Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Old Jul 19th 2007, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Originally Posted by Daxver
we are going with crown they have packed up all our home and are storing it. Very impressed with their service so far, no hassle and they do everything.I found that if you can not get them down in price go for free storage i managed 8 weeks free storage as we are staying with parents,leaving 1st October.
Hi Daxver,

You are leaving the same day as us then? Where are you flying from and who with? On the spreadsheet it says 8th October, have you changed your travel date? Might see you on the flight hahaha.

Sarah.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

nicluke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Daxver
we are going with crown they have packed up all our home and are storing it. Very impressed with their service so far, no hassle and they do everything.I found that if you can not get them down in price go for free storage i managed 8 weeks free storage as we are staying with parents,leaving 1st October.
Hi

I have just noticed that you are from dundee, where are you going and when, we are from Alyth 20 mins from Dundee, we arrive in Perth on 9th November and we are flying with Emirates

Nicola
Old Jul 19th 2007, 9:51 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sme
Kings Park is definetely the place for a BIG meet up. Nice and cental and lots for all to do, as well as, places to eat, BBQ's and most importantly .............toilets !
That sounds good to me Only really saw a fraction of it when we were there, the bit that looks over the river. There is probably a hell of a lot more to it than that.

Chris

Old Jul 20th 2007, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

This is a question to all you people going to Perth soon.

How are you picking a place to settle in?

We are aiming to go NOR but we are not definite till we have a good look around. I was just wondering how everyone comes up with places they like the look of.

Sarah
Old Jul 20th 2007, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mad.chef

We are aiming to go NOR but we are not definite till we have a good look around. I was just wondering how everyone comes up with places they like the look of.

Sarah
I guess we're fairly lucky in the fact that my wife is from Perth so knows areas fairly well, plus we've been there for holidays 4 times over the past 5 years.

We personally would prefer North of the city. Mt Lawley, Innaloo, Wembley, Scarborough etc. One of the main factors is cost really.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 8:17 am
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

Sarah
We were searching and trying to combine an area with good house prices, nice schools, close to the beech, and found Secret Harbour, and thats where we are going. Luckily my company will pay for transport between SH and Perth airport every time I fly offshore.

The only major drawback is the house size, we want a 5 bedroom house, and all I can find is 4 bedrooms. Kinross in the north has similar house prices and there are some 5 beds there.

We are after a 5 bed house as Valerie is intending to continue fostering while in Perth, so the extra bedroom is for foster kids.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 9:56 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nicluke
Hi

Well we have just about sold our house we have accepted an offer subject to survey, the suvey was done 2 days ago so we are just waiting to hear.

We have decided to use Excess International Movers, they gave us a really good price and I have since found some info on them.

We are flying with emirates they are great we used them earlier in the year, we fly from Glasgow on 5th November and stoppover in Dubai for 3 days and arrive in Perth on 9th November.

On the subject of Dubai can anyone recommend cheap family accommodation?

My Hubby Luke is from Perth and my son was born in Perth so we got my daughter Australian Citizenchip by descent, so both kids have got Ozzy Passports, and I am going out on a Spouse Visa I was granted a permenant subclass 100 Visa which is great.

I bet you are sorry you asked.

Just 1 other thing have any of you guys had trouble with your younger kids, we had a hellish night with my 6 year old last night saying he did not want to come to Perth as he is going to miss his friends too much, he was crying for hours, what do you do?

Anyway best go

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

Our 4 year old is taking it very well although I am sure that he doesn't understand the magnitude of the move yet. We have found "bribery" very useful. Every time he asks for a big toy we tell him that he can have it when we get to Australia - he is now expecting a whole load of stuff when we arrive so is excited about the move.

We stopped off in Dubai last year just for 1 night on the way back. It was a very swanky place and perfectly fine for the three of us for one night. You probably want separate rooms if you're taking a brood for a few days. I would ask a travel agent or do an internet search. You can get some great deals and the hotesl in Dubai are generally of a very high standard.

Best of luck with everything.

BTW - our buyer pulled out last week after keeping us waiting for a month so we have lost the other interested parties too. Hmm - great eh?
Old Jul 20th 2007, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Location: Life is like a box of chocolates......you never know what you're gonna get!! (Fforest Gump!)
pam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi Pam,

1h 45 mins must be a bl**dy record! was that just loading the stuff on the lorry after they had wrapped it all up the day before? We were told it would take 2 days to wrap everything up & on the 3rd day the container would arrive & then they'd pack We must have such a load of cr*p in our house

Where abouts have you booked in Singapore? We are having 4 nights in Sentosa by the 'beach'

Chris

Hi Chris,

I must say I was VERY impressed with the packers, that time included wrapping and packing and loading......I have the feeling there is loads that I've forgotten to send and will be cursing myself when I start to pack for us!! I have just had the insurance quote and that will cost us almost as much as the shipping costs! Don't figure, think I'll have a look at other insurers too..
I can't believe that I've spent a couple of days sortin some stuff out and when I get on this forum I got loads to catch up on
Only 36 days to go for us now.....starting to get anxious about everything that needs to be done!!There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day!! Can't wait to meet all you guys at the BIG BBQ, it's gonna be great Kings park is great but we'll go with the flow NOR/SOR doesn't matter really!
Gotta o and do more sorting out now......a womans work and all that!! ha, ha

Pam x x
Old Jul 20th 2007, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

storms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant future

Update

Packers came, packed, filled a container and off it all went.

House sale completed, not mine anymore.........but hey, I got a cheque!!!!

19 days till the cat and dog go.........

20 days till we fly.

Old Jul 20th 2007, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

cowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to all

Sarah
Hello all
42 days to go..
hubby has got job in perth but we are hoping to live busselton (3 hours south)and he is going to work away a couple of nights a week. not ideal but its where we want to be after travelling down there last year!
still be up for kings park BBQ tho!

Julie
Old Jul 20th 2007, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

I loved Busselton, but seriously doubt I'd find any suitable work down there.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 8:44 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by storms
Update

Packers came, packed, filled a container and off it all went.

House sale completed, not mine anymore.........but hey, I got a cheque!!!!

19 days till the cat and dog go.........

20 days till we fly.

Wow! Bet you can't believe it's happening! Where abouts are you staying in Singapore Brenda? Did you have any trouble booking accommodation for a family of 4? Seems most of the hotel rooms there only sleep 3!

Good luck with it all, I bet the next 20 days will whizz by!

Chris

Old Jul 21st 2007, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Life is like a box of chocolates......you never know what you're gonna get!! (Fforest Gump!)
pam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant future

Hiya,

We're staying at the Orchard hotel in Singapore from 25/08 - 28/08 in a signature club deluxe room. It sleeps 4 people and looks lovely. Cost a bit more than we'd rather spend but when we looked at 2 connecting rooms the price was very similar....also I think my husband has splashed out a bit cos he is feeling a bit bad working whilst I sort out everything for the move.....aaahhh a bit of TLC for the wife is great!!!
Not long till the off now!! Buyers coming round this afternoon to "measure up" so we will see what transpires from that....please don't let them pull out!!

Pam x x
Old Jul 21st 2007, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

storms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant future

Hi Chris

The knots in the tummy have started!!!

We booked the Hilton, with connecting rooms, OH had Hilton points we needed to use!!!!!!

They do, do suites, which sleep 4, but we can not use the points for these rooms, so we are hoping for an upgrade

Prices not too bad, if you look on the Hilton Website. Singapore airlines also do good deals with stop-overs, that include trasfers and some other extras....

Pam.......Good luck!!

Brenda

Last edited by storms; Jul 21st 2007 at 2:14 pm. Reason: spelling.........
Old Jul 21st 2007, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Daxver will become famous soon enoughDaxver will become famous soon enough

Hi Daxver,

You are leaving the same day as us then? Where are you flying from and who with? On the spreadsheet it says 8th October, have you changed your travel date? Might see you on the flight hahaha.

Sarah.
Hi Sarah,

Yes changed our minds (on a daily basis for a while!) and have now booked flights so its now set for Oct 1st!!!! We are flying with emirates from Glasgow to Dubai then Dubai to Perth leaving Glasgow on Monday 01 October at 1405hrs!!!!! and I cant wait.

What about you guys?

Michelle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.