British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Passport Delays (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/passport-delays-607794/)

British Consul Oct 14th 2009 11:23 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by chadwick7345 (Post 8016848)
Thank you, I have just done this and will wait for a repsonse, hopefully someone can help me? Not sure how else i can pursue this?

I've replied to you PM. Need some more info from you.

Dean

meauxna Oct 14th 2009 11:49 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by British Consul (Post 8017236)
I've replied to you PM. Need some more info from you.

Dean

Bless your heart, Dean. All I could suggest to him was to send an email to the 'complaint' section.

FYI, all the passport links are broken on the Chicago site, and part of the Washington DC site.

chadwick7345 Oct 15th 2009 12:11 am

Re: Passport Delays
 
Thank you,

I have not sent a complaint yet, should I still do so? I do not want to rub anybody the wrong way! Would you still suggest to send a complaint?

Nick

meauxna Oct 15th 2009 12:12 am

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by chadwick7345 (Post 8017310)
Thank you,

I have not sent a complaint yet, should I still do so I do not want to rub anybody the wrong way? Would you still suggest to send a complaint?

Nick

Oh, I defer to Dean on this one. Answer his PM and send him chocolates next week. :)

chadwick7345 Oct 15th 2009 12:18 am

Re: Passport Delays
 
Thanks,

I'm going to hold on the complaint until I hear more, thank you again for your time.

Nick

chadwick7345 Oct 15th 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 
meauxna,

hows your day going? Is there anyway I can attach a file to a private message?

thanks Nick

lansbury Oct 15th 2009 5:21 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by chadwick7345 (Post 8019325)
meauxna,

hows your day going? Is there anyway I can attach a file to a private message?

thanks Nick

I'll jump in before Mo gets here :p

There is the ability to insert an image into a PM, does that help. Make an image of the file (assuming it is a document or such) and insert it into the message

chadwick7345 Oct 15th 2009 6:09 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 
thankyou

meauxna Oct 15th 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by chadwick7345 (Post 8019325)
meauxna,

hows your day going? Is there anyway I can attach a file to a private message?

thanks Nick

Not a document, just an image, as lansbury says.
Email is nice too.

chadwick7345 Oct 15th 2009 8:50 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 
thank you so much for all your help, I believe I have spoke to someone today who can help with the problem at the consulate, I understand that my passport may or should be with me Monday. I would like to thank you for your time and help, and here's to crossed fingers!

Nick.

meauxna Oct 15th 2009 9:01 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by chadwick7345 (Post 8019823)
thank you so much for all your help, I believe I have spoke to someone today who can help with the problem at the consulate, I understand that my passport may or should be with me Monday. I would like to thank you for your time and help, and here's to crossed fingers!

Nick.

Great news!
Happy travels :)

Misterherman Nov 5th 2009 12:52 am

Re: Passport Delays
 
10 working days still showing on the website as the time for processing passports. Careline rep told me today that that timeline starts when they process payment not when they receive the application. And they can process payment whenever they want - currently they're hitting between 7 and 10 working days. So, basically the 10 day processing time is a complete fallacy.

jamestravis Nov 6th 2009 1:21 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 
I'm in a similar situation. They received my application 15 working days ago though and still nothing.

Anna Clare Nov 6th 2009 10:04 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 
Omg I just found this thread and I mailed my passport to the Embassy in DC this week. USPS tracking shows it was received there today. I was planning a trip over the Christmas hoilday but now I'm worried my passport wont be here!

British Consul Nov 6th 2009 11:58 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by Anna Clare (Post 8077434)
Omg I just found this thread and I mailed my passport to the Embassy in DC this week. USPS tracking shows it was received there today. I was planning a trip over the Christmas hoilday but now I'm worried my passport wont be here!

Plenty of time. Don't worry.

Dean


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:12 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.