Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:23 am
Just Joined

terrington-evans is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Whoops Silly me

Movers are here the 7th August
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

storms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant future

Up early this morning,.......

The packers came!!!!!!

I felt as though I should be cleaning the house before they came, who said having a clear out was a good idea!!??

Our 40ft container arrives at 3pm tomorrow, and then, I am off to stay at mom's till we fly on the 9th August.

House hopefully completing Friday.............

Storms
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hello all
just had a weekend away with our moms and dads before the big move. All went well and no tears which was nice but we still got 10 WEEKS to go im sure there will be lots over the next ten weeks,
it is all starting to feel real arararara dont know what to think, we are slowly getting things sorted for the move. Started to look for jobs and have emailed a few chefs in perth and all looks good for jobs they say there seems to be more this year. cool the money seems to be the same over there so thats good. cant wait for the BBQ and pi** up will be nice to meet some new people doing the same thing. proberly will not get to meet you all but as there is lots going.
i think this was a good idea having a list, when we get there we should start meeting up for a beer or two before the BBQ so to sort it out ? what do you think ?
Dave
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

chefjohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi all
just want to see if anyone is going to perth in september or october this year?
we fly from birmingham on the 1st october 2.20 pm ?? it would be good to speak to people in the same boat in the same place at the same time
many thanks
Dave
Hi Mad Chef, Im John a brummie chef living in Cornwall, flying to Perth Sept 26th ish and taking on an existing restaurant in Bunbury, let me know about new events in Perth mate and will keep looking at this thread etc.
Regards,

John 41 Chef Tamsin 40 Beautician/Med Sec. Juliette 8 (months)
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:09 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chefjohn
Hi Mad Chef, Im John a brummie chef living in Cornwall, flying to Perth Sept 26th ish and taking on an existing restaurant in Bunbury, let me know about new events in Perth mate and will keep looking at this thread etc.
Regards,

Hi John,

welcome to the Perthies thread, have added you to the list. Bunbury looks like a really nice place to settle

All the best,

Chris

Here is the updated list:
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Perth Bound - 2007.doc (91.0 KB, 79 views)

Last edited by The_Effys; Jul 18th 2007 at 11:28 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 6:17 am
Just Joined

nicluke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi Nicola, Welcome to the BE forums You are now on the list Have you booked any shippers yet or sold your house? We are all at varying stages on here, what about flights & stopovers?

We are all having a big meet up & MEGA BBQ when we get there, the Aussies won't know what hit them At this rate you will be able to see all the black smoke from burning bangers & burgers from space!!

Ask away if you've got any questions

Chris

Here is the updated list:
Hi

Well we have just about sold our house we have accepted an offer subject to survey, the suvey was done 2 days ago so we are just waiting to hear.

We have decided to use Excess International Movers, they gave us a really good price and I have since found some info on them.

We are flying with emirates they are great we used them earlier in the year, we fly from Glasgow on 5th November and stoppover in Dubai for 3 days and arrive in Perth on 9th November.

On the subject of Dubai can anyone recommend cheap family accommodation?

My Hubby Luke is from Perth and my son was born in Perth so we got my daughter Australian Citizenchip by descent, so both kids have got Ozzy Passports, and I am going out on a Spouse Visa I was granted a permenant subclass 100 Visa which is great.

I bet you are sorry you asked.

Just 1 other thing have any of you guys had trouble with your younger kids, we had a hellish night with my 6 year old last night saying he did not want to come to Perth as he is going to miss his friends too much, he was crying for hours, what do you do?

Anyway best go

Nicola
Old Jul 19th 2007, 6:45 am
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

When and where exactly IS the big meet up?

oh, 39 days till we're off, the wife (valerie71andrew) is busy painting, and getting all stressed again, I'm offshore just now so I get the fun of setting up bank accounts, arranging temp accomodation and booking Singapore hotels....

I tried to phone Secret Harbour Primary School, but their on holiday til Monday, so it will have to wait til then.

I have the actual web address of SHPS and Comet bay, I'll post em later.

I have a 16 year son, a 12 year old daughter and a 9 year old son all that are looking for friends in and round SH, anyone want to voulenter, PM me or valerie and we'll pass on email or bebo's or what ever they use these days....

Valerie: get posting.......
Old Jul 19th 2007, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chefjohn
Regards,

Hello john
good to hear from another chef,we are not in perth yet. i think you will be there before me.so you are taking an existing resturant on cool m8. have to have a chat with you when you have got it all sorted as i would like to do that as well in a couple of years.seems to be lots of jobs for chefs in perth at the momment. i spoke to another chef who is settled in a good exec chef job,he said there seems to be more chefs jobs this year than anyother.
speak again soon m8
Dave
Old Jul 19th 2007, 8:33 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tomy2tums
When and where exactly IS the big meet up?
No idea! We'll have to pick a date and venue & arrange it, I can forsee a huge ruckus over whether to have it north or south of the river, a North/South divide will start & next thing we'll be at war, throwing our BBQ skewers at each other and catapulting our our 'snags' & burgers across the river!! OK, slight exageration there Whitman Park looks like a good venue & I'm sure they have meets there already? Perhaps we can have 2, 1 NOR & then a month later have 1 SOR?

oh, 39 days till we're off, the wife (valerie71andrew) is busy painting, and getting all stressed again, I'm offshore just now so I get the fun of setting up bank accounts, arranging temp accomodation and booking Singapore hotels....
Any idea where to book? We have just booked 4 nights in the Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa, booked 2 adjoining rooms as it will give us a bit of space with all our extra baggage! Nearly all the hotels in Singapore we found will only sleep 3 people, weird
I tried to phone Secret Harbour Primary School, but their on holiday til Monday, so it will have to wait til then.

I have the actual web address of SHPS and Comet bay, I'll post em later.
We had a look on their websites also, everywhere looks lovely, and clean. We were going to arrange to have a look round the week we get there as they have 2 week 'Spring!' break from the 29th September to 15 October, would like to get the kids in their at the start of the new term. Haven't looked into Mandurah Schools yet

I have a 16 year son, a 12 year old daughter and a 9 year old son all that are looking for friends in and round SH, anyone want to voulenter, PM me or valerie and we'll pass on email or bebo's or what ever they use these days....

Valerie: get posting.......
Our daughter is 12 also so i'll PM you her MSN addy. Our son is 8 but he's not internet literate yet & I don't think I will be able to peel him away from the telly! We call him 'sponge Kyle square eyes'! We are definately not getting Satelite TV in Aus!

all the best,

Chris

Old Jul 19th 2007, 8:58 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Originally Posted by nicluke
Hi

Well we have just about sold our house we have accepted an offer subject to survey, the suvey was done 2 days ago so we are just waiting to hear.
Hi Nicola, I think this is one of the most stressful times for as we needed to sell the house to have the funds to go, hope it all works out for you

We have decided to use Excess International Movers, they gave us a really good price and I have since found some info on them.

We are flying with emirates they are great we used them earlier in the year, we fly from Glasgow on 5th November and stoppover in Dubai for 3 days and arrive in Perth on 9th November.
I would have loved to have stopped over in Dubai, just to see the amazing new islands they are building, Palm, the world ect, they look fantastic. Perhaps one day we'll have a holiday there? Here is Palm island on google maps <click> The other man made islands are just north & south of this one, hell, i'm sure you know all this already!

On the subject of Dubai can anyone recommend cheap family accommodation?

My Hubby Luke is from Perth and my son was born in Perth so we got my daughter Australian Citizenchip by descent, so both kids have got Ozzy Passports, and I am going out on a Spouse Visa I was granted a permenant subclass 100 Visa which is great.
Have you lived over there before? Or backpacked round?

I bet you are sorry you asked.
No, not at all Only joking

Just 1 other thing have any of you guys had trouble with your younger kids, we had a hellish night with my 6 year old last night saying he did not want to come to Perth as he is going to miss his friends too much, he was crying for hours, what do you do?

Anyway best go

Nicola
We have been really lucky with ours so far, but i'm sure there is still time for tears & tantrums

All the best,

Chris

Old Jul 19th 2007, 9:41 am
Just Joined

nicluke is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nicola, I think this is one of the most stressful times for as we needed to sell the house to have the funds to go, hope it all works out for you

I would have loved to have stopped over in Dubai, just to see the amazing new islands they are building, Palm, the world ect, they look fantastic. Perhaps one day we'll have a holiday there? Here is Palm island on google maps <click> The other man made islands are just north & south of this one, hell, i'm sure you know all this already!

Have you lived over there before? Or backpacked round?

No, not at all Only joking

We lived in Perth when we first got married in 2000 and Fraser was born in 2001 but we came back to scotland in May 2001, lots of things happened when we were over there that made us come back ie House got broke into, car got broke into I wasn't able to work with the visa I had, very homesick may I go on.

But We have been over quite a few times since then, and we have decided that we could probably have a better family life over there, my husband works very long hours here.

I know I will still be homesick but Skype is great and i am now 7 years older and wiser!!!
We have been really lucky with ours so far, but i'm sure there is still time for tears & tantrums

All the best,

Chris

We lived in Perth when we first got married in 2000 and Fraser was born in 2001 but we came back to scotland in May 2001, lots of things happened when we were over there that made us come back ie House got broke into, car got broke into I wasn't able to work with the visa I had, very homesick may I go on.

But We have been over quite a few times since then, and we have decided that we could probably have a better family life over there, my husband works very long hours here.

I know I will still be homesick but Skype is great and i am now 7 years older and wiser!!!
Old Jul 19th 2007, 9:45 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

No idea! We'll have to pick a date and venue & arrange it, I can forsee a huge ruckus over whether to have it north or south of the river, a North/South divide will start & next thing we'll be at war, throwing our BBQ skewers at each other and catapulting our our 'snags' & burgers across the river!! OK, slight exageration there Whitman Park looks like a good venue & I'm sure they have meets there already? Perhaps we can have 2, 1 NOR & then a month later have 1 SOR?

Any idea where to book? We have just booked 4 nights in the Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa, booked 2 adjoining rooms as it will give us a bit of space with all our extra baggage! Nearly all the hotels in Singapore we found will only sleep 3 people, weird

We had a look on their websites also, everywhere looks lovely, and clean. We were going to arrange to have a look round the week we get there as they have 2 week 'Spring!' break from the 29th September to 15 October, would like to get the kids in their at the start of the new term. Haven't looked into Mandurah Schools yet

Our daughter is 12 also so i'll PM you her MSN addy. Our son is 8 but he's not internet literate yet & I don't think I will be able to peel him away from the telly! We call him 'sponge Kyle square eyes'! We are definately not getting Satelite TV in Aus!

all the best,

Chris

Kings Park is definetely the place for a BIG meet up. Nice and cental and lots for all to do, as well as, places to eat, BBQ's and most importantly .............toilets !
Old Jul 19th 2007, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sme
Kings Park is definetely the place for a BIG meet up. Nice and cental and lots for all to do, as well as, places to eat, BBQ's and most importantly .............toilets !
Sme

You speak from experience as we know, so who`s gonna organise it, I dont mind but wont be there till end Oct so maybe to late. Sme you up for it shall we all just leave it as extension of this thread.

Sorry if jumping on anyones toes just putting myself in the fray as arranged a couple over here and they are great to get people together and feel more at ease, especially the kids, as well as the oldies.

Kings Park, arranged by Sme in January, really was an excellent location.

Regards

Mick
Old Jul 19th 2007, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Sme

You speak from experience as we know, so who`s gonna organise it, I dont mind but wont be there till end Oct so maybe to late. Sme you up for it shall we all just leave it as extension of this thread.

Sorry if jumping on anyones toes just putting myself in the fray as arranged a couple over here and they are great to get people together and feel more at ease, especially the kids, as well as the oldies.

Kings Park, arranged by Sme in January, really was an excellent location.

Regards

Mick
All we need to do is set a date and time and where it should be,and post it on this 4 weeks before THE PI** UP and someone that can get there first with some kind of banner or something so that we all know this is the meet up and everthing should fall into place?? i think
then everyone can put there (expat names on) so we can all see whos who.
ill be wearing my fosters chef hat. big old one. what do you think any more ideas.
Dave
Old Jul 19th 2007, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Daxver will become famous soon enoughDaxver will become famous soon enough

Hi Phil,

OH keeps watching that haggle program in the morning with Don whatshisname. Hasn't done us any good at all! We are useless at it!

Might do the same as you & just bite the bullet We need to get it sorted ASAP really!

Hi,

We looked into leaving most of our stuff & just buy everything new but we decided against it, there is no easy way to make the decision

I know some people on here have said take everything because when you get over there you will have a job filling the Aussie houses up with the stuff you've got! But then again it would be nice buying all new furniture & stuff As you say, decisions, decisions!

Chris

we are going with crown they have packed up all our home and are storing it. Very impressed with their service so far, no hassle and they do everything.I found that if you can not get them down in price go for free storage i managed 8 weeks free storage as we are staying with parents,leaving 1st October.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.