Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

storms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant future
Default Re: Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Hi all everything going so fast,

Could you update us, fly 9th August, land 14th August.

Thanks Storms
Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:08 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Peter & Karin
Hello

Could you please update our details, Peter flew on 19th July(and is staying with my relations at the minute) myself and kids fly on 23rd August and land 25th August. Peter has already looked for rental accommodation in Secret Harbour and they are like gold dust to get, but he managed to get a rental(that takes pets) and he signs the lease on Friday.

Karin
Hi Karin,

Have updated your details on the list(see post above(ish)), must be hard being without your OH for 5 odd weeks.... or not

We found it really hard to find anything in Secret Harbour, so have booked accommodation in Warnbro for 1st couple of months, will then look for a more permanent rental till we get jobs & then make the decision of whether we can afford to buy or not

All the best,

Chris
Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:22 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ptaplin
Hi,

Could you add us to the list? We are Phil(40) SAP BW Architect, Kaz(40)Artist, Terry(16). Planning to move in mid October after house sale. We will be staying in Dwellingup to begin with and then looking to move to Serpentine.

Cheers.
Hi Phil,

Have put your details on the list

Are you staying with rellies in Dwellingup? Have you got a job lined up? We are going to try and arrange a big BBQ meet sometime, probably in Kings Park

All the best,

Chris

Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:25 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Originally Posted by storms
Hi all everything going so fast,

Could you update us, fly 9th August, land 14th August.

Thanks Storms
Consider it done!

Here is the updated list:
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Perth Bound - 2007.doc (106.0 KB, 83 views)
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Consider it done!

Hello chris
The list is getting bigger should be a good BBQ if all turn up. 9 weeks to go arararara cant wait, getting very exited now I HAVE HANDED MY NOTICE IN AT WORK cool. its real now, we will have to start packing our things . what to take and what not to take, also we have just sorted out a bank accounts (westpack) i think. cool all happening now
Dave
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

phillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Caggsy
Booked Tuarts Retreat in Secret Harbour, 3 beds, no pool, just the 2 of us so shouldn't be a problem, looks nice & clean and is close to the beach

Shippers, flights, house ........ oh yes, like The Effeys said ..... JOBS next!
Hi Caggsy

Thats great that you have booked something. We have found one we like with a pool, wife thinks we should book it know but i want to exchange first . Hopefully tomorrow, we will get there:curse:

Phillip.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

ptaplin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Phil,

Have put your details on the list

Are you staying with rellies in Dwellingup? Have you got a job lined up? We are going to try and arrange a big BBQ meet sometime, probably in Kings Park

All the best,

Chris

Hi Chris,

We will be staying with rellies to begin with, then need to look for our own place. As for work, will be kept on with my UK employers doing remote support up until Christmas at least

BBQ sounds like a good idea

Cheers,

Phil.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:10 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Hi all,

we have now moved to this thread:

'Settling In Perth 2007/8 List'

3 of reasons for this really:
1. The heading is more reflective of when people are going.
2. The thread will be easier to spot than the old thread.
3. Don't know what #3 is, but I'm sure we'll think of something

See you all on the other thread

Chris

Old Jul 27th 2007, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

nicluke is an unknown quantity at this point

Consider it done!

Hi Guys

Just had a look at the updated list, we fly out on the 5th November we are having a couple of days in Dubai, just in case you want to change it.

Nicola
Old Jul 28th 2007, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Sonja has a spectacular aura aboutSonja has a spectacular aura aboutSonja has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=Peter & Karin;5108595]Hello

Could you please update our details, Peter flew on 19th July(and is staying with my relations at the minute) myself and kids fly on 23rd August and land 25th August. Peter has already looked for rental accommodation in Secret Harbour and they are like gold dust to get, but he managed to get a rental(that takes pets) and he signs the lease on Friday.

Karin

Karin

I know you said it was hard to fnd a rental, was it because of the area Peter was looking in, or was it because of the pets? Its our one concern re obtaining a rental as we have two Labs. What pets do you have? Was he just looking in SH or was he also looking at surrounding areas also?

Thanks
Sonja

Last edited by Sonja; Jul 28th 2007 at 8:22 am.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

steeleys is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Fay,

Welcome to the forums & happy birthday!!

Did you go at Christmas to validate? Also, have you got any rellies or friends in Perth at all or are you billy-no-mates like most of us!

Have added your details to the list

All the best,

Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks & thanks.

No we didnt go to validate, just a 2nd reccie(not sure how to spell!). Our visa was granted on 27th May 2007 only about 2 years in the process!!

We have an uncle & aunt & cousins in Duncraig which is north perth but generally billy no mates. Some close friends of ours are in the process but then that will just make 6 of us billy no mates.

Hope to catch up with everyone on the other side.

fay
Old Jul 28th 2007, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

lele.juggins is an unknown quantity at this point

Just joined - so not if I am doing this right? We arrived in Perth from UK in May - living in Bull Creek - 15 mins from City Centre - anything you want to ask, please do? - Les
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Location: Life is like a box of chocolates......you never know what you're gonna get!! (Fforest Gump!)
pam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant future

Hi Guys,

Hope all going well with you lot......we are steaming ahead getting ready to leave UK on 24th August!!
Can't believe how much work is involved in going abroad.....it's never ending, just when you think you've told everybody about your move you discover there's another company you need to contact!! when will it end???
We are going to be staying with a friend in Joondalup until we find the right schools then we'll house hunt for a rental in that area. When you arrive and start looking for rentals don't just go to the estate agents, buy the West Australian newspaper on a Saturday/Sunday cos in the back pages they have LOADS of rental properties in most areas. That might help your search for a rental especially, if like us, you have pets.
Best wishes to everyone.....

Pam x x
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:18 am
Paula Eddie and Family

Paula223 is on a distinguished road

Hi my name is Paula,i emergrated here 3yrs ago now with my husband 3 children and our whippet!!!!We Rented in a place called Success while we were building our home in a new area called SettlersHills Baldivis Rockingham and we have soooooo many pomm friends its like being back in uk lol,but we also have ozzie friends too.
When we applied to emergrate here to Perth we were really nervous but thought hey cant be any worse than home,we made the best desicion ever and would Never leave here.Dont get me wrong it as not been an easy ride settling in to there way off life but hey you soon get there and it makes you and ure children a whole lot stonger and the children here are sooo much more confident so hey yeh go for it as you will def not regret it.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:23 am
Paula Eddie and Family

Paula223 is on a distinguished road

If looking for Rentals go on www.reiwa.com.au , also www.ljhooker.com.au, http://www.RealityOne.com.au,Century...yWeston.com.au, there are soo many to look at, nice areas;Success,Baldivis,Secret Harbour, good luckkkkkkkkkk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.