Wikiposts

Dieter's for OZ

Old Mar 31st 2005, 8:39 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Originally Posted by Rooksie
is anyone doing weight watchers switch??
I did for 4 weeks, gave it up as it wasn't for me. Know loads who it is working for though.
Good luck
Sarah
Old Mar 31st 2005, 9:11 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by teach
I did for 4 weeks, gave it up as it wasn't for me. Know loads who it is working for though.
Good luck
Sarah

thanks!! i hope i can stick to it.....
Old Mar 31st 2005, 9:18 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandi248
Good luck, I just wish I could find my motivation again!! keep thinking about the medicals (if I get that far) and that doesn't even spur me on!!
I watched Fit Club the other night. Most (if not all) of the women were taller than me and weigh less than I do, so this gave me a little jolt. If only I were 7ft tall instead of 5'2" then I would be ok!!

My husband is best man at a wedding in June, and apparently I will be sitting on the top table with the bride and groom, bridesmaid and her fiancee, and both sets of parents, so with 58 pairs of eyes able to see me I am determined to lose at least 1 stone, maybe more if I can keep going. The bride and groom, and a fair few of their guests, are police officers and so are fit and healthy people.

My usual trick is to start off ok, do well for a couple of weeks, think this is easy and ease back. Within no time I am back where I started and I can't be bothered.

To try and counteract it this time, I have worked out how much I would really like to lose and broken it down into half stone lumps. Then I sat and wrote a list of treats I would like (non-food) such as a facial, body wrap, new underwear and worked out what I would reward myself with as I got to those half stone targets. Hopefully this will work.

I have also been a member of a gym for 8 months and haven't been regularly, I had excuses of course, such as no time after work, wrong time of the month, too cold outside. I really enjoy it when I get there though. Now I have become a lady of leisure (Yeah right) I am aiming to go three times a week to start, and then try and swim twice a week.

Anyway, hope you all have a good day, be strong. I am going to go and do some spring cleaning so I can start clearing out some crap I am not intending to take with me down under!!

Shirley
Old Mar 31st 2005, 9:23 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ub40fan
I watched Fit Club the other night. Most (if not all) of the women were taller than me and weigh less than I do, so this gave me a little jolt. If only I were 7ft tall instead of 5'2" then I would be ok!!

My husband is best man at a wedding in June, and apparently I will be sitting on the top table with the bride and groom, bridesmaid and her fiancee, and both sets of parents, so with 58 pairs of eyes able to see me I am determined to lose at least 1 stone, maybe more if I can keep going. The bride and groom, and a fair few of their guests, are police officers and so are fit and healthy people.

My usual trick is to start off ok, do well for a couple of weeks, think this is easy and ease back. Within no time I am back where I started and I can't be bothered.

To try and counteract it this time, I have worked out how much I would really like to lose and broken it down into half stone lumps. Then I sat and wrote a list of treats I would like (non-food) such as a facial, body wrap, new underwear and worked out what I would reward myself with as I got to those half stone targets. Hopefully this will work.

I have also been a member of a gym for 8 months and haven't been regularly, I had excuses of course, such as no time after work, wrong time of the month, too cold outside. I really enjoy it when I get there though. Now I have become a lady of leisure (Yeah right) I am aiming to go three times a week to start, and then try and swim twice a week.

Anyway, hope you all have a good day, be strong. I am going to go and do some spring cleaning so I can start clearing out some crap I am not intending to take with me down under!!

Shirley

same here - i am 5' 1" (a pygmy!!) so i cant afford any extra weight. good idea with the treats etc. i too am at home so i have no excuse at all not to go to the gym - well, when kids back at school anyway!!!!
Old Mar 31st 2005, 10:20 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

There is always Jenny Craig here in Oz, pre-prepared meals delievered to your home.

Too much nice food here and lovely lattes!!

Spalens wife
Old Mar 31st 2005, 10:25 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all! God, it's afternoon already!

Diet stress, time of the month stress, kids on holidays stress - don't think it's gonna be a good day. I'm fighting the monthly chocolate craving at the moment - give me strength . . . . . . .

Binbird (in moody mode!)
Old Mar 31st 2005, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Shirley

Shirley

My hubby promised me when I have lost half a stone I get a pamper day at some beauty clinic/retreat. When I have lost a stone I get £500 to buy new wardrobe.

I thought 'Right, I can do this because I really want the rewards'. But that was about 4 months ago. That's terrible isn't it. My weight rose over the Christmas period which didn't help.

But more determined I am now... I shall soldier on and I WILL get those treats within 3 months. Please hold me to that !!!

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT:-

I do hereby declare that on 1st July I WILL be 1 stone lighter.

(That should make me do it, anybody else want to make their pledge?)
Old Mar 31st 2005, 10:40 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Shirley

GO FOR IT - GOOD LUCK!

Are you doing a weekly weigh in like some of us? We all find it pretty good as a motivator as it shames us to admit to a bad week.

Binbird
Old Mar 31st 2005, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by binbird
GO FOR IT - GOOD LUCK!

Are you doing a weekly weigh in like some of us? We all find it pretty good as a motivator as it shames us to admit to a bad week.

Binbird
Hi Binbird

Yes, I will weigh in weekly on here, definitely !!!
Should I key in my weight and how many pounds lost or just pounds lost?
Old Mar 31st 2005, 11:09 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Binbird

Yes, I will weigh in weekly on here, definitely !!!
Should I key in my weight and how many pounds lost or just pounds lost?
I think pounds lost should suffice, and I will join you. I started on Tuesday this week, so next tuesday I will post how many (if any) pounds I lose. Remember those treats of yours sound really really good.

Binbird - be strong - but remember tomorrow is another day and if you need to give in today just draw a line under it and start again. I love kids - don't you. Mind I could never eat a whole one!!

Spalens wife - are they diet meals? but they would be off by the time I got one here - my post is especially crap.

So far I have thrown out one binbag full of rubbish. Having a glass of water to clear the dust from my throat and then back to it. Its good for the soul!

Shirley
Old Apr 1st 2005, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

I started on Wednesday so I will weigh-in every Wednesday with pounds lost (or gained) !!!
Old Apr 1st 2005, 12:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Byeeeeee nicky have a great time eat, drink and be pissed all day!!!!
lol
love Lace x
Old Apr 1st 2005, 2:23 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Shirley

My hubby promised me when I have lost half a stone I get a pamper day at some beauty clinic/retreat. When I have lost a stone I get £500 to buy new wardrobe.

I thought 'Right, I can do this because I really want the rewards'. But that was about 4 months ago. That's terrible isn't it. My weight rose over the Christmas period which didn't help.

But more determined I am now... I shall soldier on and I WILL get those treats within 3 months. Please hold me to that !!!

Hi Hooperhome,
I also had a similar agreement with Andrew. Obviously the meds were my biggest motivator as I thought 'yeah right, he's really going to buy me all those new clothes'.
Having lost 35lb ish for meds and not actually having anything that fitted me anymore (I refused to buy anything during weight loss), Andrew took me shopping. I had, are you ready for this:
2 pairs of named jeans (hadn't even owned jeans for about 10 years never mind named ones)
1/2 dozen new t-shirts
4 new outfits for school
new skirt
2 new tracky bottoms
a hoody
new trainers
new jacket (no fear snowboarders type).
How do I remember all this, well I'm still gobsmacked that he kept his part of the bargain!!!!
Then for chrimbo I had 2 animal hoodies, animal t-shirt, o'neill trousers plus other things like perfume, personal cd player and music to go with it.
I now feel very guilty by the fact that I gained 7 of the lbs I lost but we have struck up a new deal , if I can get from a 14 to a 12 I get even more clothes.
He doesn't mind what size I am but he knows I am desperately unhappy with my weight so gives me incentives to carry on. If your other half is prepared to stick to his part of the bargain, use it to help you carry on. It worked for me.
Hugs
Sarah
Old Apr 1st 2005, 3:05 am
Birds of a feather . . .

Hi teach

It was worth losing all that weight for all those rewards! Reminds me of when I was a little girl and my parents kept offering me incentives if I could stop biting my nails. Got the rewards many times and then started biting again! Still have the habit to a lesser degree but have managed to crack it at the moment along with the losing weight thing! Must just pop off now and write a wish list to present to hubby when he gets home . . . . (well, if you don't ask you don't get!) lol

Despite all my earlier mentioned stresses I have managed to get through the day so far without eating between meals - just eating larger meals! But hey, let's just hope it's a once a month slip. Should be back on track in a day or two.

Binbird
Old Apr 1st 2005, 3:18 am
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by binbird
Hi teach

It was worth losing all that weight for all those rewards! Reminds me of when I was a little girl and my parents kept offering me incentives if I could stop biting my nails. Got the rewards many times and then started biting again! Still have the habit to a lesser degree but have managed to crack it at the moment along with the losing weight thing! Must just pop off now and write a wish list to present to hubby when he gets home . . . . (well, if you don't ask you don't get!) lol

Despite all my earlier mentioned stresses I have managed to get through the day so far without eating between meals - just eating larger meals! But hey, let's just hope it's a once a month slip. Should be back on track in a day or two.

Binbird
Go Girl, make that list and if he doesn't believe you then send him to see me, lol.
A slip now and again is what keeps us strong. Enjoy because you know it'll be a whole month til it comes around again, .
I'm lucky on that score, never suffer with munchies etc just have to keep taking my pill, I turn into a she devil if I don't.
Sarah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.