Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:37 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Originally Posted by Caggsy
Hi Chris - guess it's a lot harder for you guys with kids! But I think you're right - it'll be nice to have some familiar stuff around us - and will also be nice to buy some new ozzie stuff (specially for the garden!). Bring it on

Have been speaking to a lady on Poms In Perth and recommended this thread to her for the Meet Up, they're arriving in November - hope you and Mad Chef don't mind?

Cheers

C
WHAT! Someone from, dare I say it?! Poms In Perth... going on our list!!! The cheek of it!! Hee, hee.... Only kidding! course we don't mind More the merrier as they say Why not persuade her to join the forum here?

Chris

Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:51 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi all,

Been reading bad reports about Crown Relocation on another forum : PomsinPerth. It might be worth having a read about it for those of you looking to book with them.

We are using White & Co and for a 20ft container we are paying £3250. We are shipping as it is cheaper than buying new but we are not that attatched to our stuff really. Mainly the kids stuff that will take up all the room! We are using Letton Percival for our insurance but still have to book it.

Sarah
Oh crap! We've just gone & booked them now To be honest, I think if you do a search on all of them you will find good & bad posts, it is really hard trying to sift through all of them & come out with a clear winner

Have heard about Letton Percival for insurance, will have to look into it

Chris

Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

JAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to all

hi all we are hoping to fly out to perth in september too,
we have already been out on a recci in April and had our visas validated (stayed with friends for 2 weeks)

the house is now sold (only took 2 weeks)....and we are having the surveyor in 2moro..

i am also being made redundant from my job (after 14 years) on sept 7th which is also the day our buyers want to complete ....RESULT!!!

it would be great to meet up with some of you guys (especially if you have kids of a simmilar age to our 2 boys..aged 6 and 5 ) when we've settled in

at first we will be staying in kallaroo then depending on schools/job somewhere not too far away....

it all still feels like a dream ...........hell what am i doing?!?!?!?!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

phillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant future

Hi all,

Been reading bad reports about Crown Relocation on another forum : PomsinPerth. It might be worth having a read about it for those of you looking to book with them.

We are using White & Co and for a 20ft container we are paying £3250. We are shipping as it is cheaper than buying new but we are not that attatched to our stuff really. Mainly the kids stuff that will take up all the room! We are using Letton Percival for our insurance but still have to book it.

Sarah
Hi Sarah

We had White & Co round for a quote the chap was here for about 10 mins quote come back needing 40ft container for 1400 cubic feet. All other quotes 20ft container for just under 1000 cubic feet, we did question them on there quote but they did not come back to us, not impressed with them.:curse:

phillip.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 10:22 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Originally Posted by JAMMIE DODGER
hi all we are hoping to fly out to perth in september too,
we have already been out on a recci in April and had our visas validated (stayed with friends for 2 weeks)

the house is now sold (only took 2 weeks)....and we are having the surveyor in 2moro..

i am also being made redundant from my job (after 14 years) on sept 7th which is also the day our buyers want to complete ....RESULT!!!

it would be great to meet up with some of you guys (especially if you have kids of a simmilar age to our 2 boys..aged 6 and 5 ) when we've settled in

at first we will be staying in kallaroo then depending on schools/job somewhere not too far away....

it all still feels like a dream ...........hell what am i doing?!?!?!?!
Hi Jammie Dodger,

Welcome to the thread, plenty of us going in September so you're in good company Have you got a definate date yet? We can put you on the list if you want? all we need is your names & ages, Jobs & area you're initially going to & then day or month you intend to get there! I've attached the list Below for you to have a browse

We all intend to have a MEGA BBQ when we get there

Chris

Here Is The List:
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Perth Bound - 2007.doc (88.0 KB, 80 views)
Old Jul 17th 2007, 10:32 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Originally Posted by pam0512
Hi guys,
Well shippers came yesterday and they were fab! I've never seen men pack sooooo fast......scrub that..I've never seen men pack, full stop!! (apologiese to all you men out there who do, but it doesn't happen in our house!) they were here for 1hour 45 minutes and that included a cup of tea and paperwork!
All our personal stuff has now gone but I'd over estimated how many boxes we needed so we were running around the house trying to find stuff to fill the boxes with! Still, it's sorted now and so begins the rest of the packing for travel...house sale seems to be going through but time will tell (haven't I been here before????) Going to look at schools today and e-mail them to try and arrange appointments for when we arrive. Also gonna open a bank account and sort out a currency trading account, it's all go!
I'm sure the rest of you are just as busy as me and don't get time to think, let alone enjoy the ride! We are really looking forward to THE BARBEQUE as it will be great to meet you guys and make some new friends.
We have just booked our hotel in Singapore for 3 nights and we are all looking forward to relaxing and chilling before the work the other end!
Hope it's all going well for you guys
Pam x x
Hi Pam,

1h 45 mins must be a bl**dy record! was that just loading the stuff on the lorry after they had wrapped it all up the day before? We were told it would take 2 days to wrap everything up & on the 3rd day the container would arrive & then they'd pack We must have such a load of cr*p in our house

Where abouts have you booked in Singapore? We are having 4 nights in Sentosa by the 'beach'

Chris

Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:09 am
Just Joined

nicluke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The_Effys
WHAT! Someone from, dare I say it?! Poms In Perth... going on our list!!! The cheek of it!! Hee, hee.... Only kidding! course we don't mind More the merrier as they say Why not persuade her to join the forum here?

Chris

Hi

I think I am the woman caggsy was on about, we are arriving in Perth on 9th November, if its ok can you add us to the list, here are our details

Nicola(26) Accounts Assistant, Luke(33) Farm Manager, Fraser(6) Aimee(4) we will be staying in Tuart Hill.

Thanks Nicola
Old Jul 18th 2007, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by phillip&sharon
Hi Sarah

We had White & Co round for a quote the chap was here for about 10 mins quote come back needing 40ft container for 1400 cubic feet. All other quotes 20ft container for just under 1000 cubic feet, we did question them on there quote but they did not come back to us, not impressed with them.:curse:

phillip.
I know what you mean about different shippers, we had qotes from 3 companies, Whites, Robinsons and PSS. We felt that Whites gave us the best service on the day and Robinsons didn't even bother to send us the quote. She was more interested in selling us the insurance. We had to chase the quote from them. PSS were ok and the quote was only a bit more expensive but we got a better feel for the White & Co guy. Not saying they are going to be any better it just came down to a gut feeling.

Still got to sort out the insurance through Letton Percival who only charge 1.53%.

Sarah.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 7:58 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Originally Posted by nicluke
Hi

I think I am the woman caggsy was on about, we are arriving in Perth on 9th November, if its ok can you add us to the list, here are our details

Nicola(26) Accounts Assistant, Luke(33) Farm Manager, Fraser(6) Aimee(4) we will be staying in Tuart Hill.

Thanks Nicola
Hi Nicola, Welcome to the BE forums You are now on the list Have you booked any shippers yet or sold your house? We are all at varying stages on here, what about flights & stopovers?

We are all having a big meet up & MEGA BBQ when we get there, the Aussies won't know what hit them At this rate you will be able to see all the black smoke from burning bangers & burgers from space!!

Ask away if you've got any questions

Chris

Here is the updated list:
Attached Files
Perth Bound - 2007.doc (89.5 KB, 84 views)
Old Jul 18th 2007, 8:16 am

Caggsy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi Nicola, Welcome to the BE forums You are now on the list Have you booked any shippers yet or sold your house? We are all at varying stages on here, what about flights & stopovers?

We are all having a big meet up & MEGA BBQ when we get there, the Aussies won't know what hit them At this rate you will be able to see all the black smoke from burning bangers & burgers from space!!

Ask away if you've got any questions

Chris

Come on now Chris - surely you meant to say snags instead of bangers
Old Jul 18th 2007, 8:24 am
Just Joined

terrington-evans is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

It's another blown in from Poms in Perth (Blame Marshy & Caggsy). We would like to be added to the list Mark (38 on Saturday) Marine Communications Engineer, Helen (39) Housewife, will staying in Warnbro to start and hoping to rent/buy somewhere in the Rockingham area.
I've had a quick look at the list and just a question as there appears to be some other people flying the same day as us - We're flying Singapore Airlines 27th August from Manchester - anyone else?

FYI - House almost sold (Under Offer), Finish work August 3rd, Movers (PSS) August 3rd, 3 weeks down south with Family, Fly out 27th August

Rgds

Mark
Old Jul 18th 2007, 8:27 am

Caggsy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by terrington-evans
Hi All,

It's another blown in from Poms in Perth (Blame Marshy & Caggsy). We would like to be added to the list Mark (38 on Saturday) Marine Communications Engineer, Helen (39) Housewife, will staying in Warnbro to start and hoping to rent/buy somewhere in the Rockingham area.
I've had a quick look at the list and just a question as there appears to be some other people flying the same day as us - We're flying Singapore Airlines 27th August from Manchester - anyone else?

FYI - House almost sold (Under Offer), Finish work August 3rd, Movers (PSS) August 3rd, 3 weeks down south with Family, Fly out 27th August

Rgds

Mark

WELCOME - This is a great site!

C
Old Jul 18th 2007, 8:34 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Originally Posted by Caggsy
Come on now Chris - surely you meant to say snags instead of bangers
Whoops is that what they call them over there!? I'll have to get my 'Aussie Slang' dictionary out!

Old Jul 18th 2007, 8:49 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Originally Posted by terrington-evans
Hi All,

Rgds

Mark
Hi Mark,

There will be no left over at Poms In Perth soon! Welcome to BE Forums & to the Perth thread

27th August seems a popular day, not long at all now

Are you finishing work & shippers coming round on the same day? It was a toss up between PSS & Crown for us, but eventually went with Crown, don't ask me why, 'cos they were slightly dearer

Chris

Attached Files
Perth Bound - 2007.doc (90.5 KB, 87 views)
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

phillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant future

I know what you mean about different shippers, we had qotes from 3 companies, Whites, Robinsons and PSS. We felt that Whites gave us the best service on the day and Robinsons didn't even bother to send us the quote. She was more interested in selling us the insurance. We had to chase the quote from them. PSS were ok and the quote was only a bit more expensive but we got a better feel for the White & Co guy. Not saying they are going to be any better it just came down to a gut feeling.

Still got to sort out the insurance through Letton Percival who only charge 1.53%.

Sarah.
We have also still got to sort out insurance, did look at Letton Percival but it looks like they do not cover paired items and we have quite a few which is a bummer as 1.53% is good price.

phillip

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.