British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Speak f**kin English ! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/speak-f%2A%2Akin-english-370655/)

Patrick Hasler Apr 30th 2006 12:29 pm

Speak f**kin English !

How many times have you heard that ?
I have heard it countless times since being here and I usually give some remark like 'I am f**kin English, it's you who can't speak it'
One afternoon last week as I was driving out of a company in Glens Falls NY I saw a truck slowly pulling in and the driver was so confused, I saw him grabbing his CB mike to talk to me ... "Hey driver is this Pactive corporation ?"
I answered "Yes driver, just pull straight ahead into the trailer parking area and dispatch is on the left"
"Where's dispatch ?"
"On your left when you enter the trailer parking area"
"Where ?"
"On your left"
"Speak f**king English"
"How about I come back there and punch you on your nose you cheeky bastard ? ..... I am English"
"F**kin imigrants" He said.
"Find it yourself asshole"
As I left I heard the yard guy telling him he was lucky not to have a black eye and that to say that to me was a real insult :p

How often do you get reactions like that ?

gruffbrown Apr 30th 2006 12:46 pm

Re: Speak f**kin English !

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
I have heard it countless times since being here and I usually give some remark like 'I am f**kin English, it's you who can't speak it'
One afternoon last week as I was driving out of a company in Glens Falls NY I saw a truck slowly pulling in and the driver was so confused, I saw him grabbing his CB mike to talk to me ... "Hey driver is this Pactive corporation ?"
I answered "Yes driver, just pull straight ahead into the trailer parking area and dispatch is on the left"
"Where's dispatch ?"
"Where ?"
"On your left"
"Speak f**king English"
"How about I come back there and punch you on your nose you cheeky bastard ? ..... I am English"
As I left I heard the yard guy telling him he was lucky not to have a black eye and that to say that to me was a real insult :p

I haven't got a CB radio :rolleyes:

User Name Apr 30th 2006 12:56 pm

Speak American English. :p

Patrick Hasler Apr 30th 2006 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by gruffbrown

I get it in shops also. :D

Angry White Pyjamas Apr 30th 2006 1:36 pm

I was asked by my dear HOA friends if I could read "American" when presented with their covenants recently. I must admit I felt like nutting him in the face.

Patrick Hasler Apr 30th 2006 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I was asked by my dear HOA friends if I could read "American" when presented with their covenants recently. I must admit I felt like nutting him in the face.

:D :D :D

We have an old guy in our workshops who calls me 'The Frenchman' because he can't understand a word I say ! ..... As he try's to comunicate to me with a mouth stuffed full of discusting chewing baccy and spitting brown gunge everywhere........... And HE can't understand ME ?

Elvira Apr 30th 2006 3:53 pm

I have heard it countless times since being here and I usually give ...............

Never actually.

I usually I get the "I just love your accent!!!" and "Which part of England are you from?" comments. :D

That's if they're not wondering whether I'm from Australia or South Africa... :eek: :confused:

The only real problem I have is obtaining a glass of "water"... :rolleyes:

:)

Patrick Hasler Apr 30th 2006 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira
Never actually.

I usually I get the "I just love your accent!!!"

:)

:D :D We recently got a new female dispatcher on my company. On her first day I was introduced to her and the first thing she said was "I just love your accent"
"Wait till we have had a few disagreements" I told her.

After two months she hates my accent .... LOL

TruBrit Apr 30th 2006 4:01 pm

"Where's dispatch ?"
"Where ?"
"On your left"
"Speak f**king English"

omg nope nothing as drastic as that...i have hardly any bother making myself known :D and i understand this lots attempt at speaking english. my main prob is my maid, i have to use my computer translator.com to communicate...lol she's a good worker otherwise her ass would be grass by now :)

NC Penguin Apr 30th 2006 4:18 pm

"Where's dispatch ?"
"Where ?"
"On your left"
"Speak f**king English"

Were you speaking loud enough? People think that if they speak louder, it's easier for them to be understood... :confused:

NC Penguin

AmerLisa Apr 30th 2006 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by gruffbrown

That's the problem, then! :D

AmerLisa Apr 30th 2006 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas

lol - I know all of this HOA stuff is driving you nuts (god I hope I never have serious problems with mine) but I would have seriously laughed in their faces.....how utterly and ridiculously moronic (ahhh love that word!) of them. :D

Ray Apr 30th 2006 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit
my main prob is my maid, i

I married mine ......

Patrick Hasler Apr 30th 2006 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
I married mine ......

Or did she ?
:D :D :D
Quite humourous Ray. LOL