Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Old Jul 7th 2007, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

Peps_in_Perth is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Any One Going To Perth Sep/October 2007 PLUS any advise???

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi all
just want to see if anyone is going to perth in september or october this year?
we fly from birmingham on the 1st october 2.20 pm ?? it would be good to speak to people in the same boat in the same place at the same time
many thanks
Dave
Hi, We've just joined this forum and are looking to go in Sept / Oct this year (07) too. We've not had our visas yet - they were lodged by our agent about 5 weeks ago and keep getting the standard reply from him of - "No idea how long it could be" so getting nowhere fast!!! - Does anyone know how long it could be - a ball-park figure could be useful as we've sold our house, living in rented and ready to go ASAP?
ANY info on timings would be appreciated?

If we DO get to go in Sept / Oct, we'll be living in Canning Vale / Bulls Creek area ans wondered if there is anyone else there? - Gotta have a barbie with SOMEONE?? lol
Cheers
The Pep Posse.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 9:54 am
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any One Going To Perth Sep/October 2007 PLUS any advise???

Originally Posted by Peps_in_Perth
Hi, We've just joined this forum and are looking to go in Sept / Oct this year (07) too. We've not had our visas yet - they were lodged by our agent about 5 weeks ago and keep getting the standard reply from him of - "No idea how long it could be" so getting nowhere fast!!! - Does anyone know how long it could be - a ball-park figure could be useful as we've sold our house, living in rented and ready to go ASAP?

If we DO get to go in Sept / Oct, we'll be living in Canning Vale / Bulls Creek area ans wondered if there is anyone else there? - Gotta have a barbie with SOMEONE?? lol
Cheers
The Pep Posse.
How does before the end of the year sound? We were tolod 6 to 7 months as were are 136 MODL, although we are going over on a Business 457 27th August.

Thats just 49 days away, time for some more of that panic stuff....
Old Jul 8th 2007, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Peps_in_Perth

Cheers
The Pep Posse.
Hi Pep Posse,

Our Visa took 7 months from them receiving it and us having it granted. In this time we had to have our medicals and police checks done.

Since we applied for our visa and did our assessment everything seems to be happening quicker for other people.

Hope all goes well with your application.

Sarah
Old Jul 8th 2007, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

stubbieholder31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Hi,

anyone going to Bunbury or visited Bunbury or indeed even better living in Bunbury?
It looks a nice, up and coming area But I would like some info on colleges and schooling in this area.
Also house prices and ammenities.
Any info on Bunbury would be greatly appreciated.
Looking to apply for student visa's very soon.

Leah x
Old Jul 8th 2007, 11:23 am
Just Joined

Gordy834 will become famous soon enough

I live in Perth if anyone has any questions about the place................

Gordon
Old Jul 8th 2007, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

stubbieholder31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Gordon,
could you provide me with any info on Bunbury please?
We are thinking of re-locating there from the Uk.
Any colleges you can recommend? or primary schools.
We want somewhere close to a primary school and within easy reach of college. Will be renting somewhere first for a year or two.
Which are the good suburbs and not so good?

Leah
Old Jul 8th 2007, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Any One Going To Perth Sep/October 2007 PLUS any advise???

Originally Posted by tomy2tums
How does before the end of the year sound? We were tolod 6 to 7 months as were are 136 MODL, although we are going over on a Business 457 27th August.

Thats just 49 days away, time for some more of that panic stuff....
Hi Tomy2tums,
Thanks for that encouraging info - we've just been reading some of the info on the other threads and it seems to take about 9 months, so glad you seem to be offering some sort of quicker estimate?
The end of year would be great, but sooner would be even better. I finish work fulltime (teacher at a local college) at end Aug, so will need to 'scratch' a living by working for myself until we get the all clear, so hope it's soon!

This forum seems to be just what we need to make some friends in a similar situation to us, so plenty of that panic stuff - Bring it on!
Pep posse.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

Hi Pep Posse,

Our Visa took 7 months from them receiving it and us having it granted. In this time we had to have our medicals and police checks done.

Since we applied for our visa and did our assessment everything seems to be happening quicker for other people.

Hope all goes well with your application.

Sarah
Hi Sarah,
We were thinking about that long too, but hoping for quicker! A friend who applied about two weeks b4 we did has just been asked to go for medicals and CRB police checks, so we were hoping for the same, and have ALREADY done our medicals!!! - That's not cheap! Does anyone know if this affects anything in the visa application 'house' - good OR bad? As we've NOT been asked to go for them yet!?!
It seems, like you Sarah, that everyone else's process seems to be going faster than ours, or is it just that way, cuz we can't WAIT!!!?

I was really surprised to get replies to our posting so quickly - These forums are not normally that well attended. - Don't get me wrong - I think it's GREAT that we can all support each other and I intend to keep it up even when we are there!
Looking forward to 'speaking' again soon,
Pep Posse.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Gordy834
I live in Perth if anyone has any questions about the place................

Gordon
Hi Gordon,

Any info on Clarkson would be great. Also the surrounding suburbs like Butler, Mindarie and Merriwa. We have a 6 year old who will go into year 2 in Feb 08 and want him be go to a nice school.

The houses we have looked at in Clarkson look really nice and reasonable to rent as we are keeping our house over here.

How long does it take to travel from Clarkson to Perth itself? My OH is a chef and won't have any idea on where he will be working till we get there so he may have to travel more than he is used to to get to work.

Thanks again to anyone with info on the Northern Suburbs.

Sarah
Old Jul 8th 2007, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

l5lmm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. We planned to come to Perth (ish) early 2008 but folowing a recent job offer, we now plan to go at the end of October. We liked Meadow Springs / Halls Head / Seascapes, but that's when we were coming on a regional visa. Now we can live where we like, we will probably live closer to Perth so that I can commute. Looking at Settlers Hill, Secret Harbour or anywhere similar to Meadow Springs etc. that will have easy access to new train line, good school (son will be 4 when we arrive) and close to the beach.

Any ideas of places similar to those above and within 30 mins commute to Perth would be appreciated (probably South of Perth rather than North).

Thanks and maybe see you all there in Oct / Nov. We will be flying out of Manchester last week in Oct if my new employer accepts my start date.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Daxver will become famous soon enoughDaxver will become famous soon enough

Hi there, am really sorry but cant add to the spreadsheet! Have tried but only once, cos we are staying at my inlaws at present and using their computer and I have already broken it this week!!! value my life too much to do it again so any chance of someone adding me, please.

We are David (35) Ceramic Tiler, Michelle (32) housewife to be!!!, Matthew (8), Lucy (7), Connor (3) hopefully heading to Rockingham area - looking to fly 8 October!!!!!!

Cant Wait,

Thanks in advance

Michelle
Old Jul 8th 2007, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello michelle
your on the list and welcome to the party
Dave
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Perth Bound 2007.doc (79.0 KB, 74 views)
Old Jul 8th 2007, 11:29 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gordon,

Any info on Clarkson would be great. Also the surrounding suburbs like Butler, Mindarie and Merriwa. We have a 6 year old who will go into year 2 in Feb 08 and want him be go to a nice school.

The houses we have looked at in Clarkson look really nice and reasonable to rent as we are keeping our house over here.

How long does it take to travel from Clarkson to Perth itself? My OH is a chef and won't have any idea on where he will be working till we get there so he may have to travel more than he is used to to get to work.

Thanks again to anyone with info on the Northern Suburbs.

Sarah
All OK suburbs Sarah. In years gone by the older parts of Clarkson and Merriwa didn't have the best reputations but they seem to be improving now. Butler is a nice new area with seemingly good schools. Mindarie is also nice but I would say on the more expensive side. Clarkson train station is close by all the suburbs and about 35 mins into Perth City. If you were driving rush hour would be about an hour I would say and probably 40 odd mins in non rush hour.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Northernbird,

Thanks for the reply, all of the suburbs look so nice, it is going to be hard to choose.

HERE IS THE LIST:
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Perth Bound 2007.doc (79.0 KB, 82 views)
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:44 pm

Caggsy is on a distinguished road

Great News! We've brought our plans forward and have just booked our flilghts to Perth! Arrive 24th October so please can you put us down for the big barbie meet! Sorry Mad Chef tried to update list without success. Heading for Secret Harbour - can anyone recommend a nice short term rental for say 6 weeks in the area?

Cheers - can't wait to get there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.