Dieter's for OZ

Old Mar 30th 2005, 6:49 am
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Yeah but where's the 'mayo' in the mayo diet!!!!!??????????? Thats what I want to know!!!

I'm the same as you Lace - ww works fine for me!

Lynn

OOOOh German mayo with chips
Old Mar 30th 2005, 6:57 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
Hi eveyone

Confused of lincoln here, followed programme one very small blip 1 1/2 points over for the week and put on 1/2 lb, weighed and measured like a demon even managed to pull back the mini eggs mother thrust in my face.

So have had 2 points chopped off my daily allowance, which puts me on the same amount of points I was on last time and I lost weight then, just this new system gave me more points and like most people I used them.

The other big differance is that this time I allowed my self to use bread for sandwichs etc whilst last time, I did not eat it at all, have noticed this before, if I eat bread/toast etc after abstaining I bloat up like a zepplin and feel unwell, last time felt so much better, so am going to cut out the bread and balance it with other carbs rice pasta cereal etc which seems to cause me no problem. Think that maybe it always affects me, but just put it down to feeling blah all the time.

Threw a wobbly (in more ways than one) at the scales this morning, you know how it feels when you know you have been good (self righteousness indignation) and one of the weighers remarked 'feeling a little despondant are we dear?' Just like I was a child, I was so annoyed my reply was 'no remarkably pissed off actually' her face was a picture poor love! obviously to genteel for me.

well got that off my chest will try harder, but go to teneriffe on friday for a week, so thought is: try and be sensible for breakfast and lunch enjoy dinner and drink diet coke (not such a hardship for me) and have a couple of nights on the bacardi's. Anyone got any other ways of doing it.

Thank you for listening feel much better now

Nicky
Hi Nicky,
Don't get fed up chick. I also gained 1/2lb again this week but then I deserved it. I stopped going to weight watchers and invested in a decent set of scales instead. I just don't think counting points like that works for me.
I agree totally with what you say about bread, if I have it, I'm moody, tired and bloat up. When I was doing Atkins I found out that I had a yeast and wheat intollerance. I cut out all things with yeast in them and for the first time in about 5 years I was able to stop taking the cranbery tablets which stopped me getting water infections and thrush. I know if I have too many things with yeast in them now as the top inside bit of my ear starts itching like mad, another sympton I had before cutting out the yeast but I put it down to excema or shampoo.
Cutting out the wheat is harder to do as it's in bread, pasta, cereals, flour etc. Just by limiting amounts, ie no bread, I have a flatter stomach and feel so much better.
As for you hols, I revert back to Akins for mine. It's great because you can eat salads, lots of meat, cheese, olives, sundried toms with the occasional treat. I find it works wonders, after 2 weeks in Malta eating Atkins style, lounging on the beach and having a jolly good drink, I only gained 2lb. My advice, if you can't enjoy yourself, don't go. Holidays are a luxury that we work very hard for, whatever you try to do diet wise, just enjoy the holdiay. You can always work a bit harder when you come back.
Whatever happens, have a great time. I'm so jealous.
Big hugs
Sarah
Old Mar 30th 2005, 7:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Dieter's for OZ

Guys I'm off to weigth watcherssee you in a bit and I'll tell you the thng that makes me bloated and anxious.
Joining the pledge to go to Australia lol.
I am sooooo nasty now to every one you wont believe it.
see ya ina bit guys
lace ;(
Old Mar 30th 2005, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Ah Nicky, sorry to hear about your gain. I can understand your frustration. I know loads of people who have had this happen to them but they found if they stuck to the diet for another week then they had a substantial loss the next week. Have a great holiday though. I could do with a bit of sun after all this rain !

All the best Lace for weigh in. I'm off tonight but have the munchies today. Feel that pick n mix calling ! Let us know asap how you got on !

Heather
Old Mar 30th 2005, 8:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok guys I put on a pound but I gained a job!
Yipee another job for the buisness good eh!
Right got to go and kick arse on this diet.
SHOPPING......................................
lol
lace
Old Mar 30th 2005, 9:45 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lacey21
Ok guys I put on a pound but I gained a job!
Yipee another job for the buisness good eh!
Right got to go and kick arse on this diet.
SHOPPING......................................
lol
lace
It's just a lb Lace and I'm sure you will be back on a roll next week. I can't keep up with you and your jobs, lol.
Sarah
Old Mar 30th 2005, 10:29 am
Loving it in Bundy

Hi Peeps,
Just joined http://www.ivillage.co.uk worth a look for anyone interested in Gi Dieting. Loads of info and a discussion forum too.
Sarah
Old Mar 30th 2005, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

KayCee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Another new dieter would like to join your thread please? I joined Slimming World last July. I quit smoking about 2 years ago and just carried on eating as normal and put on about 2 stone.

So far, I've lost only 12 pounds which should have been more, but I do get side tracked easily! (Mum joined at the same time and she's lost 1st 10). Got myself motivated again last week and lost 2 pounds. It sounds very different to WW as I seem to be able to eat most things (ok not chocolate and crisps!)

I've found that Mullerlight LemonCheesecake is only 0.5 syns and is a very good subsitute for chocolate! And I can have more. Also I love eating my jacket potatoes, beans and cheese on a green day (carbs on green, almost veggie and meat based on red.)

I get weighed in on Mondays which i feel is a bad day as it is just after the weekend. To the lady who didn't like her consultant, leave as you're paying to go and enjoy yourself they are being paid to help you and motivate you!

Anyway, off to lunch, fish and veg (steamed and I'm into steaming everything at the moment. Feel sorry for other half!!)

KayCee
Old Mar 30th 2005, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice
Red face Re: Dieter's for OZ

The main reasons I joined Ediets were:-

1. Weigh-in on-line, good because of lack of time committing myself to a certain time on a certain day. Never know what I am doing.

2 Ready-made meal plans. No counting calories, points, sins, must-haves. Makes life a lot easier for me. Also you can edit your meals to recur or change them to something else on the list.

3. Shopping list provided with your meal plan.

4. Noticing the difference after a week, feeling better, lost that sluggish feeling quite quickly. More energy.

So why am I finding it so difficult to get back on it, I have been messing around now for a year and I am really fed up with hearing myself saying 'I'll start again on Monday'.

I actually sent my comments in to the Ediets Customer Support today so it will be interesting to see if they come back to me. I basically said that Australia should be motivation in itself and that I wasn't setting a very good example to the children.

On the other hand I did feel the same about myself with smoking, I got to a point where I was fed up of saying 'I'll give up again on Monday'. Thought I sounded like a broken record. Anyway gave up 7 years ago now.

I do think that since giving up smoking I have developed 'taste'. I was never a big eater as a child and I am certainly making up for it now. I enjoy food now and I eat more and I am less active, therefore the weight has started to creep on.

Oh dear, I am waffling now....

Theresa
Old Mar 30th 2005, 12:37 pm

tosh27 is on a distinguished road

Steve Irwin puts the Aussie accent on, he's really Welsh and smokes crack with his mother, who he doesn't realize has been dead for months.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 12:40 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Lace Well done girl for going out there and creating opportunities for yourself.
And remember it's only a 1lb, it could be water retention or something you ate not agreeing with your metabolism.

KayCee, welcome to a lovely supportive bunch of ladies. And a 12lbs loss is a significant amount, be proud of yourself. I used to go to Slimming World, but stopped going because my mate did and I am ashamed to say I put all my weight back on and a few more lbs beside. I like their principles of not weighing stuff so i am trying to follow their green and original day. If it doesn't work I will go back to them, I am giving it 2 weeks to see if I have the discipline. So far I am on day 2 and it's not too bad. Today is a green day and I am having special fried rice for tea. Not cooked it before so will let you know if it is any good.

Anyway I really should be ironing or some other mundane task that means I can't put naughty things like biscuits in my rather large gob.

See ya's later

Shirley
Old Mar 30th 2005, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

KayCee is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Dieter's for OZ

Originally Posted by ub40fan
KayCee, welcome to a lovely supportive bunch of ladies. And a 12lbs loss is a significant amount, be proud of yourself. I used to go to Slimming World, but stopped going because my mate did and I am ashamed to say I put all my weight back on and a few more lbs beside. I like their principles of not weighing stuff so i am trying to follow their green and original day. If it doesn't work I will go back to them, I am giving it 2 weeks to see if I have the discipline. So far I am on day 2 and it's not too bad. Today is a green day and I am having special fried rice for tea. Not cooked it before so will let you know if it is any good.
Shirley
Thanks for the welcome! I know that recently in one of the Slimming World mags they did a thing on cooking a chinese meal instead of takeaway. I admit I haven't had time to cook it yet, but was meant too! I loved the look of the rice and it seemed so easy too! Some of the receipes in the mag are really easy and tasty, especially if you like pasta! There are loads of deserts too, but I don't tend to make these as I like my mullerlight yoghurts (only 1/2 syn for lemon cheesecake, which is good as I had 2 for lunch!)

If anyone wants the chinese receipes, pm me and I'll send it! (Start looking for it now!)
Old Mar 30th 2005, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

See I've always thought this!
I like it lol
lace
Old Mar 30th 2005, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Cay lee welcome I know I have spelt it wrong sorry, Cheers Shirley love I say sisters are doing it for themselves men are crap cos mine is too old to do it lol. I am wonderwoman. But put me in lycra and you will throw up.
lol lol
lace
Old Mar 30th 2005, 2:19 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Lace Well done girl for going out there and creating opportunities for yourself.
And remember it's only a 1lb, it could be water retention or something you ate not agreeing with your metabolism.

Anyway I really should be ironing or some other mundane task that means I can't put naughty things like biscuits in my rather large gob.

See ya's later

Shirley
Ironing, what's that? Just been and picked mine up. Had a brilliant excuse for shipping it out, iron packed in when we came back from hols. That was 3 months ago and I'm still sending it out, lol. Kim who does it is fab, doesn't matter how much is in bin liner she only charges a fiver and if you give her the hangers she hangs it all too. Lovely stuff, already told Andrew that when we get to Oz I'm having it done there too. Hopefully we'll also get a cleaner, I don't see why I should also work full time and then come home and do all the cooking, cleaning etc.
Anyway back to Dieters for Oz, welcome newbies. You'll get lots of help and more importantly support from us lot on here. Hope you enjoy being part of our little troupe.
Sarah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.