Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

after the crap day the other day

we will be moving to perth october all being well
Old Jul 12th 2007, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi Claire,

Thanks for the offer, that's really kind of you

We were searching to see if there were any banks in Secret Harbour & couldn't come up with much, is it just some ATM's there? I'm sure all the main banks are in Mandurah, but was just wondering.

Is there a lot of building going on there? I've been looking on Google Maps at the satelite images & it shows a lot of land being readied for building, I think the images are about 2 years out of date so most of the sites are probably built on now!

Cheers for your help, Chris

Hi Chris,

There are no banks in Secret Harbour but yes there is an ATM.

You wouldn't have to travel to Mandurah for a bank though, as there are two at Warnbro shopping centre; the ANZ and national.

Yeah the images you see on google are already built on, there is still a fair bit of building going on though.

Claire
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:13 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
after the crap day the other day

we will be moving to perth october all being well
Glad it's been sorted! HR person wants a kick up the backside after the trauma they've put you through
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:23 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by claire33
Hi Chris,

There are no banks in Secret Harbour but yes there is an ATM.

You wouldn't have to travel to Mandurah for a bank though, as there are two at Warnbro shopping centre; the ANZ and national.
Hmm, was just about to open an account with WestPac..... If ANZ & national are the nearest..... decisions, decisions!

Originally Posted by claire33
Yeah the images you see on google are already built on, there is still a fair bit of building going on though.

Claire
Good work if you're a builder

What are your views on the schools - Comet Bay Primary & the College?

Also what's the general consensus about the new train line? I bet it's angered a few people now it's been put back a few months?

Cheers,

Chris

Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

allnatural is an unknown quantity at this point

hey im moving to perth 8 th october anyone going then cant wait really excited
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future

What are your views on the schools - Comet Bay Primary & the College?

Also what's the general consensus about the new train line? I bet it's angered a few people now it's been put back a few months?

Cheers,

Chris

.[/QUOTE]

Hi,

From what I have heard the primary school is very good, have heard a mixture of reports about the college though so a little difficult to say. It could jus be teething problems

The train line...I haven't relly met anyone that is angry about it, more not surprised that it has been delayed again after all this is WA

Claire
Old Jul 14th 2007, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of

Fly out 10th sept at 10pm , 2 nights in Kuala lumpur land Perth 13th approx 3pmish
Old Jul 14th 2007, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

allnatural is an unknown quantity at this point

are u moving out permantly???? how u feeling about it???

How old are u??? Thanks for replying
Old Jul 15th 2007, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by allnatural
are u moving out permantly???? how u feeling about it???

How old are u??? Thanks for replying
Hi permantly , hubby joining RAN . Hubby 41 next week an me 40 kids13 and8, how about you ?
Old Jul 15th 2007, 4:45 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Originally Posted by janet66
Fly out 10th sept at 10pm , 2 nights in Kuala lumpur land Perth 13th approx 3pmish
Hi Janet,

We fly out same day as you We are on the 18:30 flight though. What airline are you flying with?

Didn't notice you on the list, did you want me to add you? I've attached the list below if you want to browse through it

Our kids are the same age more or less, we have a daughter who is 12 & son 8, both are really looking forward to the big move, which takes a lot of weight off our shoulders.

What part of Perth are you headed to?

Cheers, Chris

EDIT:Sorry Janet, just realised you were the one that PM'd me! Did you get my message at all? Would be great to meet up when we both get to Perth, we arrive 2 days later!

Here is the list:
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Perth Bound 2007.doc (78.0 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by The_Effys; Jul 15th 2007 at 4:54 am.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 5:56 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Hi Irene,

I have added yourselves to the list!

Hope you up for the Big Barbie when we all get together!

Chris

Here is the updated list:
Attached Files
Perth Bound 2007.doc (86.5 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by The_Effys; Jul 15th 2007 at 6:01 am. Reason: Spelling!!!
Old Jul 15th 2007, 5:58 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi Irene,

I have added yourselves to the this!

Hope you up for the Big Barbie when we all get together!

Chris

Thanks.

For sure we will be up for it. Though I hear Australian sausages are rubbish....
Old Jul 15th 2007, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Yes please could you add us .

We are flying with Malaysian Airlines at 10pm , so wont get to see you , but im sure we will once there , we are stopping in Kuala Lumpar

Heading to Secret harbour / Rockingham way , would be brill to met up , passing through your way next weekend to see Adams cousin who lives in Wellingborough

Last edited by janet66; Jul 15th 2007 at 7:51 am.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 11:45 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Originally Posted by janet66
Yes please could you add us .

We are flying with Malaysian Airlines at 10pm , so wont get to see you , but im sure we will once there , we are stopping in Kuala Lumpar

Heading to Secret harbour / Rockingham way , would be brill to met up , passing through your way next weekend to see Adams cousin who lives in Wellingborough
Hi Janet,

Good to hear from you again, I have sent you an email

Have added you to the list, i'm afraid Adam has aged a week! Have put your jobs as 'In Navy' for time being as I wasn't sure what to put, can easily correct it later

I am working Sat & off Sunday, you are more than welcome to pop in for a quick cup of tea on your way through, would be nice for the kids to meet

Kuala Lumpar looks fantastic! We were going to have a chill-out stopover in Koh Samui but the flights from Singapore didn't really connect so decided to stay in Singapore for a few days, hope we made the right choice!

Speak to you soon,

Chris

Attached Files
Perth Bound 2007.doc (87.5 KB, 87 views)
Old Jul 16th 2007, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Life is like a box of chocolates......you never know what you're gonna get!! (Fforest Gump!)
pam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant future

Hi guys,
Well shippers came yesterday and they were fab! I've never seen men pack sooooo fast......scrub that..I've never seen men pack, full stop!! (apologiese to all you men out there who do, but it doesn't happen in our house!) they were here for 1hour 45 minutes and that included a cup of tea and paperwork!
All our personal stuff has now gone but I'd over estimated how many boxes we needed so we were running around the house trying to find stuff to fill the boxes with! Still, it's sorted now and so begins the rest of the packing for travel...house sale seems to be going through but time will tell (haven't I been here before????) Going to look at schools today and e-mail them to try and arrange appointments for when we arrive. Also gonna open a bank account and sort out a currency trading account, it's all go!
I'm sure the rest of you are just as busy as me and don't get time to think, let alone enjoy the ride! We are really looking forward to THE BARBEQUE as it will be great to meet you guys and make some new friends.
We have just booked our hotel in Singapore for 3 nights and we are all looking forward to relaxing and chilling before the work the other end!
Hope it's all going well for you guys
Pam x x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.