Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Feb 27th 2019, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by laxkay
Like will they ask about the reasons for waiver? I've read some have been in for questioning when they've landed.
Yes, that is almost certain to happen; but I wouldn't class it as an issue or something to worry about.
Old Feb 27th 2019, 10:14 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jay1971
Just had the DX,m email saying my passport will be delivered tomorrow
So from the email saying send documents to the visa stamped it has took 12 working days..2 days over the maximum
There is no maximum. They don't guarantee to return documents within a set number of days.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 5:53 am
Just Joined

floridadream is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just had the email to ask for my husband's passport. Similar timescale as others, his email to say they were recommending him for a waiver was early Nov. Thanks for help in getting to this point 😁
Old Feb 28th 2019, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Jay1971 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was given a, 5 year Visa & Waiver . USA here we come 👍👍👍👍👍👍
Old Mar 1st 2019, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

phil625sxc is an unknown quantity at this point

Just an update for those in the same position and watching this thread for info:

I had my interview 26th November and was recommended for a Waiver due to being refused a visa because of cannabis possession conviction from 1989.
Received an email today requesting a sworn statement regarding my current relationship with drugs etc.
Old Mar 1st 2019, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Noodler is an unknown quantity at this point

I got that email from them as well.

i replied and got my email asking for passport two days later.
Old Mar 1st 2019, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

thanks that's good to know - fingers crossed I'll hear something positive next week then!!
Old Mar 1st 2019, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

P-don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by phil625sxc
Just an update for those in the same position and watching this thread for info:

I had my interview 26th November and was recommended for a Waiver due to being refused a visa because of cannabis possession conviction from 1989.
Received an email today requesting a sworn statement regarding my current relationship with drugs etc.
I was asked specifically at the interview when was the last time I did drugs, didn’t they ask you.

Last edited by P-don; Mar 1st 2019 at 6:19 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2019, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

No they didn’t ask me at the interview, just told me that was the reason my visa was refused and that they would recommend me for a waiver as it was one offence from 30 years ago!
Old Mar 7th 2019, 10:36 am
Just Joined

hhg92 is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband got a call today asking for a statement that he does not take any drugs now and is a different man..
How long did you wait after you sent the statement until you got the "send passport" email?

We leave on the 10th of April so I guess there is still time but I am so nervous that he will not get the waiver and maybe not in time
Old Mar 7th 2019, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

Thekopman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hhg92
My husband got a call today asking for a statement that he does not take any drugs now and is a different man..
How long did you wait after you sent the statement until you got the "send passport" email?

We leave on the 10th of April so I guess there is still time but I am so nervous that he will not get the waiver and maybe not in time
Hi

If you read a few posts up this thread I believe Noodler commented that the email to request his passport came a few days later. It seems to take 2-3 weeks to get passport there and back so tight for you but certainly possible 🤞
Old Mar 7th 2019, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Oh thanks I didn't notice.

Old Mar 7th 2019, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by phil625sxc
thanks that's good to know - fingers crossed I'll hear something positive next week then!!
My husband got the same email, I am a little curious; have you received an email yet asking to send your passport?
Old Mar 7th 2019, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

No not yet - I sent my statement last Friday and had a reply from the embassy on Tuesday to say they had forwarded it to Washington and would contact me when they replied.
Old Mar 8th 2019, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Yoby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yoby
Hi all, I got my email though yesterday. My appointment was November 13th, so I got this back in just over 3 months.

I have a couple of concerns, 1st is do I need to use a certain courier to send my passport to them or can I just go down to the post office?

2nd is I have moved homes since my interview, there wasn’t an option to change address, does anyone know if there is a way to change the return to address.

thanks
i have just received my 5 year visa today, the whole process took less the 4 months.

thank you everybody that helped with my questions

will now be able to go on my honeymoon in April

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.