lyme Regis. We had a brilliant time, nothing fancy, just a night at the site clubhouse, did the raffle, played the quiz, played connect 4 back at the caravan and drank loads. Was a really good weekend.

And today, back to reality.........................yuk.

Theresa
Old Aug 8th 2005, 7:01 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Well, it was all a big secret, he would not tell me anything which is very unlike him, he is like a big kid and is usually dying to give me a few clues.

Anyway, we dropped the girls at my parents on Saturday morning because he told me to be ready for 11am and no later. Anyway 11am arrives and he says shall we have a cup of tea (while he is trying to watch the cricket)!!! He said we had a bit of time to spare so as we are drinking tea, my friend and her husband arrive to say happy birthday and arrive with card and pressie, it was a beautiful necklace with big blue/silver heart. Like the one from Titanic my eldest said!

They came in and wanted to see the Venture pictures we had collected in the week. Then my friend says they should go because they were holding us up but as they went out to their car, Steve grabbed our bags and put them into their boot !!!???***

'What's happening, why are you doing that?' They just all laughed at me and told me to get into the car. So they had planned and schemed all week between them.

Anyway we stopped for lunch at the Fishermans Cott at Bickleigh nr Tiverton. One of my favourite places, to eat or stay. 3 large glasses of wine and I was almost ready for a nap. Then we went to their static caravan, nr Lyme Regis. We had a brilliant time, nothing fancy, just a night at the site clubhouse, did the raffle, played the quiz, played connect 4 back at the caravan and drank loads. Was a really good weekend.

And today, back to reality.........................yuk.

Theresa
Sounds like you had a fab time. Glad you enjoyed it bet it reminds you of why you fell in love with him and married him.

mandi x
Old Aug 9th 2005, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dazlin
What is the recomended BMI for going to Oz?
Thanks
Julie

Hi there Julie

Don't know what is recomended BMI for Oz but you may find this useful:-

<18.5 = underweight
18.5 - 24.9 = normal
25.0 - 29.9 = overweight
30.0 - 39.9 = obese
39+ = dangerously obese

(My children very kindly bought me a BMI calculator for my birthday!!!)

Theresa
Old Aug 9th 2005, 4:53 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Happy belated birthday to you Theresa - sounds like you had a nice weekend away too.

Well done to Lynn - another 2.5lbs lost. You are very inspiring, I have been determined to stick to the straight and narrow this week.

I have been quite busy this week, having a good clear out and a good clean while I am at it. Hopefully that will have burned a few calories!

I made it to the gym on Monday too, quite enjoyed it, pushed myself a bit harder and managed to get 10 seconds off my 1km time. Not quite up to some standards but I am getting there. After my workout I went to try out the new bit in the spa that the gym is attached to - i had a complimentary pass. It was fab, there is a sauna, crystal steam room, salt steam room, ice cave, hydrotherapy pool and a sanarium plus some other bits. What a nice way to pass an hour.

It is weigh in day tomorrow and I think I have been good enough to expect a loss of 2 - 3 lbs (please) as long as I don't eat too much tonight. Steak and salad are planned but you never know.

I have assembled all the parts for the visa application apart from a reference from hubbys company. He has sent it to his department manager for him to print on headed paper and sign and as soon as it comes back it is going via DHL to OZ :scared: .

Hubby is going to San Diego on the 28th Aug till 2nd Sep for a conference, and I am going with him!!! We are going business class, the company are paying for his ticket and I have managed to get a really good deal for my ticket. The hotel the conference is in have brilliant facilities (gym, sauna, spa etc) so while he is busy I am sure I will find something to keep me occupied. Oh, the kids are going to my mothers for a week so I will be able to do what I want without worrying them.

Anyway, time to go and prepare my salad to go with the steak.

Take care all

Shirley
Old Aug 9th 2005, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Shirley - a week without the kids in a fab hotel !! Enjoy yourself !!

Glad you had a good time Theresa - would love to see the photos sometime. Am still trying to persuade Paul to have some taken but he sees the cost and flatly says 'no'. Perhaps I could lose the weight then try and persuade him by saying the photos would encourage me to keep the weight off !!

Diet going ok, only one bag of sweets in six days which is a miracle for me but did have some buttons and a double decker today. Must go to weigh in tomorrow, only one more week until my holiday and still 12lbs to go :scared: Think it's time to admit defeat
Old Aug 9th 2005, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Shirley have a brill time honey.

Wish I was you lol

I have eaten the world today. I have had an Indian and a scone and Jam I don't even like scones!

Oh well weight in tommorrow, I got away with it last week and didn't put anything on but this week..........................................well who knows.

Wonder how Binbird is and Teach.
Hugs Lace x
Old Aug 9th 2005, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Hi all

Happy belated birthday to you Theresa - sounds like you had a nice weekend away too.

Well done to Lynn - another 2.5lbs lost. You are very inspiring, I have been determined to stick to the straight and narrow this week.

I have been quite busy this week, having a good clear out and a good clean while I am at it. Hopefully that will have burned a few calories!

I made it to the gym on Monday too, quite enjoyed it, pushed myself a bit harder and managed to get 10 seconds off my 1km time. Not quite up to some standards but I am getting there. After my workout I went to try out the new bit in the spa that the gym is attached to - i had a complimentary pass. It was fab, there is a sauna, crystal steam room, salt steam room, ice cave, hydrotherapy pool and a sanarium plus some other bits. What a nice way to pass an hour.

It is weigh in day tomorrow and I think I have been good enough to expect a loss of 2 - 3 lbs (please) as long as I don't eat too much tonight. Steak and salad are planned but you never know.

I have assembled all the parts for the visa application apart from a reference from hubbys company. He has sent it to his department manager for him to print on headed paper and sign and as soon as it comes back it is going via DHL to OZ :scared: .

Hubby is going to San Diego on the 28th Aug till 2nd Sep for a conference, and I am going with him!!! We are going business class, the company are paying for his ticket and I have managed to get a really good deal for my ticket. The hotel the conference is in have brilliant facilities (gym, sauna, spa etc) so while he is busy I am sure I will find something to keep me occupied. Oh, the kids are going to my mothers for a week so I will be able to do what I want without worrying them.

Anyway, time to go and prepare my salad to go with the steak.

Take care all

Shirley
Wow Shirley, you have a great time.

Theresa
Old Aug 9th 2005, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ohippy
Well done Shirley - a week without the kids in a fab hotel !! Enjoy yourself !!

Glad you had a good time Theresa - would love to see the photos sometime. Am still trying to persuade Paul to have some taken but he sees the cost and flatly says 'no'. Perhaps I could lose the weight then try and persuade him by saying the photos would encourage me to keep the weight off !!

Diet going ok, only one bag of sweets in six days which is a miracle for me but did have some buttons and a double decker today. Must go to weigh in tomorrow, only one more week until my holiday and still 12lbs to go :scared: Think it's time to admit defeat
Hi there Heather

You are doing well cutting out your fave Haribo, one bag in six days!!! And you are welcome to see the photos anytime, some of them are absolutely fantastic, if you are ever passing, let me know.

Am sorry to hear about the TRA application, I hope you manage to get things sorted. I know what you mean about them copying your example. We supplied the same example to all of Steve's ex-employers but luckily they didn't copy 'copy' them. Some went to town and others didn't. Therefore no similarities in them. I am sure you will get it sorted, it just delays things for a while.

Theresa
Old Aug 9th 2005, 7:12 pm
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lacey21
Hey I'm at weight watchers,
keep in there, you can do it. It is so...... easy to put on weight and very difficult to get off. This I have found is gods sick joke! Just like winning the lotto lol.
I am in Jeans now. I can't move or sit down but hey I am in them, haven't been in them for two years.
lace
Hey Lacey.

I used to be a Weightwatchers Leader.

I have now joined a gym . I only swim - but its great for toning up and a good stress buster after a day as an Expat wannabee!

L-j

Dont forget that coffee when I get back!
Old Aug 9th 2005, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby's been too tired every night to look at revising statements so I sat down last night and had a go at two. He then came along and said that they were complete rubbish and I would have to leave them to him !! So much appreciation - left to him and we'd still be here in 20 years time with him promising to do it tomorrow.

I find it soooooo annoying that it's him we have to rely on to get to Oz which in turn makes me angry and then I want to eat We're off on holiday next week so, if not done by then, it'll be September and nothing will still be done. House is due on the market beginning of February so we could be in the position that we've sold the house but still not got a TRA let alone a visa.

Anyone got a mallet ?
Old Aug 10th 2005, 2:34 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

Lacey - in jeans - way to go girl - i am also in jeans (but only cos I bought a bigger size LOL)

Chippy - I know what you are going through, I have had to bite my tongue so many times when my other half has gone fishing instead of getting stuff sorted for the application. In the end I made a list of what needed doing and bargained with him that if he did one thing off the list he could go fishing. As I said to him, it's not just me that will benefit from the forms getting done, we all will, and the sooner we do it the sooner he can have his boat!!

Oh and by the way girls, my bathroom that he fitted at Easter is now complete! He finished the grouting put the coving up and also put the new shelf in last weekend.

I have just had a horrible morning.

I was all set to go and get weighed and then go to the gym when the phone rang.

The phone rang, the travel agent I booked my ticket through yesterday called to say she had got it wrong and I my stay in the states needed to include a saturday night to get the good price she quoted me. Well, that gave me a bit of a headache to say the least! Options appeared to be

1. Fly out a day earlier than Steve and stay overnight on my own (not likely)

2. Pay about £1000 to change his ticket as we had a non flexible one

3. Pay an awful lot more for the seat I had booked.

I insisted that it was their fault the computer hadn't told her this at the time I booked it, I called them back twice to make sure we had the same dates and flights as the girl booking my husband's flight, so it was her problem and she should sort it out!!

She said she would look at changing hubbys dates as she had contacts at BA, so I told her to have a go. I also told her we had already booked the hotel for the Sunday night not the Saturday. She said the company would sort that out too!

Meanwhile middle child told me he could hear "purring" in his roof . His room is in the extension and there is no access to the space above it so I had to go outside and look. Well, it was only a flipping wasps nest in the eaves :scared: . Phoned the council and they were here within an hour. cost me £38 for the priviledge of getting some wasps murdered, but well worth it.

Travel agent phoned me back to tell me that Steve's flight had already been changed, so I called his company's flight booker only for her to tell me she thought I had wanted the saturday booking all along. It turns out I would have been flying on my own anyway if the travel agent hadn't had to change my flight! What a completly frustrating morning.

anyway, went and got weighed and I have lost 3lbs, hopefully I am now on the right track and I plan to keep going.

Off I went to the gym to have a nice workout. Got on the treamill intending to do 2kms today, after a km I had to give up as I had cramp in my feet. I never get cramp, and in my feet too. It was so painful.

I did go and do all my other exercises though, and I tried to get back on the treadmill at the end of that, but it was no good. I am going to have a swim tomorrow to make up though, and I am going to get back on there on Friday morning.

Off to do the ironing now, oh deep joy.

Take care all

Shirley
Old Aug 10th 2005, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
Hi all you weight loss people. I admire your efforts. I am about to give it a go too.

I just found a fab website that you all might be interested in (you might have already seen it but its new to me!) some fantastic recipes and free advice in there.

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/

Good luck to you all.

Ahh well, i guess you've all heard about it then. Never mind.

A hello would have been nice though
Old Aug 10th 2005, 4:49 am
Where I want to be

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
Ahh well, i guess you've all heard about it then. Never mind.

A hello would have been nice though

Hello

sorry, had lots going on, but we usually do say hi to any new bods on this thread, it was an oversight if we failed to welcome you

Please come and talk to us again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.