British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Passport Delays (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/passport-delays-607794/)

housemonkey Jun 27th 2009 4:28 pm

Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by dbnull (Post 7682081)
I think Washington is trying their utmost best to satisfy the intended date of travel filled on the passport form and/or based on the Passport enquiry on their website.
I did receive a call today from UPS and our package was delivered this morning, unfortunately since the application for my children is by descent, they require us to send them the hospital records for our children and also fill out a marriage declaration form. The marriage declaration form I believe is because I am British (me being the father) and their mother is not.

I did wait for a while, but based on their new IT application/integration, I can tell you how tough these things can be, being in the same Industry.

Keep hope alive, they are thinking about your plans too.

Did you get the new passports from UPS and have to forward the documents later, or did you just get your original documents back and have to go through the whole process again?

dbnull Jun 27th 2009 6:42 pm

Washington returned the earlier sent documents, application form and included a letter requesting for the children hospital records that has their D.O.B on it. They did mention in the letter that the documents needs to be returned within the next two months otherwise the case will be closed.

dbnull Jun 27th 2009 6:51 pm

Re: Help!!!

Originally Posted by ayrshirelass (Post 7704863)
On the 7th May I sent my kids Canadian and my own BRITISH PASSPORT which was issued in Ottawa, off to Washington, with travel dates of 21 June, This would be my kids first British Passports, so I thought 7 weeks was good, as the web site said upto 6 weeks, well 21June has come and gone and I have spent over a $140.00 on calling Carline services, who told me on Wednesday that my passports were completed and I should receive the next day, I have yet to receive them.
Inbetween calling Carline services, I managed to speak to a very nice girl in Ottawa at the British High Commission who has inquired and there was a problem as I did not send my Birth Certificate, I misread the application, now I am not sure but no one from washington has contacted me, and why have they waited for nearly 8 weeks to have a problem with the application?
They took payment on May 26.
So right now, I am on vacation from work, waiting to go visit my aging mother in Scotland, and I have no clue where my passports are, and no one can help you, there is no point in me spending more money calling Carline Services, because as far as they were concerned my passports have been completed and I should have received them Thursday???
Does anyone out there have a number for anyone in Washington, I am desperate!!!

You can use the on-line passport application status enquiry service Go to the US british embassy website and click passports.
britainusa dot com

Nigel84 Jun 27th 2009 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by dbnull (Post 7705131)
You can use the on-line passport application status enquiry service Go to the US british embassy website and click passports.
britainusa dot com

I tried that and it didn't give me any information other than there's a delay processing passports and if there are any problems I will be contacted. Not sure what others experience with the inquiry has been.

When you had to send back the docs did they charge you another fee or kept it under the original passport fee you paid?

honey22 Jun 30th 2009 2:20 pm

I am in the same boat facing the same delimma ! I have already postponed my flight once, was supposed to travel out of u.s tonight. Posting here and quite desperate for help.

honey22 Jun 30th 2009 2:21 pm

I am trying to do 3 posts here so I can p.m Dean. Bear with me.

honey22 Jun 30th 2009 2:24 pm

I have till Friday to leave the country oterwise might face deportation proceedings. Please Help!! I need my passport pretty bad. It was sent for renewal on May 7th and recieved by the consulate in D.C on May 10. Payment was cleared on May20. I had applied for U.S visa extension but was refused.

ayrshirelass Jun 30th 2009 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Nigel84 (Post 7705473)
I tried that and it didn't give me any information other than there's a delay processing passports and if there are any problems I will be contacted. Not sure what others experience with the inquiry has been.

When you had to send back the docs did they charge you another fee or kept it under the original passport fee you paid?

From what I have just gone through no one contacts you, I still do not have my passports, they were shipped on UPS and the have sent them to another province!!! Just get better

ayrshirelass Jun 30th 2009 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by honey22 (Post 7712325)
I am in the same boat facing the same delimma ! I have already postponed my flight once, was supposed to travel out of u.s tonight. Posting here and quite desperate for help.

I was meant to travel 21 June and it is now the 29 June and I am still no further forward, now UPS has lost them!!! Don't bother calling careline trying to get information on your passports, $163 on my visa calling these people who never once in the eight weeks said there was a problem with my documentation, really poor service.

honey22 Jun 30th 2009 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by ayrshirelass (Post 7712381)
I was meant to travel 21 June and it is now the 29 June and I am still no further forward, now UPS has lost them!!! Don't bother calling careline trying to get information on your passports, $163 on my visa calling these people who never once in the eight weeks said there was a problem with my documentation, really poor service.

I have called them 3 times but like you said they have no information whatso ever. Said passport was processing.It is so frustrating.

honey22 Jun 30th 2009 2:58 pm

Have you contacted ups ? iam sure you must have.

ayrshirelass Jun 30th 2009 2:58 pm

Yes, they are tracking it down.
Did you hear anything yet??

honey22 Jun 30th 2009 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by ayrshirelass (Post 7712425)
Yes, they are tracking it down.
Did you hear anything yet??

No i haven't. I have send a P.M to Dean . I've heard he is very helpful. I am hoping for the best. there is little else one can do.

ayrshirelass Jun 30th 2009 3:33 pm

It is so frustrating, your at their mercy.
On reading this forum, Dean has helped a lot of people. Good luck

honey22 Jun 30th 2009 3:45 pm

Thank you , good luck to you too.