Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jul 26th 2019, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Claraclack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
I'm surprised that you haven't been told the reason for the refusal. Normally, the letter you are sent should at least indicate which section of the INA the refusal falls under.

What you do now is accept that he cannot travel to the USA in the short to medium term future and simply get on with the rest of your life. There are no hard and fast rules about this (deliberately so), but I don't think it's even worth attempting a further application for at least another five years or more.
Thanks for your response, I have emailed them to ask if they can tell me the reason as it doesn't state it and we would like to know if it's simply a case of not enough time.
Old Jul 26th 2019, 11:54 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Claraclack
Thanks for your response, I have emailed them to ask if they can tell me the reason as it doesn't state it and we would like to know if it's simply a case of not enough time.
So the letter you received didn't state "Refused under INA 214(b)" or anything similar? That's unusual, because AFAIK you would normally be told the reason for a visa denial.
Old Jul 26th 2019, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

Claraclack is an unknown quantity at this point

It won't let me post his letter as an attachment or a picture but it literally says 'Having recommended your case to DHS for a waiver of your ineligibility, DHS has disapproved our request and decided not to grant you a waiver. This means you will not be receiving a non-immigrant visa at this time. I regret we could not grant your request.'
Old Jul 26th 2019, 3:13 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Claraclack
It won't let me post his letter as an attachment or a picture but it literally says 'Having recommended your case to DHS for a waiver of your ineligibility, DHS has disapproved our request and decided not to grant you a waiver. This means you will not be receiving a non-immigrant visa at this time. I regret we could not grant your request.'
Ah OK, I'm sorry I misunderstood. I doubt you will be given a reason for the DHS not agreeing to the State Dept recommendation for a waiver, but please come back and let us know how the consulate respond. Good luck.
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

H3lp is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi peeps
i applied for a visa waiver in June. Was sent away and asked to provide a statement of my 21 year old conviction and a police certificate from India and gp letter explaining my medical conditions as I’m unemployed due to ill health. The officer did not ask to see my savings account where I had more than enough money to travel. They refused my visa saying I failed to show ties to this country so no waiver. How do I prove that and how long before I should reapply ?
Old Aug 7th 2019, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Kitty... is an unknown quantity at this point

For anybody waiting..... we had the appointment end May and recommended for a waiver of ineligibility. Just under 10 weeks from the appointment to receiving the Visa. We expected 6 months and for it to be touch and go whether it was back in time for our December holiday so wanted to let those of you checking your email daily like we were that it was not half as bad as we thought. Good luck to those waiting.
Old Aug 9th 2019, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

gmatthews83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kitty...
For anybody waiting..... we had the appointment end May and recommended for a waiver of ineligibility. Just under 10 weeks from the appointment to receiving the Visa. We expected 6 months and for it to be touch and go whether it was back in time for our December holiday so wanted to let those of you checking your email daily like we were that it was not half as bad as we thought. Good luck to those waiting.
Hi, this is really great news for you. I know how stressful the no knowing is. I am also waiting on mine. May I ask why you were found ineligible to see if it’s a similar thing to mine? Also was this the London office you had your interview appointment at? How long did it take to get your passport back once you sent it in? Sorry lots of questions!
Old Aug 9th 2019, 2:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gmatthews83

Hi, this is really great news for you. I know how stressful the no knowing is. I am also waiting on mine. May I ask why you were found ineligible to see if it’s a similar thing to mine? Also was this the London office you had your interview appointment at? How long did it take to get your passport back once you sent it in? Sorry lots of questions!
Top tip: you can see all of the previous posts from somebody by clicking on their name and selecting from the drop down box.

HTH and welcome to BE.
Old Aug 9th 2019, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

Hi

It was a historic theft conviction from 20plus years ago. It was London that we applied at. Posted it via royal mail special delivery on the Friday and came back a week on the Monday so about a week really.
hope you hear something soon
Old Aug 13th 2019, 11:06 am
Just Joined

P-don is an unknown quantity at this point

Arrived in the Florida last Friday and was referred to secondary inspection due to a problem with my fingerprints but I was only in there for about 5 minutes, funny thing is they never checked my fingerprints again.
Old Aug 13th 2019, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by P-don
Arrived in the Florida last Friday and was referred to secondary inspection due to a problem with my fingerprints but I was only in there for about 5 minutes, funny thing is they never checked my fingerprints again.
It's not your finger prints. The First Inspection officer gets a pretty generic error message whenever someone with a waiver goes through, which essentially says this person cannot be processed, move to secondary. You'll experience this every time you go through immigration into the US.
Old Aug 29th 2019, 7:33 am
Just Joined

Has any one had their waivers approved lately? How long did it take? Waiting for mine, it’s been 6 weeks so far and I travel in 5 weeks so now starting to panic!
Old Aug 29th 2019, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Has any one had their waivers approved lately? How long did it take? Waiting for mine, it’s been 6 weeks so far and I travel in 5 weeks so now starting to panic!
11 weeks is cutting it incredibly fine. That's about the very fastest we see around here and it's by far the minority. Whilst waivers do seem to be coming through a bit quicker than they have historically, the standard advice is expect a 6 month decision timeline plus processing time so don't travel less than 7-8 months in advance.
Old Sep 20th 2019, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Just to update you all on processing times.
I applied and booked my VISA interview on 29th June, had my Interview on 17th July where I was recommended for a waiver of ineligibility and on 17th September I had my email from the VISA office asking to submit my passport for VISA issue. So 2 months exactly which is great news, passport was sent yesterday so we will see how long that takes. Does anyone know roughly how long? I chose the DX courier service option?
Old Sep 20th 2019, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Just to update you all on processing times.
I applied and booked my VISA interview on 29th June, had my Interview on 17th July where I was recommended for a waiver of ineligibility and on 17th September I had my email from the VISA office asking to submit my passport for VISA issue. So 2 months exactly which is great news, passport was sent yesterday so we will see how long that takes. Does anyone know roughly how long? I chose the DX courier service option?
Husbands came back within 2 weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.