British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Passport Delays (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/passport-delays-607794/)

jamestravis Nov 7th 2009 2:36 am

Re: Passport Delays

I'm going back for Christmas too. Fingers crossed

juliecalifornia Nov 7th 2009 3:31 am

Just in case this helps, our passports came back in less than 10 days :)

jamestravis Nov 7th 2009 3:37 pm

How long did it take them to take out the payment? Mine has already been 15 working days.

Anna Clare Nov 8th 2009 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by British Consul (Post 8077709)
Plenty of time. Don't worry.

Dean

okey dokey thanks -
though I should be worried I spelled holiday as hoilday

Anna Clare Nov 8th 2009 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by juliecalifornia (Post 8078108)
Just in case this helps, our passports came back in less than 10 days :)

wow: cool!

juliecalifornia Nov 8th 2009 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by jamestravis (Post 8079142)
How long did it take them to take out the payment? Mine has already been 15 working days.

It looked like they took out the payment pretty much when they received our applications. But then I think you pay whether there's an issue or not, so as soon as they start processing the application they submit the charge.

I was quite surprised how quick it was as I didn't fill in some of my stuff and subitted it anyway....I was born abroad and wasn't going to send in my original British Consultate birth certificate and figured if they really needed it they could ask for it LOL! But it was a renewal anyway so it's not like it was a new request.

jamestravis Nov 8th 2009 4:17 pm

:( I wonder why it is taking them so long to process the payment....

jamestravis Nov 8th 2009 5:54 pm

Got my phone call from UPS. Haven't taken the money out of my account though :confused:

Anna Clare Nov 15th 2009 7:11 pm

Does anyone know the current processing time?

The Embassy site says ten working days.

Any view on whether this is correct?

islander66 Nov 29th 2009 4:39 pm

The 10 days banner on the website is still a work of fiction.

I sent mine by Fedex on Fri 30 Oct, was received by them on Monday 2 Nov, account was debited on 6 Nov and I've heard nothing since. I was starting to think UPS had lost it - but after reading these threads I'm inclined to blame the Passport Office !

Wooglin Nov 29th 2009 10:27 pm

I have had practically the same dates as you, and they are still processing mine as well.

British Consul Dec 1st 2009 2:23 am

Originally Posted by Wooglin (Post 8133749)
I have had practically the same dates as you, and they are still processing mine as well.

Isn't yours a first time application? Takes longer if it is.

Dean

veryfunny Dec 1st 2009 2:37 am

Thanks for posting this because I too am waiting on these guys, I want to go home for Christmas.

Originally Posted by aliandchris (Post 7550567)
I was thinking people could post their time frames on passport delays here. Currently the British Embassy in Washington is experiencing technical difficulties that make British passport changes horrendously slow.

If you've recently sent off your passport and have received it back, can you please post when you sent it, the date they took the payment, and when you received the passport.

Wooglin Dec 1st 2009 2:56 am

Originally Posted by British Consul (Post 8137240)

Dean

Yes Dean, I am. I figured since I actually have a Certificate of Registration, that it would go faster. My friend got her passport without one, but by providing everything they would need to claim that she is indeed a citizen by decent.

welshwer Dec 1st 2009 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by British Consul (Post 8137240)

Dean

Hi dean please help i sent my kids passports off for renewal on the 29th oct still no news they have not even taken any money as yet need passports back as we are going to the uk on the 21st dec 2009 we have an appointment at the amercian embassy on the 23rd dec im getting really worried now