Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

British Football thread

Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:24 pm
WBB

Originally posted by tony_2003
I think we might miss stephen pressley big time today.

i think you may be right.

@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

couple of half times

Holland 0-0 USA
Belgium 0-1 France (another local derby)

latest score
NI 0-1 Norway
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Scottish international fooball, like Dundee is doooooomed.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:26 pm

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Tone
Giggs fit to play in freindly shocker, what on earth is the world coming to ???
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:26 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Wales 2 up.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:52 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

Giggs off at half-time, Alex must have been on the phone to remind him of his hamstring "injury"
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Any idea where we can hear the England game?
Old Feb 18th 2004, 8:05 pm
WBB

Originally posted by manc1976
Wales 2 up.
ernie has his third

wales 3 - scots 0

Old Feb 18th 2004, 8:13 pm
csf
BE Enthusiast

csf will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by manc1976
I'll leave you the shandy in your fridge though.
Tight bastard.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 8:13 pm

Originally posted by CitySimon
Any idea where we can hear the England game?
Had a trawl around the other sports/news sites and nothing.
******* useless English FA and those twats at Sky Sports with their broadcasting rights.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 8:28 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

I'm sure I read somewhere last week that Vogts was saying he was a bit upset at not being able to get a game against Turkey or one of the other 'better' teams in Europe.

Bloody good job they didn't isn't it!
Old Feb 18th 2004, 8:34 pm

Today we mourn the passing of Scottish International football...

(Well some of us will.)
With 80% of Scottish Prem league teams being in administration or debt and no sight of any up and coming talented Scot born players, you have to admit Tony, Dave, that the end is near.

Curling anyone ?
Old Feb 18th 2004, 9:01 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Webbie
With 80% of Scottish Prem league teams being in administration or debt and no sight of any up and coming talented Scot born players, you have to admit Tony, Dave, that the end is near.
Curling anyone ?
Webbie, I fear that you are over-reacting, after all it's only a friendly so you can't read too much into results etc etc. However it's annoying to be beaten by the mutton molesters*. I mean Wales isn't even a proper country FFS !

I agree that Scottish football is in a piss poor state though. I blame the teacher's strike in the 80s, the Old Firm and Canada.

Apparently there is some scheme being discussed by FIFA to change the eligibility for international selection. If a foreign player plays in Scotland for 5 years then he would be eligible to play for the national team. Quick, sign Henrik Larsson before he leaves!

* [size=0.5] Tony, I am aware of the irony of me using this statement![/size]
Old Feb 18th 2004, 9:03 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Had a trawl around the other sports/news sites and nothing.
******* useless English FA and those twats at Sky Sports with their broadcasting rights.
Well I'm listening to it live on 5 live online....
Old Feb 18th 2004, 9:08 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Today we mourn the passing of Scottish International football...

(Well some of us will.)

Curling anyone ?
Yeah pretty dire stuff. Full credit to Wales who stuck their chances away, unlike Scotland who still can't find a consistent striker. The welsh deserved the win no doubt, but I think it may have been a different scoreline without Earnshaw. I hardly think scottish international football is dead after one a friendly. This squad has not played together that much, 4 of those players were first timers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.