Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

Wikiposts

British Football thread

Old Feb 14th 2004, 6:24 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Webbie
I actually disagree and think moving to Murrayfield would be a good thing for them. Look at City and their move to the City Of MCR stadium, as well as other Prem League teams who have moved into their new stadiums and never looked back.

From what I can gather from this report - if SMG sell to those two blokes then Hearts are going Dundee way. If the supporters buy the shares then they too would stay put. Why ?!!

Flog the place and get tae **** over to the rugger stadium. The ground isn't up UEFA standards and would cost to fix it up so why bother ?
It's a massive gamble either way mate. Theres no guarentee we would not go under even if we went to Murrayfield. Most fans are resigned to a move, but it could be the death of us in a couple of years if the egg chasers sell the Murrayfield. Staying will buy us time, the market for land is growing by the year in Edinburgh and the idea is that we could sell the stadium later and possibly build a new one elsewhere.

Originally posted by DaveC
Tony, wouldn't Hearts be in violation of the ever changing SPL rules by ground sharing? Isn't that one of the reasons that Falkirk were denied promotion? It may not be an issue as Le Champs de Murray is used for rugby. And Robbie Williams concerts.
Yeah I think the rules are for 2 football league teams sharing. Who knows though, the SPL rules make less sense by the day.

Last edited by tony_2003; Feb 14th 2004 at 6:31 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2004, 3:20 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Hey where have you been Tony ?
Whilst you've been away Manc has started a thread which got Billy Boy banned. (But he's back now )
Scrumps is getting sued by some ponce and I've.. err... well I've done nothing really.

Currently streaming on Radio 5 - commentary from the Lidipool v Pompey match and Hibbies versus the Hearts on Radio Scotia (anyone remember Kick Up The Eighties ?)
Old Feb 15th 2004, 4:11 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Honours even today then and two penalties in two games. Y'know, for such a big strong player, de Vries seems to be easily knocked over in the penalty area.....!!
Old Feb 15th 2004, 6:34 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey where have you been Tony ?
Whilst you've been away Manc has started a thread which got Billy Boy banned. (But he's back now )
Scrumps is getting sued by some ponce and I've.. err... well I've done nothing really.
I'm actually Batman in my spare time, so It's difficult to get on sometimes. I can't think why WBB would possibly be banned, nice tolerant pacifist chap that he is
How'd he get back on then? Signed up under a different name? Oh well if he has we can call him a newbie and say "use the bloody search facility before posting stupid questions!!"
Originally posted by DaveC
Honours even today then and two penalties in two games. Y'know, for such a big strong player, de Vries seems to be easily knocked over in the penalty area.....!!
Didnt catch the game today, bit early and I was up fighting crime till 2am...oh ok I was up till 2am assembling a the new fold out couch we bought. Should have buried hibs a number of times in the second half acording to the report. And yes De Vries goes down a lot, it's because he dives to get us penalties...ingenius tactic
Old Feb 15th 2004, 7:42 am
WBB

Default BANNED

banned...me?

anyway i know this is a football thread but i was wondering if any of you guys have any dirt on patrick, you know the juicy stuff i could use against him like lex luther had that kryptonite stuff.

come on guys you detest (hate is such a strong....) him as much as i do.

Old Feb 15th 2004, 7:51 am

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Billy Boy !
Get back to your Lounge you....lounge lizard you.

Patrick is cool, I like him. Strong stuff sometimes and sometimes he posts stuff that I strongly disagree with, but freedom of speech and all that bollocks.
He's a fellow Northerner so I wouldn't help you anyway.
Just leave it.

(Back to footie - Arse beat Chelski for the 4th time in a row. Lidipool go to reply with Pompey, but Owen scored at last.)
Old Feb 15th 2004, 8:12 am
WBB

Billy Boy !
Get back to your Lounge you....lounge lizard you.

Patrick is cool, I like him. Strong stuff sometimes and sometimes he posts stuff that I strongly disagree with, but freedom of speech and all that bollocks.
He's a fellow Northerner so I wouldn't help you anyway.
Just leave it.

(Back to footie - Arse beat Chelski for the 4th time in a row. Lidipool go to reply with Pompey, but Owen scored at last.)
owen scored in the last round against my team.

Old Feb 15th 2004, 11:14 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BANNED

Originally posted by WBB
banned...me?

anyway i know this is a football thread but i was wondering if any of you guys have any dirt on patrick, you know the juicy stuff i could use against him like lex luther had that kryptonite stuff.

come on guys you detest (hate is such a strong....) him as much as i do.
I can't beleive you stooped so low, even for someone such a wretch as you. You have taken a dislike to me and are on some sort of vendetta. Go back to the OZ forum you troll.

Patrick
Old Feb 15th 2004, 11:53 am
WBB

Originally posted by Patrick
I can't beleive you stooped so low, even for someone such a wretch as you. You have taken a dislike to me and are on some sort of vendetta. Go back to the OZ forum you troll.

Patrick
loosen up paddy, i am toying with ya.

thats the problem with catholics......................

Old Feb 15th 2004, 11:58 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
loosen up paddy, i am toying with ya.

thats the problem with catholics......................
Oh thats OK then, well stop stalking me mofo - thats the trouble with taffs - wear a sheepskin coat once and they won't leave you alone. I am married Welsh Boy Bubba (to a woman), let your dreams go Bubba, It wouldn't of worked in the end.

Patrick

Last edited by Patrick; Feb 15th 2004 at 2:25 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2004, 2:12 pm
Get em out by Friday

This is serious...is this British
institution in danger?

Run mottie run!!!
Old Feb 16th 2004, 1:19 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute
Default FA Cup QF Draw

The draw has been made:

Millwall v Tranmere
Man Utd v West Ham/Fulham
B'ham/Sunderland v Sheff Utd
Portsmouth/Liverpool v Arsenal

Ties to be played 6/7 March

In other news, Hearts are considering dismantling their 3 newer stands and storing them until they find a new plot of land to relocate to. The team is set to announce a new shirt sponsor, Lego are going to take over from next season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...an/3490981.stm

This is on the same day that around 60 Hearts fans attacked their own team's bus.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/in...m?id=187292004

You couldn't make some of this up!
Old Feb 16th 2004, 1:23 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Millwall v West Ham in the semi's would be fun.

"I'll cut ya, ya slaaaaaaaaaaaaaag"
Old Feb 16th 2004, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FA Cup QF Draw

In other news, Hearts are considering dismantling their 3 newer stands and storing them until they find a new plot of land to relocate to. The team is set to announce a new shirt sponsor, Lego are going to take over from next season.

is it true that the fans complained that the seats faced the pitch in these new stands ?
Old Feb 16th 2004, 2:46 am

Default Re: FA Cup QF Draw

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
The team is set to announce a new shirt sponsor, Lego are going to take over from next season.
There's got to be a couple of good jokes for this. Anyone ?

(Scrumps - re the other thread - give the baby his bottle will ya.)
Originally posted by manc1976
Millwall v West Ham in the semi's would be fun.

"I'll cut ya, ya slaaaaaaaaaaaaaag"
East London Met are bricking themselves as we speak.
The next round tie at home against Tranmere will be a trial run for them. Scousers coming down to the Smoke, I'm sure they will have a welcoming committee waiting for them at Euston.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.