Wikiposts

Dieter's for OZ

Old Jul 25th 2005, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Well done Shirley for getting on the horse - must have been nerve wracking for you, bet your heart was pounding !!

Lace - never heard of those crisps - are they low fat/calories ? Will have to look out for them.

Been good most of today - but just found a mini bag of haribo whilst clearing out the kids bedroom and devoured them !! Whoops
Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:25 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Evening all

I have been itching to get on here all day but we seem to have had problems with broad band again (either that or my computer is dying a slow death and after it's "cruise" to Australia it will give up completely)

Monday weigh in and I have lost 2 lbs which, considering it is time of the month plus the fact that I have eaten a whole box of ferrero rocher to myself since Thursday, is unbelievable. But, I guess it is what stress does to you.

Tonight is the girls last night in the house - they are being "shipped off" to the grandparents tomorrow teatime as the shippers are due here at 8am on Wednesday morning. We had a get together at a local pub between 6-8pm (about 60 adults and children) so the girls feel now that they have had their leaving party but to me it just feels odd as we don't actually leave the country for almost another 5 weeks.

I feel as though I have been having palpitations since Saturday! My mind and body just feel as though they are constantly whirring at some inhuman pace! I think I will definitely be grateful for our holiday in Mauritius......

Shirley - well done for getting on that horse! I want to take this up when I get to Australia - didn't get the opportunity to ride much as a child but have always wanted to learn. And btw, I am throwing my iron away tomorrow!

Lace - Are the jumpys the ones that taste like hula hoops? If so, we are quite partial to them in our house! (And the haribo as you know Heather!)

Right - just a quick catch up on all the other threads and then time to shut down my brain for the night (so that it can whir away again tomorrow!)

Binbird
Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:30 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by binbird
Evening all

I have been itching to get on here all day but we seem to have had problems with broad band again (either that or my computer is dying a slow death and after it's "cruise" to Australia it will give up completely)

Monday weigh in and I have lost 2 lbs which, considering it is time of the month plus the fact that I have eaten a whole box of ferrero rocher to myself since Thursday, is unbelievable. But, I guess it is what stress does to you.

Tonight is the girls last night in the house - they are being "shipped off" to the grandparents tomorrow teatime as the shippers are due here at 8am on Wednesday morning. We had a get together at a local pub between 6-8pm (about 60 adults and children) so the girls feel now that they have had their leaving party but to me it just feels odd as we don't actually leave the country for almost another 5 weeks.

I feel as though I have been having palpitations since Saturday! My mind and body just feel as though they are constantly whirring at some inhuman pace! I think I will definitely be grateful for our holiday in Mauritius......

Shirley - well done for getting on that horse! I want to take this up when I get to Australia - didn't get the opportunity to ride much as a child but have always wanted to learn. And btw, I am throwing my iron away tomorrow!

Lace - Are the jumpys the ones that taste like hula hoops? If so, we are quite partial to them in our house! (And the haribo as you know Heather!)

Right - just a quick catch up on all the other threads and then time to shut down my brain for the night (so that it can whir away again tomorrow!)

Binbird
You must be getting so excited now Binbird!!!!??? I'm excited for you now!

Your weight will soon stabilise in Mauritius - you will be looking great for your holiday and the foods lovely too - are you all inclusive? If so mmmmmm cocktails!

Good luck for when the packers come on Wednesday! Our 2 days with Crown packing went smoothly - just pack the kettle last and make them rolls and sausages etc. Keeps them happy!

Lynn xxx
Old Jul 25th 2005, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Quick question Binbird - if you're shipping your stuff now - what are you going to do for the next few weeks without it ?

I know we aren't anywhere near that stage - but trying to work out when best to ship and what to do in meantime is a thought I have frequently !!

Anyway - all the best for the packing, hope your farewell party wasn't too teary and congrats on your 2lb loss - not surprising really with all you have on - hope it works for me too when we get to that stage !!

As some of you may know I have had a few problems with hubby as he has been up and down about Oz so it was left that we would go for visa and then make a decision (giving me time to work on him).
Well, yesterday he came home and said he'd bought a full size jukebox for our games room in Oz !! It's being delivered Friday and there really isn't anywhere for it to go as I've also bought a full size table football in the sale which is being delivered the same day. Looks like we lose the living room.
When I asked him where this stuff would go if we didn't move to Oz - he was very definite that we would be going so long as we could get a visa - so I'm really excited - looks like he's finally made his mind up - yippeee !!! Just wish I oculd jump in Binbirds suitcases - I quite fancy a holiday in Mauritius !
Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:07 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ohippy
Quick question Binbird - if you're shipping your stuff now - what are you going to do for the next few weeks without it ?

I know we aren't anywhere near that stage - but trying to work out when best to ship and what to do in meantime is a thought I have frequently!
Hiya ohippy,
As you know our stuff was packed up a few weeks ago now, mind you not sure why as it doesn't look like we are going anywhere soon, (still waiting to hear) but we made a decision to only take personal stuff. I have packed a few of my fav cooking stuff but the rest we are leaving behind. Our theory was that we would need to buy new to see us through until our stuff arrived so why not buy all new and save on shipping. Good in theory but in practise, who knows.
Love and hugs
Sarah
Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:41 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by teach
Hiya ohippy,
As you know our stuff was packed up a few weeks ago now, mind you not sure why as it doesn't look like we are going anywhere soon, (still waiting to hear) but we made a decision to only take personal stuff. I have packed a few of my fav cooking stuff but the rest we are leaving behind. Our theory was that we would need to buy new to see us through until our stuff arrived so why not buy all new and save on shipping. Good in theory but in practise, who knows.
Love and hugs
Sarah
Over the weekend I read through the first 40 pages of this thread Couldn't cope with any morein the end. Anyway, at the beginning to talked about having a trampette. Do you still have it? Has it worked? Would you recommend it?

Anne
Old Jul 26th 2005, 12:38 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ohippy

I know we aren't anywhere near that stage - but trying to work out when best to ship and what to do in meantime is a thought I have frequently !!

Anyway - all the best for the packing, hope your farewell party wasn't too teary and congrats on your 2lb loss - not surprising really with all you have on - hope it works for me too when we get to that stage !!

Going mad is the obvious answer isn't it?! Actually, we have got 30kg luggage allowance each with Air Mauritius so have managed to pack a fair bit of "vital equipment"! lol And what with my sister in law leaving just over a month ago we were able to include some of our more important stuff in her shipment so that should be available for us as soon as we touch down in Oz.

We are spending the next 5 weeks with various relatives, starting off with Andy's parents, my uncle in Hereford and finally with my Mum and Stepdad, with the odd day or two here and there in between as well. Nothing is defiinite so when we have had long enough in one spot we will move on!

Just cooked my last family meal in our house! Good old Toad in the Hole! Oops - what diet?!

Back to my piles now! :scared:

Binbird
Old Jul 26th 2005, 5:57 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

Yes I was terrified as I sat on that horse, got a bit worse when she spooked at something, but I held on and I am intending to do it again this Friday. Thanks for all your kind words.

Binbird - I am so jealous of you - no, not the fact you are nearly ready to leave these shores, more the fact you have thrown away your iron!!!! I have been trying to do a bit each day, it deoesn't help - I still hate it. LOL

I am due to have a weigh in tomorrow - I am not confident, it is that time of the month, I have eaten really badly this week. I haven't been to the gym since Friday. Was too busy watching the horse whisperer yesterday, and today I woke up in agony. But I have been and bought a proper pair of running trainers as my ankles were hurting with the others I had and I am intending to go tomorrow once the teenager's wrist has been re-plastered!

I am enjoying it more than I ever thought i would, but I did think it would have helped me lose weight, still it is only 2 weeks so I will be more patient. And of course I need to eat properly!

Oh well, I have some more ironing to do.

Take care all

Shirley
Old Jul 26th 2005, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Hi guys

I am due to have a weigh in tomorrow - I am not confident, it is that time of the month, I have eaten really badly this week. I haven't been to the gym since Friday. Was too busy watching the horse whisperer yesterday, and today I woke up in agony. But I have been and bought a proper pair of running trainers as my ankles were hurting with the others I had and I am intending to go tomorrow once the teenager's wrist has been re-plastered!

I am enjoying it more than I ever thought i would, but I did think it would have helped me lose weight, still it is only 2 weeks so I will be more patient. And of course I need to eat properly!

Shirley
I have to say Shirley, that for two years I ran and didn't lose any weight at all. I can only guess that I must have eaten a bit more to make up for what I was burning off (although I had to run for 20mins just to lose a packet of crisps). I was a bit like you - always had to better what I did before so think I must have bypassed the 'fat burning' stage and ended up in the 'increased appetite once finished' stage. I tried to run at a slower pace but couldn't do it so now just do classes - only one is high cardio the others are low cardio and resistance so don't increase my appetite.

Not working at the mo tho - need to actually get to the gym, am only managing once a week am so tired. Still, off to docs tomorrow, have had a sore throat for months and need to get it sorted so I can get back to diet and fitness.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 6:33 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Back to my piles now! :scared:

Binbird[/QUOTE]
you can get some good creams for them now
Old Jul 26th 2005, 9:45 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Over the weekend I read through the first 40 pages of this thread Couldn't cope with any morein the end. Anyway, at the beginning to talked about having a trampette. Do you still have it? Has it worked? Would you recommend it?

Anne
Hi Anne,
Yes it did work, well at least I think it did, lol. I was definitely toning up legs but apart from that the only other sign was that I was sweaty and knackered so must have been doing something.
Sarah
Old Jul 26th 2005, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

good morning everyone

Don't know about this Piles thing lol
I am back to weight watchers today so here I come with a new hope in my heart. I have stopped multi tasking 17,0000 things now and I am only down to a million lol

seeing the migration agent on sat so hopefully he will have some good news for me fingers crossed.
lace x
Old Jul 26th 2005, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Hi everybody

I can safely say I am back on the wagon (dieters wagon). Did my first workout yesterday in about 3 weeks, struggled a bit but felt so good afterwards. Eating is more under control now aswell, apart from a couple of glasses of wine last night but I had a stressful day. We had 2 agents arranged to view our property and about 2 hours before they were due, I noticed some yellow/brown stains on our ceiling. Water tank was leaking so had mad emergency on our hands. Anyway we managed to get it sorted.

Mel, thanks for the size of containers.

Heather, hope you get sorted at doctors with your throat.

Sarah, thanks for the emails, one made me shriek and the other made me shriek !!!

Lace, good luck with your agent on Saturday.

Binbird, hope all goes smoothly with your packing/shipping.

Lynn, keep up the good work.

Shirley, enjoy the horses.

Mandi, nice to see you back on here as a regular poster.

Well, my heavily pregnant sister called me on Friday night 11pm and asked me how can you tell the difference between labour pains and Braxton Hicks?
She is 36 weeks pregnant, was having quite bad pains every 5 minutes and had been having them for about an hour. I said she should phone the hospital but would probably have to go in because myself and my mum have had very quick births. (My last one was 1 hour 20 minutes).

Anyway she went in and the pains continued through the night and all day Saturday and through the night again. They stopped on Sunday morning. Her blood pressure had rose and she is very swollen/fluidy. I received news yesterday that they will probably attempt to break her waters today because she is now borderline with pre-eclampsia. So my baby sister is going to become a mum at some point today. I am sure she will be glad when it is all over. By the way, she said on the way to the hospital Friday night to her husband 'never again'!!!. And that was only at the beginning. Aaaah.

Anyway, must dash, things to do, places to go
Theresa
Old Jul 26th 2005, 8:11 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Theresa,
Glad you've got your water tank sorted, that happened to us with our boiler! we ended up having to have anew combi boiler at around £2000, the old one was only about 5 years old! anyway it worked out ok in the end as I have now got a very large airing cupboard where the hot water tank used to be. Still can't sell the house though!
Also well done on getting back on the wagon, it just keeps going past me and not stopping to let me on

Hope everything goes ok with your sister, I'm sure once she's had the baby she'll forget everything! does she know whether she's having a boy or a girl?

Anyway better dash as I've promised to take youngest to town to an open day at wWoolworth's they've been closed for over a week refurbishing!

Bye for now

Mandi xx
Old Jul 26th 2005, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well done Theresa for getting back on that wagon. I fell with a thud yesterday - ate a big bag of haribo followed by a big bag of revels as was feeling so crap. :scared:

Good news is that the doc reckons I may have glandular fever, so now have penicillin and a blood test booked for Monday. Would be good to get my health back - I always eat tonnes when I'm tired and feeling ill - probably why I've been really struggling with my weight loss the last few months - I've had this now since April !

Heather

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.