British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Passport Delays (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/passport-delays-607794/)

veryfunny Dec 15th 2009 2:31 am

Re: Passport Delays

Update,

I woke up around 4am this morning to make a call to Claire, and I did speak with her told her my full name, date of travel, birthplace, passport number and phone number. I told her that I sent off my forms in early October and her reply was that it was well over due, she would make some calls.

Two hours later, I got an email from the passport office telling me that they had debit my account and that they need more information.

Six hours later from original call to Claire, I got a phone call, asking me to confirm my details. The person on the other line told me to send in the information to the passport office and once they get them, they will process my passport.

I just got home from work, so I plan to find a 24 UPS or Fedex to post the documents requested.

I will keep you posted if all goes well.

Originally Posted by veryfunny (Post 8171416)
I agree.

Wooglin Dec 15th 2009 2:15 pm

Good Luck! :thumbup:

welshwer Dec 15th 2009 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by veryfunny (Post 8173439)
Update,

I woke up around 4am this morning to make a call to Claire, and I did speak with her told her my full name, date of travel, birthplace, passport number and phone number. I told her that I sent off my forms in early October and her reply was that it was well over due, she would make some calls.

Two hours later, I got an email from the passport office telling me that they had debit my account and that they need more information.

Six hours later from original call to Claire, I got a phone call, asking me to confirm my details. The person on the other line told me to send in the information to the passport office and once they get them, they will process my passport.

I just got home from work, so I plan to find a 24 UPS or Fedex to post the documents requested.

I will keep you posted if all goes well.

good luck i waited 7 weeks for mine, 3 phone calls to careline no good ,contacted dean and whatever he did worked passports turned up today ,yeah i can go home on monday for christmas thankyou so much dean.

veryfunny Dec 16th 2009 4:24 am

:thumbup:

Originally Posted by welshwer (Post 8174731)
good luck i waited 7 weeks for mine, 3 phone calls to careline no good ,contacted dean and whatever he did worked passports turned up today ,yeah i can go home on monday for christmas thankyou so much dean.

veryfunny Dec 16th 2009 4:24 am

Thanks, I am really missing the good ol UK.

Originally Posted by Wooglin (Post 8174660)
Good Luck! :thumbup:

Brit In TN Dec 16th 2009 5:55 am

I've been away from Blighty too long it seems.
I took the 'Ten day processing' at face value and sent in my kids passport renewals mid-Nov with travel date on Dec 18th.
Payment wasn't taken until Dec 10th. Not feeling too optimistic right now.
Planning on calling Careline ASAP. Do I have to wait until 08.30est as stated on website or is 08.30gmt an option?

Any info appreciated.

Of course once I find out about passports I can start fretting about the pending BA strike. :unsure:

Brit In TN Dec 16th 2009 9:01 am

Okay, so as common sense seemed to demand, Careline operators are available from 08.30gmt and not 08.30est as the ukinusa.fco website states.

They were helpful and efficient, just waiting to hear from the folks in Wash. DC now.

Wooglin Dec 17th 2009 12:21 am

I just called and hell just froze over! My passport was printed today!!!!!! :eek::eek::thumbsup:
Now to await the dreaded UPS service. I may have to wait longer than the passport.
I sent my application via UPS on October 29th. They finally finished with it today, Dec 16th. Almost 7 weeks! (I am a first time applicant though)
I can't wait to see it.

jamestravis Dec 17th 2009 12:27 am

:thumbup:
They send it next day air. My was printed on Friday then received on Tuesday.

jewels391234 Dec 17th 2009 1:02 am

Well this is my problem. I sent my passport application( first time application since I havent had one since I was 12) in the beginning of Oct 2009. The money came off my credit card Oct 14th. Its now Dec 16th,2009 and nothing. Getting pretty upset it takes this long. My husband got his canadian passport 10 days after he applied( first time for him). Why does it take so bloody long for the British passport. I was holding off calling the careline but by the looks of the previous posts I better call. :(

Wooglin Dec 17th 2009 1:58 am

Jewels, mine took about 6 weeks from the time they took the payment and I am first time applicant. Call Careline. It really is painless, and you are not on the phone that long at all. Make sure you have your credit card ready as it is not a free service. Call the UK number and not the 1-900 number. It is a bit cheaper. Good luck

Brit In TN Dec 17th 2009 2:27 am

Heard from the Wash DC passport office this afternoon.
I was told that as a result of Careline getting in touch and because of my imminent travel date they had printed both of my kids' passports and were shipping them overnight tonight.
Not counting my chickens just yet but I am very impressed with what one call to Careline has achieved.

Feeling somewhat optimistic.

Now, about that BA strike... ;)

Wooglin Dec 17th 2009 2:31 am

Great news Brit in TN! You might be interested in my new thread on UPS shipping of passports!!

ian-mstm Dec 17th 2009 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by jewels391234 (Post 8178666)
Well this is my problem.

I have nothing to add... I just wanted to say hi. I lived in Kingston for 13 years; was a teacher for the (then) Frontenac County Board of Education. I actually lived in Sharbot Lake for 3 years before moving "south". :)

Welcome to BE.

Ian

Wooglin Dec 17th 2009 2:33 pm

I just got my passport about 5 mins ago! :eek::eek::thumbsup: I couldn't believe that I was stuck on the phone when the UPS guy tried to call in through my phone (our apartment building lobby buzzer goes to our phone to enable a person to be buzzed in) I couldn't find the flash button! I went onto my balcony and yelled down to wait!! Lucky me, it is in my hands now!