Dieter's for OZ

Old Apr 1st 2005, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Originally Posted by teach
Hi Hooperhome,
I also had a similar agreement with Andrew. Obviously the meds were my biggest motivator as I thought 'yeah right, he's really going to buy me all those new clothes'.
Having lost 35lb ish for meds and not actually having anything that fitted me anymore (I refused to buy anything during weight loss), Andrew took me shopping. I had, are you ready for this:
2 pairs of named jeans (hadn't even owned jeans for about 10 years never mind named ones)
1/2 dozen new t-shirts
4 new outfits for school
new skirt
2 new tracky bottoms
a hoody
new trainers
new jacket (no fear snowboarders type).
How do I remember all this, well I'm still gobsmacked that he kept his part of the bargain!!!!
Then for chrimbo I had 2 animal hoodies, animal t-shirt, o'neill trousers plus other things like perfume, personal cd player and music to go with it.
I now feel very guilty by the fact that I gained 7 of the lbs I lost but we have struck up a new deal , if I can get from a 14 to a 12 I get even more clothes.
He doesn't mind what size I am but he knows I am desperately unhappy with my weight so gives me incentives to carry on. If your other half is prepared to stick to his part of the bargain, use it to help you carry on. It worked for me.
Hugs
Sarah

Hello teach

Brilliant, you did really well! I too am a size 14 and would like to be in a 12. Really when you see what other people are trying to achieve or have achieved it makes me feel quite bad. One dress size or approximately 1 stone is not a lot really and should be quite manageable.

My reasons now for committing extra extra extra this time=

1. Rewards/incentives being offered
2. Medicals coming up soon
3. Lying on the beach in Oz
4. A happier me
5. A healthier me
6. A boob job also promised (which I would like but hubby would like more)
7. Fulfilling my promise to all of you

What do you think?
Old Apr 1st 2005, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Having a bad couple of days. Lost 3.5 pounds Wednesday, not weighing in next week as will be on holiday and this has changed my mindset. I just can't stop eating and have lost all motivation. Since Sunday am craving chocolate 24 hours a day. All I think about is food. I've eaten my calorie intake for the day but want more food. I'm not hungry just want food, if that makes any sense. Have put two pounds back on and will pile more on if I don't sort myself out soon.

Chinese tomorrow as we have friends round too. HELP !!! :scared:
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Just BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I have eaten the world now and the fridge! So I have eaten all the good stuff I bought now onto the boring rubbish stuff lol.
Hey girl if you are a size 14 and want to be a 12 don't think of us lot. I didn't come out of my mother this size. I ate may way to it and no-one can take that pleaseure away from me. A stone to lose is a lot of weight you go girl you go!

If you have an isentive like clothes then go for it, breathing up a hill is mine lol.
We all have our own little goals and as long as we keep them in sight them falling off the waggon once in while is ok cos you can always get back up and jump back on it.

Lace
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:52 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lacey21
I have eaten the world now and the fridge! So I have eaten all the good stuff I bought now onto the boring rubbish stuff lol.
Hey girl if you are a size 14 and want to be a 12 don't think of us lot. I didn't come out of my mother this size. I ate may way to it and no-one can take that pleaseure away from me. A stone to lose is a lot of weight you go girl you go!

If you have an isentive like clothes then go for it, breathing up a hill is mine lol.
We all have our own little goals and as long as we keep them in sight them falling off the waggon once in while is ok cos you can always get back up and jump back on it.

Lace
Sorry Lace, just read your post and had to laugh. I used to have the Looney Tunes screen saver where the tasmainian devil used to rush all over the screen eating everything. Your post and avitar brought it all back, .
You'll get back on track soon, I know you will. I have complete faith in you.
I never used to be a size 14, it's been a very long, hard struggle, once was knocking on the door of a 20 if I'm totally honest. When I was in high school I was 14 1/2 stone. Never been that heavy since but have certainly been close to it on many occasions, look much heavier though as I'm only 5'3". I also have massive calves and thighs which never seem to get any thinner, got those palying too much rugby, I doubt I'll ever have thin legs again, :scared:
Set yourself a date to get back on track, enjoy the binging time and then go for it. We are all behind you, Lace.
Hugs
Sarah
Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by ohippy
Having a bad couple of days. Lost 3.5 pounds Wednesday, not weighing in next week as will be on holiday and this has changed my mindset. I just can't stop eating and have lost all motivation. Since Sunday am craving chocolate 24 hours a day. All I think about is food. I've eaten my calorie intake for the day but want more food. I'm not hungry just want food, if that makes any sense. Have put two pounds back on and will pile more on if I don't sort myself out soon.

Chinese tomorrow as we have friends round too. HELP !!! :scared:
Ohippy

You have lost 3.5 pounds, that is brilliant. Enjoy your holiday and when you get back you can get back to the diet. Holidays are hard earned rewards, enjoy them! You are thinking about food all the time because you are luring yourself into holiday mode. Don't worry.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Lace
Lacey, that's right we all have our own little goals or incentives, be them materialistic or not but if that's what gets us there then so be it. So long as it gets us there.

Set the goal, try your best and hopefully achieve it.

We can only all try our best.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Awww thanks guys (NOSH< NOSH, SCOFF,SCOFF)
no really I have finished the low fat cheese and crackers now. It was low fat though.
I will get back on it tomorrow, just rang my agent and he says that everything im doing is great and the right thing to do. That brings a smile back to m face anyway so hopw fully next March beggining of, I will be putting in this application 11 months to go. God that sounds long.

Yipeeeeee more time to lose weight, now where are those crips!!!!!!
lace lol
Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Awww thanks guys (NOSH< NOSH, SCOFF,SCOFF)
no really I have finished the low fat cheese and crackers now. It was low fat though.
I will get back on it tomorrow, just rang my agent and he says that everything im doing is great and the right thing to do. That brings a smile back to m face anyway so hopw fully next March beggining of, I will be putting in this application 11 months to go. God that sounds long.

Yipeeeeee more time to lose weight, now where are those crips!!!!!!
lace lol
Now steady on Lacey, put them crisps away
Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No!
Wont
Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'll scream and scream until I am sick lol
and I will you know
lace
Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

I'll scream and scream until I am sick lol
and I will you know
lace

If you don't put them crisps away, you will have to sit on the bottom stair!
Old Apr 1st 2005, 9:10 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone - you all are doing so well!!!! I had a whole bottle of red wine last night (2 myself) with my friend, and some crisps and popcorn (butterkist!)

Weighed myself mid week and I was only 1 pound heavier than the previous Monday's weight (that was after 2 takeaway's and 3 or 4 easter eggs that I shared with hubbie! ) so not an awful gain - been trying fairly hard (although haven't been writing my points down which is a mistake). Haven't had a huge appetite this week (no idea why?) and have been leaving half of my dinner some nights - can only be a good thing as i'm listening to my body when it gets full and stopping.

Had meal out with work on Thur too - it was 2 courses so I chose tomato and basil soup, and spagetti and meatballs (only ate half and it was in a tomato based sauce), I also had 3/4 glasses of red wine though (I sound like an alcholic this week but I don't usually drink as much as that ) no dessert so think that could of been worse.

Will weight in on Monday, but not hoping to lose - just to go back to the weight before Easter weekend binge, then I will get right back on track properly.

Binbird are you going to weigh in on Monday? You are doing great!

Lynn
Old Apr 1st 2005, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Confession:

I had a whole bottle of white wine last night ... and chicken chow mein !!!
But it is the weekend.

On the whole though I am being quite good because I have cut out all the picking which would usually be chocolate bars or biscuits. Just being more sensible than usual.

We have just got back from taking the girls to dancing lessons and they wanted sausage and chips from the take-away. So I just got some for them and took 1 chip off them so that I am not completely depriving myself.

Now while they are sat eating it I am going to go and make a ham salad sandwich on wholemeal. Hmmmmm.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 12:26 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Confession:

I had a whole bottle of white wine last night ... and chicken chow mein !!!
But it is the weekend.

On the whole though I am being quite good because I have cut out all the picking which would usually be chocolate bars or biscuits. Just being more sensible than usual.

We have just got back from taking the girls to dancing lessons and they wanted sausage and chips from the take-away. So I just got some for them and took 1 chip off them so that I am not completely depriving myself.

Now while they are sat eating it I am going to go and make a ham salad sandwich on wholemeal. Hmmmmm.
OK the wine wasn't that great, but ckn chow mein isn't that bad?
I think we all have to listen to our bodies more and stop when you feel full - another trick is if you are craving something to snack on, have a drink instead because sometimes we mistake hunger pangs for thirst - it also makes you think for a few mins whether you really want that snack - its working for me so far, and i have been snacking far less. Unfortunately crisps and wine go hand in hand but i've been trying to eat lower fat crisps like quavers or Golden lights.

Lynn
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 1:09 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
OK the wine wasn't that great, but ckn chow mein isn't that bad?
I think we all have to listen to our bodies more and stop when you feel full - another trick is if you are craving something to snack on, have a drink instead because sometimes we mistake hunger pangs for thirst - it also makes you think for a few mins whether you really want that snack - its working for me so far, and i have been snacking far less. Unfortunately crisps and wine go hand in hand but i've been trying to eat lower fat crisps like quavers or Golden lights.

Lynn
This drinking is a really good tip, as long as it is low cal stuff you are drinking. I have been trying to be good and drink more water, but I do drink lots of diet lemonade too. Not drinking as much tea, as I do like a biscuit with my tea.

Also if I think I want to snack I go and find a ten minute job to do and promise myself if I still want it then I can have it. This morning I weeded my front garden, it is only small, but it took more than 10 mins, and when I finished hubby made me a cuppa and we sat in the sun (so I didn't have to go back in the house) so I didn't have a snack. If I don't snack I do appreciate my meals more.

We are going over to friends tonight and am tempted to take my own lemonade as I am not sure they will have diet stuff, both skinny so don't need to. Would it appear odd, they do know I am trying to lose weight so I think they will understand.

Anyway, I need to go and prepare tea now. Quorn cottage pie (free on green for those on slimming world) lovely but such a faff I only do it on a weekend. And i find if I do it after lunch I can be in the kitchen without wanting to eat. Strategies eh?

See ya's later, have a good day.

Shirley

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.