Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Old Jul 2nd 2007, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

storms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant future
Default Re: Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

We booked our flights, we fly to Singapore via London for 4 nights on 9th August and then onward to Perth...We land Perth August 14th at 14.35.....

It all real now. We had validated and Singapore gave us an extra 10kg per person, and sent an e-mail confirming this, just ask nice and they are so helpful!!!!

It all so real, shippers in 15 days and counting!!!

Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by storms
We booked our flights, we fly to Singapore via London for 4 nights on 9th August and then onward to Perth...We land Perth August 14th at 14.35.....

It all real now. We had validated and Singapore gave us an extra 10kg per person, and sent an e-mail confirming this, just ask nice and they are so helpful!!!!

It all so real, shippers in 15 days and counting!!!

AAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr COOL bet you cant wait
Dave
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

phillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi Phillip,

what time are you thinking of going? We are thinking 18:00 or 18:30(SQ319 I think?) We went out in 2004 for a recce, but only had 5 days in Perth, just hope we got the right impression! You may be OK if you went out before you got your Visa? I think anyone going out to validate will have problems getting double allowance when they fly out for good.

You never know we might be sitting next to each other, it will be our own little mini-meet!

When we went in 2004, my best mates son only flew back on the same flight as us from Singapore to the UK! & he was sitting right behind us! He emigrated to Aus about 10 years ago & loves it

Chris

Hi Chris

Not sure what time, which ever is the cheapest. We have just been out on our second recce (end of april) to make sure perth was the right place, our first recce was back in 2003 and a lot has change so you may be in for a shock, its like one big building site and as you know the house prices have doubled. We was on the 10.00pm flight which i thought was a good time to fly as got about 5 hrs sleep due to being a night flight.

We need to get out there soon as visa running out, need the b****y house to exchange.:curse: Let us know what you book.

phillip
Old Jul 5th 2007, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Our 6 year old won an award for playfun club which he does at school and last night and we all went to see him accept his award at the local theatre. Both our moms and Davids dad came and when he went up on stage they absolutely blarted! Me and David didn't know where to look but I think it was more upsetting for them with the realisation that they will miss things like this in the future.

I am absolutely dreading the goodbyes as it gets closer, still wish we had booked for the week before and gone without telling anyone and then phoned them all from Oz to say were here!

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Perth Bound 2007.doc (78.5 KB, 83 views)
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:16 am
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

51 days now, and I'm starting to panic, will everything be done on time....

I'm in the mood just to say frack it, if it aint done, then lump it!

ok, huff almost over.

on the plus side, my new 5mm semi dry wet suit arrived yesterday, and it's lovely
Old Jul 5th 2007, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Life is like a box of chocolates......you never know what you're gonna get!! (Fforest Gump!)
pam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Our 6 year old won an award for playfun club which he does at school and last night and we all went to see him accept his award at the local theatre. Both our moms and Davids dad came and when he went up on stage they absolutely blarted! Me and David didn't know where to look but I think it was more upsetting for them with the realisation that they will miss things like this in the future.

I am absolutely dreading the goodbyes as it gets closer, still wish we had booked for the week before and gone without telling anyone and then phoned them all from Oz to say were here!

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:
Hi Sarah,

I'm with you on the goodbyes as I know I'll be upset.....My OH has no immediate family in the UK but will still find it really hard to say goodbye to his friends as they have been his surrogate family in the UK. That said, Aus is only a plane flight away (okay so a really long one) and the internet makes it so much easier to keep in touch these days. Even my mom has taken computer lessons so she can e-mail and use a webcam!!! Not bad for a complete computer novice!
We leave on 24th August and still haven't sold our house yet got everything crossed for a sale before we go but have contacted our insurance company just in case! If anyone else is like us out there and may be leaving a house empty to sell remember to speak to your insurance company as your house isn't insured after a certain amount of time being empty....you can however get empty house insurance that will cover you, that way you don't have to fib and keep paying council tax etc. to make it look as if someone is living in your house.
Best wishes to everyone

Pam x x
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi all,

I have just counted it on the calender and we only have 86 days left till we fly. Sounds really close when we count it like that.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi all,

I have just counted it on the calender and we only have 86 days left till we fly. Sounds really close when we count it like that.
OMG only 86 days headless chicken headless chicken.

lol

good luck
Old Jul 6th 2007, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Peter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nice

47 days till we fly!!

Dog flies out 19th Aug, me and kids fly on Thurs 23rd August, Peter is flying out earlier, shippers are coming next week and I'm starting to panic!!!

Karin & Peter
Old Jul 6th 2007, 9:33 pm
Essex Staffy

daveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Peter & Karin
47 days till we fly!!

Dog flies out 19th Aug, me and kids fly on Thurs 23rd August, Peter is flying out earlier, shippers are coming next week and I'm starting to panic!!!

Karin & Peter
40 days til we go arrive in Perth on the 20th after a short trip to Singapore then Carramar for 6 weeks then who knows
Old Jul 7th 2007, 2:48 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

We had our flights booked as well (and other things), but I will have to un-book it now, as our hosue sale fell through this week .

The couple that were buying from us decided to split up instead of signing the house sale contract! So, now they won't be buying the house and we have to start all over with the house sale. But just before the summer holidays there are lots fewer people looking compared to April/May.

Husband even had an interview in Perth for 14 August which he now can't attend.

Gina
Old Jul 7th 2007, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Sorry to here that Gina, just when it looked like you were finally there and ready to rock n roll.

Keep the spirit up and I`m sure it will all work out for you.

Mick

PS We have a big party to organise on the other side!
Old Jul 7th 2007, 4:01 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickagnew
PS We have a big party to organise on the other side!
Now, where did I put the name labels??? [scratches head and looks around]

Thanks for the good wishes - I need all the positive vibes I can get right now (feeling very down).

Gina
Old Jul 7th 2007, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

Location: Life is like a box of chocolates......you never know what you're gonna get!! (Fforest Gump!)
pam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Now, where did I put the name labels??? [scratches head and looks around]

Thanks for the good wishes - I need all the positive vibes I can get right now (feeling very down).

Gina
Oh Gina, I'm sorry but really do know how you feel our first sale fell through and we had a really rediculous offer last week that we couldn't accept so we are still waiting for that elusive buyer...we decided to go to Perth anyway and leave the house empty to sell, just can't afford to stay here with no jobs, mortgage etc when at least we could sort out jobs etc in Perth. It's going to be a real struggle financially but we are keeping everything crossed that the house sells sooner rather than later..
Anyway, sending you some karma to keep you positive
Pam x x
Old Jul 7th 2007, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

stubbieholder31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone know of any good colleges in perth ?

Hi there,
does anyone know of any good colleges in Perth?
It's where we also want to head for.
I'm thinking of applying for Hairdressing or hubby doing an accountants course on a student visa.
We also have a 7 year old so need to find schooling for her.
Any tips/ advice on some nice area's would be great.
We have been to Queensland and Melbourne.
But fancy perth.

Leah x.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.