British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Passport Delays (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/passport-delays-607794/)

AmerLisa Jun 16th 2011 3:37 am

Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by penguinbar (Post 9434683)
We are at almost 12 weeks since it was mailed and almost 9 weeks since credit card was charged. Hope it arrives soon!:fingerscrossed:

12 weeks to the day we mailed my husband's application for renewal.... Hopefully it happens soon for you! :fingerscrossed:

Claire Le Jun 16th 2011 3:42 am

Originally Posted by AmerLisa (Post 9434349)
So a few weeks later than my husbands..... I bet yours will be along shortly. It really does take 12 weeks from the time you mailed it. This will be the 12th week since you mailed it, so going on that, you should have it this week or beginning of next. :fingerscrossed:

Thanks i hope so too! :fingerscrossed:

penguinbar Jun 16th 2011 7:37 am

Originally Posted by AmerLisa (Post 9435859)
12 weeks to the day we mailed my husband's application for renewal.... Hopefully it happens soon for you! :fingerscrossed:

Hope so!

lyonsden1193 Jun 16th 2011 11:24 am

Success.

Passport arrived today.

timeline

12/04 rcvd
18/05 CC charged
31/05 Careline
13/06 Careline
15/06 Passport

I believe that ran just over 9 weeks

First: Thankyou to Dean.
second: without this problem I would not have found this great site and most of all, great people that populate it.

Fraiche Jun 16th 2011 12:08 pm

It has now been 16 weeks since I mailed my new applicant package to the DC Office. I am creating 3 posts here so that I may get the chance to PM Dean Chum. This is number two. Thanks for this thread!

Jodilynn0330 Jun 16th 2011 12:12 pm

Now approaching week 11 of waiting for daughters new passport... I phoned careline and was on hold for quite a while. Finally got through to somenoe and he hung up on me. I phoned back waited again and was told 2 weeks until it was ready. This was 2 weeks ago. I contacted the consulate in Chicago yesterday but was told to make an appointment :-( They are 5 driving hours away if not more... so I am guessing if I have to I will take a day off of work next week and make an appointment. Praying I don't have to because that is A LOT of $$$ in gas :-( This entire process has been an absolute nightmare and we haven't even sent in for my visa yet :-( ... If the passport doesnt' come soon I will have to pay for my visa again which is $1200.00. Since I dont have this $ that means my family may end up being split for a while if hubby has to go back without us and take my son because his UK passport is about to expire and we are just going to renew it in England. What a mess :-( All of this is making me physically ill with worry :-(

jagruti6 Jun 16th 2011 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Claire Le (Post 9433433)
it was mailed in on March 24th and arrived on March 30th and payment by bankers cheque was cashed on April 28th. Nothing since. :(

I am glad I found this forum, so I know I am not alone in waiting for my passport. Seems our time lines are close. Mine was sent end of march. I have haven't gone back and checked exact date. But payment was taken on April 23rd. Still waiting.

Englishmum Jun 16th 2011 1:10 pm

I'm going to be briefly in London in a couple of weeks. I travel overseas frequently I can't be without my passport for approx 3 months if I renew it in the USA, so I'm going to try and use the Premium 1 day service and apply for and collect it in person in the UK.

I've just phoned the Passport Office no. in the UK and got through to a call centre in Bangor, Northern Ireland. After going through the whole rigmarole of name, date of birth, contact phone nos., (you have to give a UK postal code and UK address, so I gave my mum's, although the first thing I said was that I'd be staying in London) the man called 'John' read through a script saying that you have to go to a Post Office in the UK to get the passport pack (can't download it online), the photos, payment procedure etc. etc.

So when I got to the bit about the confirming the appointment time, I asked John, "is the address still in Petty France?" and he said in his charming Ulster accent "oh, your appointment is in Peterborough"...:ohmy: I'd flipping told him that I'll be in London!

Have to get up at 3am tomorrow to phone for another appointment time - they will only make appointments a fortnight in advance and all the London appointment times for the date I'd requested are full.

I somehow have this sinking feeling that I'm going to end up renting a car to drive to Peterborough for a same-day passport...:unsure:

Jerseygirl Jun 16th 2011 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by lyonsden1193 (Post 9436626)
Success.

Passport arrived today.

timeline

12/04 rcvd
18/05 CC charged
31/05 Careline
13/06 Careline
15/06 Passport

I believe that ran just over 9 weeks

First: Thankyou to Dean.
second: without this problem I would not have found this great site and most of all, great people that populate it.

Excellent news.

Great...I hope you and the other new members who have posted in this thread stick around. :thumbsup:

TonyJohns Jun 16th 2011 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by British Consul (Post 7596835)
We're just going through some changes at the moment and we've had a couple of issues with old IT interfacing with new IT. All British passport production in North and South America is being centralised at the Passport Production Centre in Washington, hence the large backlog.

The Passport Centre staff are prioritising applications, so all those travelling soon will receive their passports before the travel date. If you're travelling in 6 weeks I wouldn't worry too much just yet if you haven't received your passport. But if you're travelling in the next few days then either contact your local British Consulate or send me a PM and we'll try and provide you with a status update.

Abtran will be replaced by Careline on 1 June. I'll post more on that next week.

Dean

What telephone numbers work in the Washington office, to get to speak with someone about the passport application delays?

TonyJohns Jun 16th 2011 1:22 pm

Are there any email addresses / contacts that anyone may have for a contact at the Washington embassy, for help with passport delays?

sachminu Jun 16th 2011 2:01 pm

Re: Passport Delays-Complaint Information

If anyone would like to complain, the email addresses are as below:

Customer feedback: [email protected].
Customer complaint: [email protected]
Careline services complaint: [email protected]

Also a letter can be send to the Washington DC passport processing center manager at below address:

UK Passport Service for the Americas and Caribbean
British Embassy
19 Observatory Circle N.W.
Washington DC 20008

lyonsden1193 Jun 16th 2011 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 9436831)
Excellent news.

Great...I hope you and the other new members who have posted in this thread stick around. :thumbsup:

Definately.. its great to have people to talk to. I think its very important that we have a place where we can come..sometimes vent.. and offer help and advice to each other... just wish I'd found it a lot earlier!!

Really hope some of the other people who are waiting for passports get quick results.

renu5idhu Jun 16th 2011 5:03 pm

Hi all!!

So the lady who was meant to call back from washington hasnt still called me back! i know that my credit card got charged on the 9th of May... and thats it, i spoke to careline last monday and they said to call back in a week, so i too decided to write to the Passport processing manager in Washington yesterday, and yes im from canada and Canada post is on strike lol!! i had two options DHL or Purolator.. i sent it via purolator, now im wondering if a manager will even read it.... Has anyone ever had a call back after sending a letter??

TonyJohns Jun 16th 2011 5:18 pm

Does anyone know what the Credit card payment looks like on your statement? I am also applying for visas and I want to make sure which is which. thanks