Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 11th 2008, 7:16 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away

Beth hun, if you're reading this, validate that visa, feelings can change, house prices can rise. We all know that only you can make the best decision for your family, but leave all avenues open.
Okay Beth, I'm not going to pm you (even though your profile is still active) but 2 things:

1. Read what FA has said & let it sink in. Going & validating doesn't commit you to anything & you never know how you may feel in a few of years time when everything has settled & the kids are older. Don't burn your bridges honey, not after everything you've been through.

2. I want to thank you Beth. Sincerely, if it wasn't for the you & the encouragement you gave me, I would never have believed OH & I would have a chance to emigrate. Please get in touch & let me give you my phone number, because I had hoped we would meet up on a beach one day & swap notes about the horrors of our RFTJ over a chilled glass of something & laugh about it all. I owe you such a lot Beth - you've been an inspiration.

And finally - whatever else you do, have a really happy, happy life
Old Mar 11th 2008, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes
Evening all hope everyone is OK today.

Good luck for tomorrow Nic and for Tuesday Wardy. Our EA just rung to say that viewer can't make it tomorrow now but wants to come Thursday instead. Was supposed to see niece then but just said OK just give me time to clean again. I always seem to be changing my plans to suit others.

I have cleaned till my hands hurt today and I stink of dettol and tomorrow morning was just going to shine it all (you know what I mean) and now by Thursday it will need a whole lot more again. I am becoming the bitch from hell in this house but it just takes so much time to get it show house perfect.

Could be a lot worse and not have anyone coming I suppose.

I wish I could get organised like Hayles. I have so much paperwork and sorting to do here but just can't get enthusiastic about it. We are going to buy one of those big metal bins and set fire to it all rather than shred, cos it takes too long.

Nicky xx
Hi Nicky,

Thanks for the good luck.

How annoying your viewers have postponed. You must be tearing your hair out. It is a nightmare keeping a house looking good. Sending Ks if I can for your sanity.

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Okay Beth, I'm not going to pm you (even though your profile is still active) but 2 things:

1. Read what FA has said & let it sink in. Going & validating doesn't commit you to anything & you never know how you may feel in a few of years time when everything has settled & the kids are older. Don't burn your bridges honey, not after everything you've been through.

2. I want to thank you Beth. Sincerely, if it wasn't for the you & the encouragement you gave me, I would never have believed OH & I would have a chance to emigrate. Please get in touch & let me give you my phone number, because I had hoped we would meet up on a beach one day & swap notes about the horrors of our RFTJ over a chilled glass of something & laugh about it all. I owe you such a lot Beth - you've been an inspiration.

And finally - whatever else you do, have a really happy, happy life

Hope you're reading this Beth - Jenni is talking for all of us. We miss you.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 7:41 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

I have just looked at Beth's profile she has not been on even to look since her last post.

Hope she can find what she is looking for in her life.

We will have to live her dreams for her
Old Mar 11th 2008, 7:50 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wardy2
I have just looked at Beth's profile she has not been on even to look since her last post.

I wonder why the very sudden change of heart. maybe she had just had enough of it all and with the problems with house market etc. thought it just not worth it. She may well change her mind later, lets hope so. I think most people get the ups and downs and there are times when I just wonder whether we are doing the right thing then I think of what life could be like when I am a checkout girl and Paul is a pizza delivery boy and then down by the ocean in the evening. Aaahhhhh
Old Mar 11th 2008, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

I can understand why she hasn't been on since that last post, it can't have been an easy decision to make and she'll have known that we'd all be begging for answers and try to persuade her to reconsider.

Such a shame after everything they went through.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Somebody needs to tell her she can bring her new rug with her....seriously though,I hope whatever decisions they make that they are for the best and the family are happy wherever that maybe.

I also think that validating is such a good idea in this situation.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

She may have viewed the forum without logging in. Here's hoping she knows how much we miss her. I can totally understand where she is coming from. I just hope she leaves her options open - I'm sure we all feel the same. Good luck Beth if you are reading.

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Somebody needs to tell her she can bring her new rug with her....seriously though,I hope whatever decisions they make that they are for the best and the family are happy wherever that maybe.

I also think that validating is such a good idea in this situation.
PMSL - I hope the shaggy rug is getting some use....

No news on meds Hayles, they're still just saying they left Heathrow at 14.47pm yesterday. I suppose if they fly direct to Sydney it will be 3pm this arvo when they arrive. When we used UPS, they had a 'hub' in Singapore where the parcel was scanned again, so you knew it had got that far.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 11:25 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
She may have viewed the forum without logging in. Here's hoping she knows how much we miss her. I can totally understand where she is coming from. I just hope she leaves her options open - I'm sure we all feel the same. Good luck Beth if you are reading.

PMSL - I hope the shaggy rug is getting some use....

No news on meds Hayles, they're still just saying they left Heathrow at 14.47pm yesterday. I suppose if they fly direct to Sydney it will be 3pm this arvo when they arrive. When we used UPS, they had a 'hub' in Singapore where the parcel was scanned again, so you knew it had got that far.
Morning all

It seems to take so long for the packages to get out of this country, wonder why.

Good luck for today FA hope this is the one.

By the way are any of you taking pets with you. We have a choc lab, 4 yr old, and I sway from yes definitely to not sure if it is fair on him. Can't imagine leaving him though. Daughter said she will arrange to be around Sydney for when he is in quarantine so that would be good but don't even know our plans yet so....... god knows.

Wonder if Beth is happier now she has made that decision, I do hope so.

Cleaning again today as we are going to Cornwall for a week from Saturday to see my mum and sister and need to pack stuff after viewing tomorrow.

Nicky xx
Old Mar 12th 2008, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Morning all

It seems to take so long for the packages to get out of this country, wonder why.

By the way are any of you taking pets with you. We have a choc lab, 4 yr old, and I sway from yes definitely to not sure if it is fair on him. Can't imagine leaving him though. Daughter said she will arrange to be around Sydney for when he is in quarantine so that would be good but don't even know our plans yet so....... god knows.

Cleaning again today as we are going to Cornwall for a week from Saturday to see my mum and sister and need to pack stuff after viewing tomorrow.

Nicky xx

Morning Nicky,

Cornwall sounds lovely. Hope Paul enjoys the rest and has started to get over his treatment. Fingers crossed for you tomorrow. Are you leaving the keys with the EA or are you telling any prospective viewers that they can jolly well wait??

If I were you, I'd take the dog - she's young and your daughter will visit. If you are homesick, missing the dog might be the last nail in the coffin. However, if she is the nervous type or ill, I'd say leave her.. difficult... In all honesty, I think the thought of leaving my 2 cats behind would be too much - I couldn't have done it, but they were both really old... They both died last year - before we started applying. I wonder if that was the final thing which made us decide?

No idea why these flamin packages take forever to leave airport...

Let's hope Beth is happier - I bet she is less stressed!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Morning all

Nicky xx
Hi Nicky

We are taking our dog (Springer Spaniel) we are using Jets4Pets who seem really good, they already have his permit and will book flights and quarantine when we ask them to, which will be when / if we sell the house. We are not taking the cat and have someone coming to look at him on Saturday.

I also wonder about Beth too and can fully appreciate her decision.

We attempted to talk again last night about pulling the plug and saying thats it, seems to be a weekly topic at the moment. I just don't know if there is any point in Jason going, to have to come back in 6 months, it doesn't make sense. And in that time we are both going to be miserable, neither of us is going to have a great deal of money to live (it will all be going on just maintaining 2 lifestyles one here and one in Oz) I will have all three kids to contend with, the dog and be driving round in a £500.00 banger. I know we have only been on the market since January, but some of you have been for sale for months, if we don't have any interest before he goes I can't see that we are going to have sold and completed before the 6 months we have given ourselves. I am being realistic, we can afford to reduce more but only so much, we are a family of 5 and need a 4 bed house, that won't come cheap, I don't want to be miserable over there and have no life because we have a huge mortgage to pay each month.

I think we need to honestly look and see if this really is a feasable move for us, probably just like Beth did.

Sorry to whinge again, but Jason just wont talk about this, we just end up arguing.

Have a truly wonderful time in Cornwall

Tracy
Old Mar 12th 2008, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Tracy sweetie dont give up home ((hugs)) its so tough Im sure somethng will come right for you, I have to say if I were you and on the time scale you are on I would decide the lowest you can afford to drop and go on at £2k more....

Fly - my package has been released from customs in sydney hope today goes okay for you

Nicky - have a fab time in Cornwall, hope the weather picks up somewhat.

No news here:curse: I have a feeling they are going to need a new amended mortgage deeds sent out:curse:
Old Mar 12th 2008, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all

Nicky xx
Hi Nicky

We are in a similar dilema with our dog, 20 month Cocker Spaniel. My head says she should stay, we know someone who is interested in having her, its very costly to take them, we might not find a rental house so easily (or nice), all the national parks have a no dog rule (in Tas anyway), and 4 weeks in quarantine will be a long time for a dog who likes to with us ALL the time!

My heart simply says we love her and I think it will help the children in particular to look forward to picking her up.

We have already done some preliminary paperwork but still cannot really make up our minds.

Very difficult

Have a good weekend

Sam
Old Mar 12th 2008, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

No news with me Spoke to EA's yesterday about when we go we only want 1 EA but they said might as well stay with all of them and just give 1 EA the key so the others with have to go to the keyholder.

Our house on for 299,999 have dropped 30k already, all EA's are saying there is no movement on any houses at this price just FTB's only. Well we will be able to wait 6 months and then have to think about renting it out

Everywhere I read says that a crash might be on its way so rahter than keep dropping price maybe better to rent out for a few years and wait til its a sellers market again :curse: I dont know what do you lot think
Old Mar 12th 2008, 1:42 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

When do you have to be there for Tracy, is it soon?

We have to validate by May 16th, but we can always come home again, not that I want to.

Somehow have to find the money to validate, its not cheap is it.

Kaye
Old Mar 12th 2008, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

cambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant future

Hi sammy T

We are not taking either our Cocker Spaniel or Springer Spaniel, both hate car journeys, so plane would be worse for them and they both like flushing birds, so we decided the enviroment would not be best and living in a more built up are than to where we are now (open fields and wooded areas). so they are staying. Cocker has already been rehomed and Springer is going this weekend (she is staying in the village) Will be a wrench to say goodbye to her, but I know she is going to a very good home. I also think the stress of such a big move would not be so good for her. The kids are going to miss them very much as they are such good pets and very loving and tolerant.

It is a very difficult decision to make, and ours was to leave them. However everyone is different and your decision needs to be the one that is best suited to your dog.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.