Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old May 14th 2019, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Noobmaster69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Thekopman

I sent mine off on the 9th by dropping off to a DX location. I think it’s got to the embassy but who knows - hah. I hope yours is back in time and best of luck.
Thanks. The email requesting the passport has a link with some sort of status. It always said "Send Documents" and it hasn't changed yet. So, slightly worried.
Old May 14th 2019, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Thekopman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noobmaster69
Thanks. The email requesting the passport has a link with some sort of status. It always said "Send Documents" and it hasn't changed yet. So, slightly worried.
Yes , mine hasn’t changed either but in all honesty I don’t believe anything is updated in real time.

Like I said fingers crossed for you.
Old May 14th 2019, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

Yes , mine hasn’t changed either but in all honesty I don’t believe anything is updated in real time.

Like I said fingers crossed for you.
Perfect timing. Just got email that it has been dispatched. Woop woop!
Old May 14th 2019, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

Perfect timing. Just got email that it has been dispatched. Woop woop!
Excellent news. Was that email from DX or the embassy itself. Just so I know what to keep an eye out for.

You should be fine for Friday now shouldn’t you? Are you collecting it from a DX place or did you pay to get it sent to house?
Old May 14th 2019, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

Excellent news. Was that email from DX or the embassy itself. Just so I know what to keep an eye out for.

You should be fine for Friday now shouldn’t you? Are you collecting it from a DX place or did you pay to get it sent to house?
It is from the same email ID as the previous one (usvisa-info) with DX tracking information. It says it should be available for collection tomorrow. I live very close to one. So, I chose to collect it. And yes, I should be OK to travel on Monday.
Old May 14th 2019, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Great news. Let us know when it’s in your hands. I had to cancel a family trip losing a fair bit of money back in February.

Hopefully I will have visa and passport in hand within a week and will be able to rebook 🤞
Old May 14th 2019, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Great news. Let us know when it’s in your hands. I had to cancel a family trip losing a fair bit of money back in February.

Hopefully I will have visa and passport in hand within a week and will be able to rebook 🤞
Will do. I probably won't collect it straightaway if available tomorrow. In anycase. I will update on collection.
All the best to you!
Old May 16th 2019, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

Collected today. Got it for 5 years.
Old May 16th 2019, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Congrats. Still awaiting me email.
Old May 16th 2019, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

r3idjimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats! Do you mind me asking what was the nature of your conviction?
Old May 21st 2019, 10:37 am
Just Joined

So I have my 5 year visa in my hand. Had my interview 12th Feb meaning it’s taken 3 months 9 days from beginning to end. Much quicker than the 6-8 months I was told at embassy.
One question I now have is the visa is for 5 years but my passport itself expires in just under 3 years? What will I need to do when I renew the passport?
Old May 21st 2019, 1:49 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

So I have my 5 year visa in my hand. Had my interview 12th Feb meaning it’s taken 3 months 9 days from beginning to end. Much quicker than the 6-8 months I was told at embassy.
One question I now have is the visa is for 5 years but my passport itself expires in just under 3 years? What will I need to do when I renew the passport?
“No. If your visa is still valid you can travel to the United States with your two passports, as long as the visa is valid, not damaged, and is the appropriate type of visa required for your principal purpose of travel. (Example: tourist visa, when your principal purpose of travel is tourism). Both passports (the valid and the expired one with the visa) should be from the same country and type (Example: both Uruguayan regular passports, both official passports, etc.). When you arrive at the U.S. port-of-entry (POE, generally an airport or land border) the Customs and Border Protection Immigration Officer will check your visa in the old passport and if s/he decides to admit you into the United States they will stamp your new passport with an admission stamp along with the annotation "VIOPP" (visa in other passport). Do not try to remove the visa from your old passport and stick it into the new valid passport. If you do so, your visa will no longer be valid.”

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ut-basics.html
Old May 21st 2019, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tht

“No. If your visa is still valid you can travel to the United States with your two passports, as long as the visa is valid, not damaged, and is the appropriate type of visa required for your principal purpose of travel. (Example: tourist visa, when your principal purpose of travel is tourism). Both passports (the valid and the expired one with the visa) should be from the same country and type (Example: both Uruguayan regular passports, both official passports, etc.). When you arrive at the U.S. port-of-entry (POE, generally an airport or land border) the Customs and Border Protection Immigration Officer will check your visa in the old passport and if s/he decides to admit you into the United States they will stamp your new passport with an admission stamp along with the annotation "VIOPP" (visa in other passport). Do not try to remove the visa from your old passport and stick it into the new valid passport. If you do so, your visa will no longer be valid.”

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ut-basics.html
many thanks for explanation. I was under the assumption we gave our old passports back when renewing. Obviously this isn’t the case.
Old May 21st 2019, 4:31 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

many thanks for explanation. I was under the assumption we gave our old passports back when renewing. Obviously this isn’t the case.
you send them back when renewing, and then in my own experience in the UK at least they are normally “cancelled” (corners cut of cover and or certain pages) and then returned to you.

because a lot of UK / EU travel is visa free or on arrival many people don’t have visas, if you look for citizens of other countries at immigration you will often see them presenting multiple passports so it’s likely similar for others as well.

Last edited by tht; May 21st 2019 at 4:33 pm.
Old May 21st 2019, 4:57 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Your old British passport will be returned to you when you renew it. As long as the US visa page hasn't had the corner clipped (this shouldn't happen, but you never know), you can still use it alongside the new passport.

If some careless civil servant has clipped the corner off the US visa when cancelling the old passport, then you're out of luck. It's no longer valid and you'll need to make a fresh application using your new passport.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.