Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Mar 27th 2019, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

phil625sxc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Hi all

Just been to collect my passport from the DX Couriers and have been issued with both the visas I applied for, and both are valid for 5 years.

My interview was 26th November, request for sworn statement 1st March and email to send passport in for visa issuance 16th March.

Thanks again for all the help in this thread and good luck to those still waiting.
Old May 1st 2019, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Thekopman is an unknown quantity at this point

It’s gone quiet on this thread. I am coming up to my 3 months since interview and wondered if anyone has heard anything in last few weeks.
Old May 2nd 2019, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

Noobmaster69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thekopman
It’s gone quiet on this thread. I am coming up to my 3 months since interview and wondered if anyone has heard anything in last few weeks.
Mine was sent for waiver on 5th Feb 2019. Got email today asking to post my passport. Less than 3 months. I think the timelines are reducing.
Old May 2nd 2019, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

Wow - so will be keeping an eye on my inbox now then. Can I ask what email it was sent from? Thanks
Old May 2nd 2019, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

Wow - so will be keeping an eye on my inbox now then. Can I ask what email it was sent from? Thanks
[email protected]
Old May 6th 2019, 10:28 am
KT4
Just Joined

KT4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just an update from me. We received the email asking us to take our passports to the embassy for visa stamping. We were given the 221g at our interview and it stated that most cases are resolved within 60 days, ours took 64days from the interview.
Old May 6th 2019, 11:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by KT4
Just an update from me. We received the email asking us to take our passports to the embassy for visa stamping. We were given the 221g at our interview and it stated that most cases are resolved within 60 days, ours took 64days from the interview.
hi KT4

Can I ask what date your interview was please. Not sure what the 221g is but reason for my refusal was for an abh conviction 12 years ago.
Old May 6th 2019, 5:27 pm
KT4
Just Joined

hi KT4

Can I ask what date your interview was please. Not sure what the 221g is but reason for my refusal was for an abh conviction 12 years ago.
We had our interview 27th February, my husband had a conviction from 25 years ago. He had already applied for a waiver a year ago for a B1 visa that took 9 months to be issued.
Old May 6th 2019, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Kt1

So why did you need to apply again if you were issued one 9 months after the initial interview?

Regards
Old May 6th 2019, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Kt1

So why did you need to apply again if you were issued one 9 months after the initial interview?

Regards
Probably a different visa type.
Old May 7th 2019, 2:14 pm
KT4
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shiversaint
Probably a different visa type.
yes he had a B1 and we have just been issued our L1 and L2 visas
Old May 7th 2019, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by KT4

yes he had a B1 and we have just been issued our L1 and L2 visas
Okay that makes sense. I have applied for b1/b2 (think they categorise them the same ) back on Feb 12th and was refused (had to cancel hols , lose the obey etc). This was down to an abh change 10 years ago , I was simply given a form telling me I was going through the waiver process. This I presume was the same process your husband went through hence I may have a bit longer to wait.

Thanks for sharing 👍
Old May 9th 2019, 7:52 am
Just Joined

Email received this morning to send passport off. My appointment was 12th February so under 3 months. Fairly happy with this as can now start rearranging my family trip we had to cancel.
Old May 14th 2019, 10:23 am
Just Joined

I'm still waiting for my passport to be returned. I have travel plans for coming Monday. Hope I will get it before Friday. For anyone looking for timelines, I sent it on Friday 3rd May and the following Monday was a bank holiday. 5 working days and counting...
Old May 14th 2019, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noobmaster69
I'm still waiting for my passport to be returned. I have travel plans for coming Monday. Hope I will get it before Friday. For anyone looking for timelines, I sent it on Friday 3rd May and the following Monday was a bank holiday. 5 working days and counting...
I sent mine off on the 9th by dropping off to a DX location. I think it’s got to the embassy but who knows - hah. I hope yours is back in time and best of luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.