Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Sep 20th 2019, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

LondonAlb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Does anyone know the percentage of waiver refusals? I had my Belfast appointment on Tuesday. Was told I'll be referred for a waiver but they recommended me to expand on my personal statement and send it back which I did on Wednesday. Nothing heard in regards to an acknowledgement and my reference is not on the Belfast waiver tracking. Was very surprised to even be recommended for a waiver so I'm expecting a refusal but was told it's very rare to get a refusal.
Old Sep 22nd 2019, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LondonAlb
Does anyone know the percentage of waiver refusals? I had my Belfast appointment on Tuesday. Was told I'll be referred for a waiver but they recommended me to expand on my personal statement and send it back which I did on Wednesday. Nothing heard in regards to an acknowledgement and my reference is not on the Belfast waiver tracking. Was very surprised to even be recommended for a waiver so I'm expecting a refusal but was told it's very rare to get a refusal.
It is extremely rare to get a refusal. Is it possible to get a few more details about your case?

The refusals generally happen ahead of being recommended, rather than the DHS denying it, so if you've got this far, it's very likely you'll be fine. I wouldn't expect an acknowledgment of receipt around your expanded personal statement. That request is also not that unusual these days, we've seen quite a few recently.
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shiversaint
It is extremely rare to get a refusal. Is it possible to get a few more details about your case?

The refusals generally happen ahead of being recommended, rather than the DHS denying it, so if you've got this far, it's very likely you'll be fine. I wouldn't expect an acknowledgment of receipt around your expanded personal statement. That request is also not that unusual these days, we've seen quite a few recently.
Hiya, last conviction was 6 years ago which was a possession of cannabis charge, same charge 2 years prior. 15 convictions in total mostly when I was under 18. 3 years youth offenders stint when I was 17 y.o for robbery. Most convictions fall under Moral Turpitude (shoplifting).
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya, last conviction was 6 years ago which was a possession of cannabis charge, same charge 2 years prior. 15 convictions in total mostly when I was under 18. 3 years youth offenders stint when I was 17 y.o for robbery. Most convictions fall under Moral Turpitude (shoplifting).
I think you'll be fine - presumably the under-18 charges were not listed on your ACRO?

You're probably at the absolute earliest point where you might have got a visa, hence the personal statement request, and you may receive a relatively restricted visa as a result. But I really think the ConOff would have declined you there and then if it was going to be an issue.
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

I think you'll be fine - presumably the under-18 charges were not listed on your ACRO?

You're probably at the absolute earliest point where you might have got a visa, hence the personal statement request, and you may receive a relatively restricted visa as a result. But I really think the ConOff would have declined you there and then if it was going to be an issue.

All charges were listed on the acro certificate. Earliest I think was 2002 when I was 15. Yes I was quite surprised a waiver was put forward.
Old Oct 17th 2019, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Claraclack
It won't let me post his letter as an attachment or a picture but it literally says 'Having recommended your case to DHS for a waiver of your ineligibility, DHS has disapproved our request and decided not to grant you a waiver. This means you will not be receiving a non-immigrant visa at this time. I regret we could not grant your request.'
Sorry to hear the application was refused. Was the appointment in Belfast? If so, what was listed on the case tracker online after the refusal?
Old Oct 17th 2019, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry to hear the application was refused. Was the appointment in Belfast? If so, what was listed on the case tracker online after the refusal?
The case tracker will continue to say Refused until your passport is received after the request to send it in for visa issuance.

I understand what you're trying to do but there's no way you can get any more information at this point until after the decision. It's not easy, but the best thing you can do is sit back and forget about it.
Old Oct 17th 2019, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

The case tracker will continue to say Refused until your passport is received after the request to send it in for visa issuance.

I understand what you're trying to do but there's no way you can get any more information at this point until after the decision. It's not easy, but the best thing you can do is sit back and forget about it.
The case tracker doesn't say refused? It says referred to DHS and the application after mine on the spreadsheet says send passport. Not sure we are talking about the same thing.
Old Oct 18th 2019, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

The case tracker doesn't say refused? It says referred to DHS and the application after mine on the spreadsheet says send passport. Not sure we are talking about the same thing.
Sorry, my bad. Thought you were talking about the CEAC status tracker.

It's not that uncommon for Belfast cases to proceed slightly in and out of order.
Old Oct 18th 2019, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry, my bad. Thought you were talking about the CEAC status tracker.

It's not that uncommon for Belfast cases to proceed slightly in and out of order.
Oh ok.

I was just curious as none of them actually say refused and cases are dating back to December 2018 but I am aware of cases that have been refused in that time so was wondering what they note refused cases as.
Old Oct 19th 2019, 10:18 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Oh ok.

I was just curious as none of them actually say refused and cases are dating back to December 2018 but I am aware of cases that have been refused in that time so was wondering what they note refused cases as.
There really isn't any point in worrying about it. You'll either get the visa, or you won't. The best thing you can do is forget about it until you get the decision.
Old Oct 19th 2019, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
There really isn't any point in worrying about it. You'll either get the visa, or you won't. The best thing you can do is forget about it until you get the decision.
Hiya, wasn't worried just curious. Like I said I've seen waivers get refused but the case tracker pdf doesn't specifically say refused so wondered what they were noted as as the cases on there go back to December.
Old Oct 19th 2019, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Just got a letter this morning advising they wont be issuing a visa following the ineligibility waiver application. At least I know now! Good luck to everyone else waiting.
Old Oct 19th 2019, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just got a letter this morning advising they wont be issuing a visa following the ineligibility waiver application. At least I know now! Good luck to everyone else waiting.
Sorry to hear that. Give it a few years and I'm sure you'll get it next time.
Old Jan 19th 2020, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

Jay1976 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any idea for current timeframes had interview 13th November but obviously no recent posts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.