Wikiposts

Dieter's for OZ

Old Aug 10th 2005, 5:28 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Hi guys

Lacey - in jeans - way to go girl - i am also in jeans (but only cos I bought a bigger size LOL)

Chippy - I know what you are going through, I have had to bite my tongue so many times when my other half has gone fishing instead of getting stuff sorted for the application. In the end I made a list of what needed doing and bargained with him that if he did one thing off the list he could go fishing. As I said to him, it's not just me that will benefit from the forms getting done, we all will, and the sooner we do it the sooner he can have his boat!!

Oh and by the way girls, my bathroom that he fitted at Easter is now complete! He finished the grouting put the coving up and also put the new shelf in last weekend.

I have just had a horrible morning.

I was all set to go and get weighed and then go to the gym when the phone rang.

The phone rang, the travel agent I booked my ticket through yesterday called to say she had got it wrong and I my stay in the states needed to include a saturday night to get the good price she quoted me. Well, that gave me a bit of a headache to say the least! Options appeared to be

1. Fly out a day earlier than Steve and stay overnight on my own (not likely)

2. Pay about £1000 to change his ticket as we had a non flexible one

3. Pay an awful lot more for the seat I had booked.

I insisted that it was their fault the computer hadn't told her this at the time I booked it, I called them back twice to make sure we had the same dates and flights as the girl booking my husband's flight, so it was her problem and she should sort it out!!

She said she would look at changing hubbys dates as she had contacts at BA, so I told her to have a go. I also told her we had already booked the hotel for the Sunday night not the Saturday. She said the company would sort that out too!

Meanwhile middle child told me he could hear "purring" in his roof . His room is in the extension and there is no access to the space above it so I had to go outside and look. Well, it was only a flipping wasps nest in the eaves :scared: . Phoned the council and they were here within an hour. cost me £38 for the priviledge of getting some wasps murdered, but well worth it.

Travel agent phoned me back to tell me that Steve's flight had already been changed, so I called his company's flight booker only for her to tell me she thought I had wanted the saturday booking all along. It turns out I would have been flying on my own anyway if the travel agent hadn't had to change my flight! What a completly frustrating morning.

anyway, went and got weighed and I have lost 3lbs, hopefully I am now on the right track and I plan to keep going.

Off I went to the gym to have a nice workout. Got on the treamill intending to do 2kms today, after a km I had to give up as I had cramp in my feet. I never get cramp, and in my feet too. It was so painful.

I did go and do all my other exercises though, and I tried to get back on the treadmill at the end of that, but it was no good. I am going to have a swim tomorrow to make up though, and I am going to get back on there on Friday morning.

Off to do the ironing now, oh deep joy.

Take care all

Shirley
Shirley - well bloody done!!!!!!! 3lbs is excellent - you keep it up and you will be there in no time! My class manager says we should aim to lose 7lbs a month so you are well on track for that - its amazing that i can take less than a year to shed a lot of stones.

Proud of you!

Lynn x
Old Aug 10th 2005, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
Ahh well, i guess you've all heard about it then. Never mind.

A hello would have been nice though
Hi and welome - I only come on this thread every few days.....tinternet been playing up and NTL engineer coming tomorrow as its been on and off all day.

Weblink actually quite good and I have saved it to my favs. Don't be upset that nobody said hello - its getting hard keeping up with everyone posting now - there are 140 pages!!!!!!!!!!

Tell us a bit more about yourself,

Lynn
Old Aug 10th 2005, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Hello

sorry, had lots going on, but we usually do say hi to any new bods on this thread, it was an oversight if we failed to welcome you

Please come and talk to us again

Thanks for that. Sorry for what i said.

I'm just feeling pretty sh*tty at the moment and feeling sorry for myself. Its the middle of the night and i been up sick (think i might have food poisoning)
But compared to the poor woman with the breast cancer i shouldnt really complain. So i'll crawl under a stone (quietly)
Old Aug 10th 2005, 5:47 am

I'm just feeling pretty sh*tty at the moment and feeling sorry for myself. Its the middle of the night and i been up sick (think i might have food poisoning)
But compared to the poor woman with the breast cancer i shouldnt really complain. So i'll crawl under a stone (quietly)
Hi hope you are feeling better soon - take it your in Oz then?

Lynn
Old Aug 10th 2005, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Hi hope you are feeling better soon - take it your in Oz then?

Lynn
Thankyou.
I dont do illness very well lol (in fact i'm horrid)
Normally bright and breezy

No not in OZ yet we are in NZ. Should be there either Nov or Jan. Heading to Central Coast.

Ive already lost a bit of weight but fell off the straight and narrow for a while. I am lucky i didn gain anything but still have a fair way to go to get down to what i'll be happy with
Old Aug 10th 2005, 6:08 am

Thankyou.
I dont do illness very well lol (in fact i'm horrid)
Normally bright and breezy

No not in OZ yet we are in NZ. Should be there either Nov or Jan. Heading to Central Coast.

Ive already lost a bit of weight but fell off the straight and narrow for a while. I am lucky i didn gain anything but still have a fair way to go to get down to what i'll be happy with
Well hopefully this thread might motivate you a bit more - we all have days where we are not so good but the proofs in the pudding - you never gained either so you must be doing something right and changing your old eating habits.

Lynn
Old Aug 10th 2005, 7:16 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

It's ok, we all have our off days, you are among friends!
Old Aug 10th 2005, 7:24 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Shirley - well bloody done!!!!!!! 3lbs is excellent - you keep it up and you will be there in no time! My class manager says we should aim to lose 7lbs a month so you are well on track for that - its amazing that i can take less than a year to shed a lot of stones.

Proud of you!

Lynn x
Thanks Lynn

Feeling pretty good about it today. You are my inspiration, you are doing so well.
Old Aug 10th 2005, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Shirley - what a day, you deserve that 3lb loss - well done !!

Hate wasps myself. Got caught in the car in a swarm they kept flying in circles in a mass like a tornado - never been so scared in all my life !! :scared:

Today has been a mini miracle, I lost half a pound at my official weigh in, which, considering I chickened out last week as I know I'd gained 4lb, really means a 4.5 lb loss hehehe. Our leader told us she was leaving tonight and we aren't meeting next week and then I'm on hol so I have to be careful I don't get my head into 'I don't give a stuff' mode.

Also - hubby actually started work on the visa statements. We've just had a row as his english is bad and I don't understand what he's written but am expected to type it up but hey, its a start. Going to mail the wording to the agent for agreement before we start the long process of getting the employers to type, copy and certify all over again. I want this to be the last time !! I know you're with me in spirit Shirley, I remember your support when I wanted to bury him under the patio ! if only, eh ?!
Old Aug 10th 2005, 7:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done guys and I know how you feel I stayed the same this week but I am glad about that cos I have pigged. Anyway ohippy, I understand about the husband I have one who is just the same. He can't get excited about Australia and even my little lad is getting hacked off at the mention of it so last night I said, Right, what if we go over and have a reccie. 'Errrr, yeah, money and all that SO I found some cheap flights and we might be going over before we put in the application. Just to show them what they are getting excited about lol.

The flights are not bad, they are with Malaysian Airlines and are costing about £2000 for 3 of us. We have to have a stop over night though in Kala lumpa (Oh I can't spell that!)

What do you rec, should we stay or should we go, hey! we know a song about that don't we lol lol

Hugs Lace x
Old Aug 10th 2005, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lacey21
Well done guys and I know how you feel I stayed the same this week but I am glad about that cos I have pigged. Anyway ohippy, I understand about the husband I have one who is just the same. He can't get excited about Australia and even my little lad is getting hacked off at the mention of it so last night I said, Right, what if we go over and have a reccie. 'Errrr, yeah, money and all that SO I found some cheap flights and we might be going over before we put in the application. Just to show them what they are getting excited about lol.

The flights are not bad, they are with Malaysian Airlines and are costing about £2000 for 3 of us. We have to have a stop over night though in Kala lumpa (Oh I can't spell that!)

What do you rec, should we stay or should we go, hey! we know a song about that don't we lol lol

Hugs Lace x
If you've got the money I'd do it Lace. I wasn't bothered about a reccie but hubby wanted to so we went last August (left the kids at home). It was winter and really bad weather but he loved it all the same and it did fire him up - just imagine what he'd be like if we hadn't gone !! So I say ' YES' !! Just take your L-5HTP tablets and you won't have jet lag so will be able to make the most of your time.

Heather
Old Aug 11th 2005, 4:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Take me what tablets Heather!

We are deffo looking at it but apparently you can't put your visa in while you are in Australia so that will have to wait till we come back. We are hoping to go either wait for it..........................22 Aug or in Sep / Oct sometime. I don't like flying so I will be on the Kalms tablets lol
Any suggestions would be great. as soon as we say we are going the diet is on properly lol
Lace x
Old Aug 11th 2005, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lacey21
Take me what tablets Heather!

We are deffo looking at it but apparently you can't put your visa in while you are in Australia so that will have to wait till we come back. We are hoping to go either wait for it..........................22 Aug or in Sep / Oct sometime. I don't like flying so I will be on the Kalms tablets lol
Any suggestions would be great. as soon as we say we are going the diet is on properly lol
Lace x
The L-5HTP tablets supress your appetite too Lace !! I only put on 2lbs in our fortnight trip where we ate out for three meals every single day ! Pricey, but worth it for no jet lag and no weight gain

We flew with Singapore airlines and I felt humungous - the air stewards are stick insects !!
Old Aug 11th 2005, 8:06 am
Where I want to be

Originally Posted by ohippy
The L-5HTP tablets supress your appetite too Lace !! I only put on 2lbs in our fortnight trip where we ate out for three meals every single day ! Pricey, but worth it for no jet lag and no weight gain

We flew with Singapore airlines and I felt humungous - the air stewards are stick insects !!

Ok - need to know where I can get these for my US trip. The meals over there are huge. That is however, if BA ever get in the air again! :scared:
Old Aug 11th 2005, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Why what has happened to BA?
Ohhhh Scared!!!!
Lace x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.