Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Speak f**kin English !

Speak f**kin English !

Old May 1st 2006, 12:41 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speak f**kin English !

Originally Posted by lionheart
That's coz they think you are a bloke with that haircut and no tits
oh how did I miss this little gem....you know you love me really ......besides I looked more like a dyke only I didn't have the highlights and plaid shirts

And I've already made peace with the fact that even with a boob job you will still have the bigger titties
Old May 1st 2006, 12:41 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

This thread reminds me of the time I ran into this American woman, she was married to an Irish guy and she explained her FIL was over and he didn't like the bacon compared to what you could get in the UK/Eire. After listening to him compalin she had ran around various American shops asking for Ticker Bacon to no avail and was very frustrated?????????????
When she got home she learnt from her hubby that his old man was complaining that the bacon back home was thicker. I pissed myself when she told me
Old May 1st 2006, 12:43 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
oh how did I miss this little gem....you know you love me really ......besides I looked more like a dyke only I didn't have the highlights and plaid shirts

And I've already made peace with the fact that even with a boob job you will still have the bigger titties
Have you seen the new photos I posted, I'm titless beatchhh
Old May 1st 2006, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Isn't there a French saying about small breasts meaning you are closer to the heart? Won't bother looking it up, I'll wait for Elvira.
Old May 1st 2006, 12:46 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
Isn't there a French saying about small breasts meaning you are closer to the heart? Won't bother looking it up, I'll wait for Elvira.

So you are a member of the itty bitty titty committee too
Old May 1st 2006, 12:46 pm
Account Closed

This thread reminds me of the time I ran into this American woman, she was married to an Irish guy and she explained her FIL was over and he didn't like the bacon compared to what you could get in the UK/Eire. After listening to him compalin she had ran around various American shops asking for Ticker Bacon to no avail and was very frustrated?????????????
When she got home she learnt from her hubby that his old man was complaining that the bacon back home was thicker. I pissed myself when she told me
LOL

Did he shop in "Timoty Woits", for some reason that stuck in my mind from someone Irish in my childhood, but my husband hadn't even heard of those shops.
Old May 1st 2006, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

No I'd like to be. You can buy lovely clothes more easily.
Old May 1st 2006, 12:49 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

and don't you wish you were......
Old May 1st 2006, 12:50 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
No I'd like to be. You can buy lovely clothes more easily.

Get real woman, the only clothes we care how they look in is Victoria secrets
Old May 1st 2006, 12:52 pm
Back Again

Get real woman, the only clothes we care how they look in is Victoria secrets
....that's you covered...but what does Elina wear??
Old May 1st 2006, 12:54 pm
Banned

....that's you covered...but what does Elina wear??
Just a little Chanel number 5
Old May 1st 2006, 1:34 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: Speak f**kin English !

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
How many times have you heard that ?
I have heard it countless times since being here and I usually give some remark like 'I am f**kin English, it's you who can't speak it'
One afternoon last week as I was driving out of a company in Glens Falls NY I saw a truck slowly pulling in and the driver was so confused, I saw him grabbing his CB mike to talk to me ... "Hey driver is this Pactive corporation ?"
I answered "Yes driver, just pull straight ahead into the trailer parking area and dispatch is on the left"
"Where's dispatch ?"
"On your left when you enter the trailer parking area"
"Where ?"
"On your left"
"Speak f**king English"
"How about I come back there and punch you on your nose you cheeky bastard ? ..... I am English"
"F**kin imigrants" He said.
"Find it yourself asshole"
As I left I heard the yard guy telling him he was lucky not to have a black eye and that to say that to me was a real insult

How often do you get reactions like that ?

Yes, this has certainly happened to me. Last year I was working in a call center in Largo, Florida. People would call in to enter a contest to win a million dollars, and we would try to pitch magazines to callers.

One guy called from Pennsylvania I think, and we went through the usual scripted pitch, but the guy was finding it difficult to understand me. Some Americans have no ear for dialects or accents. Anyhow he just said, "screw this, talk American can't ya"

I was going to tell him that I was speaking American (The English accent is the REAL American accent), but I figured my boss woud be listening in to the call and I could get fired. Anyhow I just let the idiot hang up on me, and moved to take the next call.

I resigned from that job a week later, I was getting so much hassle and from callers angry at my trying to pitch magazines to them when they just wanted to enter a contest.
Old May 1st 2006, 1:50 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: Speak f**kin English !

I have heard it countless times since being here and I usually give some remark like 'I am f**kin English, it's you who can't speak it'
One afternoon last week as I was driving out of a company in Glens Falls NY I saw a truck slowly pulling in and the driver was so confused, I saw him grabbing his CB mike to talk to me ... "Hey driver is this Pactive corporation ?"
I answered "Yes driver, just pull straight ahead into the trailer parking area and dispatch is on the left"
"Where's dispatch ?"
"Where ?"
"On your left"
"Speak f**king English"
"How about I come back there and punch you on your nose you cheeky bastard ? ..... I am English"
As I left I heard the yard guy telling him he was lucky not to have a black eye and that to say that to me was a real insult

Another reaction I got, which quite amazed me, was when I spent time in Michigan. I used to have a girlfriend in Westland, MI which is a few miles outside of Detroit.

Anyhow my ex-girlfriend and I went out to a local city, Frankenmuth, which is a German town in the middle of Michigan. They have a Christmas shop which is open all year. We went to shop and maybe have dinner at one of the excellent local eateries.

We were in some store, and we got talking to another customer, a lady, and she remarked about how well I spoke English. She then asked me 'where did you learn to speak English so well'?

Well I just looked at my ex-girlfriend, she looked at me, and we just stood their with open mouths not believing what the lady had said.

I just told her I was England, but nothing registered on her mind, then my ex-girlfriend just said, "you Know ENGLAND, where the English language originates from? The lady said, No, the language originates in North America.

Well we just laughed, and moved on. Some Americans are so stupid, it defies belief.
Old May 1st 2006, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

DarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of light

I've experienced a similiarly incredible reaction six years ago when I first moved out here. I don't often tell the tale because people don't believe me!
A woman where I worked asked my colleague (also English. We had both just arrived on a work placement) If he was from Australia. He politely replied "no, I'm from London, England." to which she responded with "So did you have to learn English to come here?". He just sort of rolled his eyes and just said "Yes, my parents taught me". I was too amazed to be cracking up laughing!
Old May 1st 2006, 8:53 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

"Where's dispatch ?"
"Where ?"
"On your left"
"Speak f**king English"

I honestly don't know how you do it. Living with Americans would send me over the edge...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.