Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

British Football thread

Old Oct 7th 2003, 3:53 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Latest Footie News (with commentry)

Craig Bellamy fined for nightclub abuse
Soccer star Craig Bellamy has been fined £750 after admitting threatening abusive or insulting behaviour outside a Cardiff nightclub in March.
Bellamy appeared at Cardiff Magistrates Court on Tuesday where he pleaded guilty to the abuse charge. Two other charges of racially aggravated behaviour was dropped at an earlier hearing.

The 24-year-old Wales international and Newcastle striker admitted being drunk and abusive after being thrown out of a bar in the early hours of the 24 March this year.
That's one court case out of the way.......

-------------------------------------------------------

Bryan Robson 'named Nigera boss'
Former England skipper Bryan Robson is set to become Nigeria's new coach, according to reports.
Robson approached the Nigeria Football Association (NFA)in August, expressing his desire for the job.

*NFA secretary-general Taiwo Ogunjobi and a member of their technical committee interviewed the 46-year-old for the job during their visit to London last week.
*Afterwards they met up with some gullable Americans in the hotel lobby.
So Robbo off to the happiest country in the world.
- Coincedently I just received this email:

REQUEST FOR URGENT BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP

MAY I INTRODUCE MYSELF I AM BRYAN ROBSON MANAGER OF THE NIGERIAN NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM

--------------------------------------------------

Collymore considers Southend
Former England striker Stan Collymore has not ruled out a return to his former club Southend as he seeks to relaunch his playing career.
Collymore retired from playing in 2001, five weeks after moving to Spanish club Oviedo.

But in recent weeks the 32-year-old has been linked with a return to football.

"I certainly wouldn't rule out a move to Southend," said Collymore.

"It would be nice to go back."
Manc'76 breathes a BIG sigh of relief.

----------------------------------------------------

Rio Ferdinand dropped over drug row
Rio Ferdinand has been left out of the England squad for Saturday's crucial Euro 2004 qualifying match in Turkey.
Football Association director of communications Paul Barber confirmed the Manchester United defender had been dropped pending an investigation into his failure to attend a routine drugs test.
Reason he didn't turn up ? He was moving house the same day and forgot.

------------------------------------------------------
Old Oct 7th 2003, 4:55 pm
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

Rio seems to be treated badbly considering he hasn't even been charged with anything. The FA are a law to themselves.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 5:58 pm
Skyscrapered

Haggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura about

Breaking News is (they have just announced it on telly) is that a Leeds Utd player has just been arrested in a sex attack incident last night. This is different from the gang-rape incident.

Too many fools with too much money in this great game of ours.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:10 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Haggischomper
Breaking News is (they have just announced it on telly) is that a Leeds Utd player has just been arrested in a sex attack incident last night. This is different from the gang-rape incident.

It's a shame they have to resort to forcing themselves on women, Georgie Best never had to do that, must have been those sideburns
Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:28 pm
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

Thats why I refuse to get rid of my sidburns!
Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:34 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who has the crappy basic cable package like me, the Liverpool vs Arsenal game is on Fox Sports Net at some point today in most regions, it starts in 15 mins here.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 8:29 pm

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Haggischomper

What a gimp !
Doesn't this bloke read the newspapers ?!
Doesn't he see that the media is watching him and his fellow "professionals" (I use that term loosely) for any more slip ups.

The EPL is going the way of the Serie A.

The current headline in BBC News is about Rio's fellow players boycotting the Turkey game because he was dropped.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3172568.stm
The FA quashes speculation that several players were ready to boycott the game with Turkey following the axeing of Rio Ferdinand.
Even more gimps !
This is a crucial game and we need the strongest possible team.
At this moment professional football is under the media spotlight and there will be tears before bedtime.
The English media are not helping by stiring all this up though.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 2:59 am

Oh and before anybody names the Leeds players (update on above, there are now alledgedly two players involved ) it's better not to.

&

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...es/default.stm

Last edited by Webbie; Oct 8th 2003 at 3:03 am.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Seth Armstrong is a sex offender ? Well he has not been seen in Emmerdale for a while, alledgedly gone to Oz.

Does Betty know he is really prowling Chapeltown then ?

The way it is going with strikes, injuries, drug bans & held by the cops...I'll be dusting my boots off in case I get the call !

Jovially Yours
Old Oct 8th 2003, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

A 29 year old man has just been arrested in relation to the Grovesnor Hotel Rape case.........more soon

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/

Rob
Old Oct 8th 2003, 3:12 pm

- Has just been outed by London Evening Standard (with the Leeds thing)
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ing%20Standard

- Turkey v England/Players revolt.
Anyone listen to the press conference on Five Live ?
I know the Scot Expats here will be enjoying all of this.

- 29 year old man arrested - NOT a footie player.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 3:35 pm
Up Yir Kilt

I think the English Team are correct to back RF. He hasn't been charged and completed the test 36 hours later.

It is funny though! If FIFA kicked the team out perhaps the Scots can apply to take that place as we are having problems qualifying - again!
Old Oct 8th 2003, 3:52 pm
Get em out by Friday

This is indeed quite humourous. I do commend the English team for this stance though. I'm sure it will get resolved by Saturday, my guess is because Ferdinand has urged them to play the game they will do it.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 10:59 pm
Only the Strong Survive

JerseyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

I see Jody Morris' name is now in the public domain (Soccernet / BBC). Strange to see him charged with sexually assaulting a woman - always struck me as a bit of a faggot when he played at the Chels.

Well done to the England team for backing Ferdinand, although I think the FA would have been slaughtered if it came out later and they'd let him play. I think they should call up Keown as a replacement. Not for the game - just the ruck with the crowd after!!!

Finally, and most importantly, does anyone know a channel the Turkey game is on? I need to see it - even on pay per view.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 12:06 am

Originally posted by JerseyBoy
Finally, and most importantly, does anyone know a channel the Turkey game is on? I need to see it - even on pay per view.
Check the other posts by DaveC on these forums.

A comment about the game - if we lose this game and is there is trouble at the match there will be hell to pay.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.